The First Team Squad, The Embargo And The Uncertainties

Surely the players they were trying to shift should have been made available (yes I know they’re shite!) at the beginning of the window and all efforts to get them out should have started at the beginning of January!

Its worth noting the 3 players in question were all Mo signings, two of which, Jameson and Diarra, who were expected to be released, were actually given contract extensions, much to the disbelief of just about everyone!!

I’m still hoping we can get a couple of them out and get a couple of key free agents in. If we don’t, IMO, Shez will have an almost impossible task!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Surely the players they were trying to shift should have been made available (yes I know they’re shite!) at the beginning of the window and all efforts to get them out should have started at the beginning of January!

Its worth noting the 3 players in question were all Mo signings, two of which, Jameson and Diarra, who were expected to be released, were actually given contract extensions, much to the disbelief of just about everyone!!

I’m still hoping we can get a couple of them out and get a couple of key free agents in. If we don’t, IMO, Shez will have an almost impossible task!

Agreed.

Some of the contract extensions handed out beggars belief.

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Seems that there was an expectation that one or both of Couto and Vaughan would be sold, obviously neither came to fruition.

I don't think we have the ability to make any further signings except in the event of a major unavailability crisis.

22 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Don't think embargoed clubs can sign anybody after the window closes. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Seen it suggested that Rogers only became established after playing on Saturday. Not sure how that works with him playing 100+ plus games in Scotland but who knows.

can't be true.  He's played for us already this season

4 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

So we've lost Dearnley, Bettache and Bowden and brought in Hunt, Missilou and Fondop.

I'm not convinced that's a massive upgrade... 

Massive upgrade, definitely not.

But a striker who can actually get on the field and a midfielder who likes a tackle are two things we desperately needed.

1 minute ago, OneSizeFitz said:

So we've lost Dearnley, Bettache and Bowden and brought in Hunt, Missilou and Fondop.

I'm not convinced that's a massive upgrade... 

I would play Missile and Hunt and Vaughan just behind Fondu. Whelan needs a rest although he can learn a shitload from Shez and become an excellent player.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Makes you wonder if we're about to hit admin and Couto and Vaughan can be snatched up for peanuts. Would explain the lack of movement this window.

To my my mind admin is almost exactly the same thing as liquidation in the current circumstances

On 2/1/2022 at 10:55 AM, oafc1955 said:

Flat cap MO is a football genius……….he only extended their contracts to give him time to negoiate their contract terminations, simples. 😂

10 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

Flat cap MO is a football genius……….he only extended their contracts to give him time to negoiate their contract terminations, simples. 😂

Flat cap Mo is a Football genius

We don't believe that he could be leaving us

So we're all here and you best be hearing us

FUCK OFF MO, YOU WANKER

oooooh

Flat cap Mo is a Football genius...

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Please can anyone including the oasf/pressure groups/media ask AL personally 'why' he hasn't paid off the embargo?

Good point. Maybe not him personally as it will be an unintelligible reply and probably a lie. But, someone out there, either involved or who used to be involved with the club will know

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Please can anyone including the oasf/pressure groups/media ask AL personally 'why' he hasn't paid off the embargo?

I think it's probably one of the more understandable things he's done tbh. He's most likely decided he's not putting anymore money in. It's obviously rank for us, but I get it. Certainly more understandable than leaving your clearly incapable brother to run your football club into the ground....

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted the EFL with regard to the embargo as below. I may not have asked the correct questions or been eloquent enough, but they have responded:

Query : OAFC are currently under embargo, for I think around £250K. A sum that does not appear the owner is willing or able to pay. Can you please tell me if the EFL makes regular enquiries as to 1. The clubs or owners ability to pay the loan 2. The reasons why rhe club or owner are not able to pay 3. Is there a period within which the sum must be repaid 4. Can the club or owner be forced to repay the sum and what form this would take. 5. Were any guarantees or guarantors given or named when taking the loan 6. What reason has been given by the club or owner for not repaying the sum 7. What are the actual sums , at this point, the club or owner are liable for and whether these will increase over time. I realise some of this information may be commercially sensitive, or available from other sources, but I am personally not that proficient in this sort of information gathering. Any information you provide would be most appreciated. Regards

The response:

Thank you for your email, we acknowledge your views on Oldham Athletic, and appreciate you getting in touch.

