The First Team Squad, The Embargo And The Uncertainties

8 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

Looking at the great post from OAFCmetty in squad summer 21 quted below

I thinks its McGahey, , Couto, Vaughan and Da Silva

Who would you want? on current form Pidge, Sutton, Junior,Adams, Missilou, DKD?

Rodgers..

I'd imagine if the embargo isn't cleared most of the players we'd want to resign would be getting offered more than £800 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Rodgers..

I'd imagine if the embargo isn't cleared most of the players we'd want to resign would be getting offered more than £800 

There are also some who would want to re-sign who are not worth paying £800 a week and others who I wouldn't pay in washers.

4 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

There are also some who would want to re-sign who are not worth paying £800 a week and others who I wouldn't pay in washers.

I agree.. I'd take a chance on fondop once he's back fit, I'd also wanna resign Stobbs and Clarke if possible 

7 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

I agree.. I'd take a chance on fondop once he's back fit, I'd also wanna resign Stobbs and Clarke if possible 

Not sure about Stobbs, I think I'd have to check the trade descriptions act about him, Whelan and others who describe themselves as football players.

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Let’s enjoy this while we still can …

He's been our player of the season by a long shot this season, but it absolutely breaks my heart that a 17 second clip of a centre half heading a ball will end up on our end of season highlights reel...

1 hour ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Clarke absolutely, top defender if stays fit. Fondop no way, journeyman who Hartlepool released and Luamba is already a better prospect. And stobbs, I’d pay for him to be released. No where near good enough. Mcgahey, Adams, pidge, Rodgers, hart, Clarke, missilou, Vaughan, couto should all be retained whatever division for me. 

33 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's been our player of the season by a long shot this season, but it absolutely breaks my heart that a 17 second clip of a centre half heading a ball will end up on our end of season highlights reel...

Why so? The art of defending is an important part of football skills. And that clip would grace any team’s highlights reel 👍

46 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Clarke absolutely, top defender if stays fit. Fondop no way, journeyman who Hartlepool released and Luamba is already a better prospect. And stobbs, I’d pay for him to be released. No where near good enough. Mcgahey, Adams, pidge, Rodgers, hart, Clarke, missilou, Vaughan, couto should all be retained whatever division for me. 

Retained makes it sound like it's our decision

57 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Why so? The art of defending is an important part of football skills. And that clip would grace any team’s highlights reel 👍

I would rather a highlights reel of entertaining football and plenty of goals. But well done to Carl for heading the ball a lot this season. He should win POTS by an absolute landslide...

5 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Not sure about Stobbs, I think I'd have to check the trade descriptions act about him, Whelan and others who describe themselves as football players.

Whelan is still only 23yo and lots of scope to develop.

There's many still in Premiership  and Championship under 23s teams who would make no impact in this division.

You will see a far better player in a couple of years time so we should retain him IMO.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

There's many still in Premiership  and Championship under 23s teams who would make no impact in this division.

You will see a far better player in a couple of years time so we should retain him IMO.

He is lightweight but with an experienced solid midfielder alongside should continue his development, albeit slowly., 

Our back four and Rogers under Shez have been decent. Our problem is the midfield doesn't protect them and no one holds the ball up front. 

We'll be back to square one if these owners are in charge of recruitment in the summer. No one will want to stay. No one will want to come. 

On 4/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, BP1960 said:

You are having a laugh right??

Nothing personal against the lad but at 23 he should make more correct decisions than wrong ones and he doesn't.

Clearly he doesn't have the speed of thought to make the correct decisions, and his lack of physicality will also not help his cause.

Released from United, Port Vale and Watford without being a matchday league squad before we recued him. Sorry but they, and about 90% of Latics fans cant be wrong!

On 4/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, BP1960 said:

16 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Nothing personal against the lad but at 23 he should make more correct decisions than wrong ones and he doesn't.

Clearly he doesn't have the speed of thought to make the correct decisions, and his lack of physicality will also not help his cause.

Released from United, Port Vale and Watford without being a matchday league squad before we recued him. Sorry but they, and about 90% of Latics fans cant be wrong!

I tend to agree with @BP1960 - he ain’t as bad as some say imho

30 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

So Jamie Vardy and David Eyres should have stayed in non league at 25yo? Obviously many thought they would never improve by your reckoning.

40 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Yep, 100%. He is so weak. I would happily take another ten years of the Lemsagam brothers over one more season of CW playing in the Oldham midfield...

Archived