Interested Parties

15 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We won't be the EFL's problem in a month's time. Like Macclesfield, they've left it too late to do anything. They've failed again. 

Yh, there is that....

I don't think the authorities will let another historic club go to the wall though.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Underdog said the other day, that the council can activate a CPO on boundary park. Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t that mean- that  If we went to the wall, the council could force blitz to sell it to them? 

They can't force a discount price

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe, not my area.  But if there is no viable club what would be the point?

Because with our fanbase it would be much easier for an investor to start again from the bottom playing at and monetising BP than renting some non league shack.

Whatever the future holds- If we’ve got BP, we’ve got a club IMO.  

Just now, League one forever said:

Because with our fanbase it would be much easier for an investor to start again from the bottom playing at and monetising BP than renting some non league shack.

Whatever the future holds- If we’ve got BP, we’ve got a club IMO.  

I agree completely.  If that goes we're finished

46 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What about selling a community asset? 

Community asset designation simply means the owner has to give the beneficiary of the designation (basically the trust) 6 months notice before it can be sold to another party. Trust then uses that time to put in a counter offer. Owner not obligated to accept trusts offer. Doesn’t really get us very far. Better to have it than not but it’s not really got any teeth 

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

Community asset designation simply means the owner has to give the beneficiary of the designation (basically the trust) 6 months notice before it can be sold to another party. Trust then uses that time to put in a counter offer. Owner not obligated to accept trusts offer. Doesn’t really get us very far. Better to have it than not but it’s not really got any teeth 

Ok. 

But let’s say we go under, and Blitz wants to sell to a developer- can’t the council activate the CPO, because it’s not in the borough’s interest to let it go to housing. 

I’m not saying they would- I’m just asking theoretically? 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ok. 

But let’s say we go under, and Blitz wants to sell to a developer- can’t the council activate the CPO, because it’s not in the borough’s interest to let it go to housing. 

Council has the powers but the circumstances around BP mean it wouldn’t get through the courts. There are various reasons but it’s not an option in the short term.

As things stand, BP has no more status than an average playing field. It’s loss wouldn’t be deemed to be against the public interest should a good quality housing scheme be proposed on the land, subject to compensation for the loss of the ‘playing pitch’

There simply isn’t enough there to underpin a viable CPO case. 

With the right designation in the Oldham Local Plan, then things might look slightly different 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ok. 

I can't see how the would have the powers to spend £7m or whatever of taxpayers' money for a semi-derelict stadium with no club to play in it

Just now, Dave_Og said:

I can't see how the would have the powers to spend £7m or whatever of taxpayers' money for a semi-derelict stadium with no club to play in it

Yeah, I can’t see it either. I just wondered if there was a mechanism where the council could step in and then quickly sell it on. But it’s probably a pipe dream. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

but isnt Oldham a rugby town and they not homeless 

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Underdog said the other day, that the council can activate a CPO on boundary park. Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t that mean- that  If we went to the wall, the council could force blitz to sell it to them? 

I seriously doubt that!

17 hours ago, Andy b said:

Cheers Andy

Also, if the ACV is triggered, the asset owner sets how any deal is done.

• Could decide to sell to the entity who has triggered it only
  • Could decide to have an auction 
  • Could decide to appoint an estate agent to openly put it up for sale
  • Could decide to accept sealed bids

It gives fans an awareness and allows OASF to prepare and be ready if it is viable to place a bid or even trigger the process.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Apparently we'll lose an annual £1.25 million of EFL and TV revenue by going down.

Does anyone on here know how to value a business and, if so, how much this should reduce the value by?

I realise Lemsagam will still want what he wants... 

Need total income this season and total projected income for next to have a reasonable stab

He doesn't want what has been reported, however there is still no credible bidders who will pay what he wants. I believe they have already met to discuss plans for next season should the worst come to the worst and will continue to battle on with a determination to get us back in the EFL at the earliest opportunity.

Archived