All Clubs who undertook a monitored loan agreement are subject to monitoring and ongoing review. Clubs were eligible to apply for a monitored loan based on ‘need’, with a joint EFL and Premier League panel determining eligibility. Ultimately, the Club’s embargo is there because of the terms agreed between Clubs, the EFL and the Premier League, whereby Clubs in receipt of a ‘monitored loan’ are subject to certain restrictions, in respect to transfer spend and player wages.

Of course, the principles of applying an embargo is to prevent a Club from strengthening its team or adding to its playing staff costs until such time as it has met its existing financial obligations and/or the Club has rectified the relevant breach of EFL regulation(s).

We continue to engage the Club on all such matters as appropriate, however we are not able to provide any further details in order to protect the Club’s interests. We would advise, should you wish, that you make further enquiries directly with them in this regard.

Thank you for contacting the EFL

I post this in case anyone is interested

13 minutes ago, Mercater said:

I contacted the EFL with regard to the embargo as below. I may not have asked the correct questions or been eloquent enough, but they have responded:

Query : OAFC are currently under embargo, for I think around £250K. A sum that does not appear the owner is willing or able to pay. Can you please tell me if the EFL makes regular enquiries as to 1. The clubs or owners ability to pay the loan 2. The reasons why rhe club or owner are not able to pay 3. Is there a period within which the sum must be repaid 4. Can the club or owner be forced to repay the sum and what form this would take. 5. Were any guarantees or guarantors given or named when taking the loan 6. What reason has been given by the club or owner for not repaying the sum 7. What are the actual sums , at this point, the club or owner are liable for and whether these will increase over time. I realise some of this information may be commercially sensitive, or available from other sources, but I am personally not that proficient in this sort of information gathering. Any information you provide would be most appreciated. Regards

The response:

Thank you for your email, we acknowledge your views on Oldham Athletic, and appreciate you getting in touch.

All Clubs who undertook a monitored loan agreement are subject to monitoring and ongoing review. Clubs were eligible to apply for a monitored loan based on ‘need’, with a joint EFL and Premier League panel determining eligibility. Ultimately, the Club’s embargo is there because of the terms agreed between Clubs, the EFL and the Premier League, whereby Clubs in receipt of a ‘monitored loan’ are subject to certain restrictions, in respect to transfer spend and player wages.

Of course, the principles of applying an embargo is to prevent a Club from strengthening its team or adding to its playing staff costs until such time as it has met its existing financial obligations and/or the Club has rectified the relevant breach of EFL regulation(s).

We continue to engage the Club on all such matters as appropriate, however we are not able to provide any further details in order to protect the Club’s interests. We would advise, should you wish, that you make further enquiries directly with them in this regard.

They pay back via withheld solidarity payments so no need for guarantees or a repayment plan

19 minutes ago, Mercater said:

The response:

I applaud your effort in trying to find out some details. It would be nice if our fucking owner told us how much the club borrowed, how much we owe, when it's going to be paid off etc. Not a lot to ask really. If he told us, I think he might get some nice comments for a change. The twat. 😀

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They pay back via withheld solidarity payments so no need for guarantees or a repayment plan

Any guesses when the solidarity payments will be repaid in the current situation Dave?

They can't go on forever surely?

2 minutes ago, redlion said:

I applaud your effort in trying to find out some details. It would be nice if our fucking owner told us how much the club borrowed, how much we owe, when it's going to be paid off etc. Not a lot to ask really. If he told us, I think he might get some nice comments for a change. The twat. 😀

Cheers, as I said I may have asked the wrong questions, but I tried

On 2/3/2022 at 11:02 AM, redlion said:

Well, you can all take the piss out of Mo if you want but when his great master plan comes to fruition you'll all be falling to your knees and praising Him. 🤣  You fickle lot. 🙂

Well, look at what I said !

Hasn't Mo done well ? 🤣

Got Shez and four more players in.

A draw and two wins !

I knew he knew his football. 😂

Archived