Missilou out for 3 games

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

But that simply isn't how it works as has been pointed out in this thread numerous times

So that makes it ok then and other people's opinions can be dismised according to your theory?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So that makes it ok then and other people's opinions can be dismised according to your theory?

I don't understand why you think people pointing out facts, like he could be suspended if he doesn't go without good cause, as being dismissive of other people's opinions.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:30 AM, BP1960 said:

I assume he could have refused to go, which under our circumstances would have been the right thing to do.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:33 AM, TheBigDog said:

If he refuses to go he effectively ends his international career. 

Hi @BP1960

see my response to your original assumption - not dismissing your opinion at all - merely pointing out what is generally accepted.
Also, as others have correctly stated, the country FA can ask that the player is barred from playing for his club for the duration should he refuse to go without good reason.

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Hi @BP1960

see my response to your original assumption - not dismissing your opinion at all - merely pointing out what is generally accepted.
Also, as others have correctly stated, the country FA can ask that the player is barred from playing for his club for the duration should he refuse to go without good reason.

I wonder how Alex Ferguson got away with for so long with the likes of Giggs?

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder how Alex Ferguson got away with for so long with the likes of Giggs?

Two explanations. One, he wielded a bit more power

Two, the rules have changed. For someone as experienced and knowledgeable as I fully acknowledge you are you seem weirdly naive sometimes 

9 hours ago, adamoafc said:

I was meaning more about using who he knew he had for the next few games. Might as well let them bed in etc. 

Unfortunately some of these bedding in are weeds.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:13 AM, adamoafc said:

Usually I would agree but given our position Missilou should be taking some responsibility over himself and saying no I need to be here. They can refuse calls up and plenty have over the years for various reasons. 

No surprise shez left him out if he isn’t committed to be here for the fight. 

100%. Didn't Leutwiler turn down a call up earlier in the season when he was in the team here?

It doesn't sit right with me at all that he's gone off to play these friendlies when we are missing so many players at the moment. Rat...

38 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

100%. Didn't Leutwiler turn down a call up earlier in the season when he was in the team here?

It doesn't sit right with me at all that he's gone off to play these friendlies when we are missing so many players at the moment. Rat...

Harsh.

44 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

This a million times. I’ve met the bloke a few times actually and he’s a nice guy. But he’s left us in the shitter, and for that I hope he never plays for us again. 

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He has deserted a sinking ship at a time when we need every experienced professional we have out on the pitch. Sheridan is rightly disgusted at him...

Agreed, we gave him a wages lifeline and off he goes to play abroad in a friendly. Probably won't even catch the team.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Agreed, we gave him a wages lifeline and off he goes to play abroad in a friendly. Probably won't even catch the team.

Hopefully back against Leyton Orient along with Hart. Pidge back this weekend and possibly Luamba. 
That’s four of the six in time for Stevenage…

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Hopefully back against Leyton Orient along with Hart. Pidge back this weekend and possibly Luamba. 

Thought Missilou was missing for three matches, so Sutton/Mansfield/Orient...

39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We knew this was a possibility when we signed him we can't complain that he goes off to play international football. The club only have themselves to blame for the abysmal state of the current squad.

He’s playing a friendly, he’s a bottle job. 

Despite our opinions, Missilou is gone for the three games and if he sits on the bench for all three then Sheridan will be even more furious. What he cannot do is punish Missilou by leaving him on the bench when he returns, unless someone plays an absolute blinder in his absence, which is highly unlikely.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He has deserted a sinking ship at a time when we need every experienced professional we have out on the pitch. Sheridan is rightly disgusted at him...

Ridiculous.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Doubly ridiculous.

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

This a million times. I’ve met the bloke a few times actually and he’s a nice guy. But he’s left us in the shitter, and for that I hope he never plays for us again. 

Unbelievable, words fail me.

19 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Ridiculous.

Doubly ridiculous.

Unbelievable, words fail me.

Why ? He’s left us without a holding mid to play a couple of friendly games when we are 9 games away from losing our football league status. The guy had no club and we gave him another chance, least he could have done was recognise we need him and repay the favour. 

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Thought Missilou was missing for three matches, so Sutton/Mansfield/Orient...

Suzanne Geldard writing of Missilou in The Oldham Times:

“It is hoped the midfielder will have returned in time for the visit of Leyton Orient next Tuesday - the fourth home game in a row.”

Archived