Interested Parties

8 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I don't believe that to be the case. If something is agreed it would leave AL as very much a minority shareholder

Would Barry Owen have a senior position in the club if the proposal you're referring to comes to fruition?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Would Barry Owen have a senior position in the club if the proposal you're referring to comes to fruition?

Not a clue, as far as i'm aware Barry Owen is not involved.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

What's the incentive for Abdallah to remain a minority shareholder here?

Same as any minority shareholder in any business i guess. If he recoups some of his losses now but say retains a 15% share and the club improves in the long term, i'm guessing he might recoup some more in the future.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

My understanding was less alongside him but more a majority shareholder with AL retaining an interest but who knows?

Perhaps AL was only a front man for someone else from day one, or maybe it’s an attempt to remain the owner in all but name and deflect the vitriol he’s getting from the fanbase?

Incidentally, how would we all feel if it appeared that AL had stepped back from being the majority shareholder and handed over to a.n.other who then strengthened the squad and gave it a real go next season?

36 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Same as any minority shareholder in any business i guess. If he recoups some of his losses now but say retains a 15% share and the club improves in the long term, i'm guessing he might recoup some more in the future.

That would be a whole new level of insanity and delusion.  It's blindingly obvious that for the club to return to any sort of success and prosperity huge investment is needed and the inevitable consequence of that would be a massive dilution of any minority shareholder.  Is there nobody who has his ear who cannot point out that cutting his losses is the only sensible course of action?

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That would be a whole new level of insanity and delusion.  It's blindingly obvious that for the club to return to any sort of success and prosperity huge investment is needed and the inevitable consequence of that would be a massive dilution of any minority shareholder.  Is there nobody who has his ear who cannot point out that cutting his losses is the only sensible course of action?

What if he's selling 85% for substantially less than is rumoured? 

34 minutes ago, PeteG said:

So if he maintains a shareholding in the club he can claw back his directors loans if the club makes a profit which in reality only happens if we get some unbudgeted income such as a player sale or a cup run. When such an event happens rather than that money going back into the club to help build it up that money gets pocketed by Abdallah until all his directors loans get paid back? 

I'm struggling to see why any potential owner of sound mind would go for that. That's before having to deal with a hugely volatile personality.

Just now, PeteG said:

What if he's selling 85% for substantially less than is rumoured? 

Well given that what is rumoured is absolutely laughable I don't really see the relevance.  It would still need massive investment and that would still mean diluting his stake.  Unless he has found someone even more naive and gullible than he has proved to be

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Perhaps AL was only a front man for someone else from day one, or maybe it’s an attempt to remain the owner in all but name and deflect the vitriol he’s getting from the fanbase?

Incidentally, how would we all feel if it appeared that AL had stepped back from being the majority shareholder and handed over to a.n.other who then strengthened the squad and gave it a real go next season?

I'm out. 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So if he maintains a shareholding in the club he can claw back his directors loans if the club makes a profit which in reality only happens if we get some unbudgeted income such as a player sale or a cup run. When such an event happens rather than that money going back into the club to help build it up that money gets pocketed by Abdallah until all his directors loans get paid back? 

I'm struggling to see why any potential owner of sound mind would go for that. That's before having to deal with a hugely volatile personality.

You seem to know more than me - i've no idea if that's how it would work, but i'd imagine any loans would be wrote off and he'd be entitled to a shareholders dividend should one ever be paid or a percentage of any future sale of the club.

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not fully clued up on this but didn't Abdallah dilute Corney's remaining minority shareholding that he was planning to sell to the FLG? Can you protect your remaining shareholding as part of a sale agreement for the majority of it?

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Not fully clued up on this but didn't Abdallah dilute Corney's remaining minority shareholding that he was planning to sell to the FLG? Can you protect your remaining shareholding as part of a sale agreement for the majority of it?

He did and I wouldn't blame him for that at all.  A shareholding could be protected by issuing a new class of shares; for example the Foundation shareholding cannot be diluted as it is in special B shares.  But why would any buyer who must surely be able to work out that investment is needed be willing to issue such a class of shares.  Unless there was a formal agreement for AL to increase his investment alongside a new majority shareholder by matching whatever they put in (in percentage terms)

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He did and I wouldn't blame him for that at all.  A shareholding could be protected by issuing a new class of shares; for example the Foundation shareholding cannot be diluted as it is in special B shares.  But why would any buyer who must surely be able to work out that investment is needed be willing to issue such a class of shares.  Unless there was a formal agreement for AL to increase his investment alongside a new majority shareholder by matching whatever they put in (in percentage terms)

Yep, doesn't appear to make much sense at all really.

32 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I think that could be it, if an investor puts in Abdallah puts in equally as you say in percentage terms so instead of funding the club 100% he might well end up funding only 15% of it.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

Not a clue, as far as i'm aware Barry Owen is not involved.

I might have got this bit wrong actually, i've been told just an hour ago that Barry also went out to Germany so must be something going on.

Just now, PeteG said:

I think that could be it, if an investor puts in Abdallah puts in equally as you say in percentage terms so instead of funding the club 100% he might well end up funding only 15% of it.

I cannot get my head round why he would want to persevere with a venture that has been utterly disastrous throughout his involvement.  

Just now, Dave_Og said:

I cannot get my head round why he would want to persevere with a venture that has been utterly disastrous throughout his involvement.  

Who knows, what his options, liquidate the club? This might well be his best offer

2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Who knows, what his options, liquidate the club? This might well be his best offer

i think it's fair to say a lot of people would have doubts about anyone who wanted to partner with him.  They must know he has become toxic

58 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I might have got this bit wrong actually, i've been told just an hour ago that Barry also went out to Germany so must be something going on.

Fucking knew it :petesake: thought shitpeas had said he was walking away from it all???

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

You seem to know more than me - i've no idea if that's how it would work, but i'd imagine any loans would be wrote off and he'd be entitled to a shareholders dividend should one ever be paid or a percentage of any future sale of the club.

It's a possible scenario I'm not saying it's going to happen I have no idea who these people are but I worry about them if they think their is a financial return to be made on owning this football club and that they would want to keep Abdallah about. I'm even more concerned that Barry Owen is sniffing round them.

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's a possible scenario I'm not saying it's going to happen I have no idea who these people are but I worry about them if they think their is a financial return to be made on owning this football club and that they would want to keep Abdallah about. I'm even more concerned that Barry Owen is sniffing round them.

Perhaps ALs only offer to sell would be to retain a percentage of ownership, this may mean he will get a return at a later date if the club prospered. He may have no involvement in the running of the club. 

Maybe the investors whoever they are have agreed to this because it may be the only way for others to take control of the club.

People might not like some of those involved but if they get Al and his pratt of a brother out of the way thats got to be a good thing.

Any new owner or investor will be a gamble, whether they are the Royles and clan or Halliwell etc.

All depends what the investment is and long term plan.

But we are hearing about this possible scenario and the Royle scenario, better than hearing nothing,  but we have to agree that fans wont agree whatever the next move will be.

Archived