Missilou out for 3 games

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Christ….anyone would think losing Missilou was the be all and end all…..he’s been fairly shite since his return……scored a good goal but is a headless chicken, can’t hold possession and can’t pass the ball!!

I wondered why he slotted so easily into the team

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You are joking aren't you or trolling take your pick.

Not joking or trolling….Northampton, Newport & Swindon signed him and all got shut in double quick time.

He can tackle and is a bit of a busy bee type of player which we didn’t have in our squad but don’t try and tell me he’s key to our chances and a good player because he clearly isn’t!!

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Not joking or trolling….Northampton, Newport & Swindon signed him and all got shut in double quick time.

He can tackle and is a bit of a busy bee type of player which we didn’t have in our squad but don’t try and tell me he’s key to our chances and a good player because he clearly isn’t!!

You acknowledge that he’s an energetic footballer who puts himself around in the middle of the park, closing down the opposition and getting his foot in. He plays to his strengths.

Is he ‘key to our chances’? Well without him in the team we are far worse off.

And as for your question about him being a ‘good player’ … he is good for the balance of the team.

10 hours ago, Fervid said:

Put it like this I would rather he was there on Tues than swanning around the world for a needless friendly. 

I assume he could have refused to go, which under our circumstances would have been the right thing to do.

He's putting country before club.

I'd be livid if I was the manager, but would still still have started him against Exeter as points mattered most.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I assume he could have refused to go, which under our circumstances would have been the right thing to do.

I'd be livid if I was the manager, but would still still have started him against Exeter as points mattered most.

If he refuses to go he effectively ends his international career. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If he refuses to go he effectively ends his international career. 

Does he though? It would surely have been worth a conversation at the point of signing - if he's missing 3 crucial games for a friendly when we're facing relegation to non-league, it feels like some sort of discussion could have been had to try and get him out of it amicably.

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's got a contract that lasts about another two months and probably won't be renewed.  Can't see any reason at all why he wouldn't prioritise his international career..

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Does he though? It would surely have been worth a conversation at the point of signing - if he's missing 3 crucial games for a friendly when we're facing relegation to non-league, it feels like some sort of discussion could have been had to try and get him out of it amicably.

There's a parallel with the Fondop situation.  It appears to be the case that a full medical would have picked up the problem but we had little choice and it looked for a week or two that the gamble might pay off

38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes he can refuse to go, but Congo can then appeal to FIFA about him not playing, without being injured. In that situation FIFA have been known to ban the player from playing for his club during the international period. 

So him not going can still mean he doesn’t play and it would end his international career too. 

41 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Yes he can refuse to go, but Congo can then appeal to FIFA about him not playing, without being injured. In that situation FIFA have been known to ban the player from playing for his club during the international period. 

So him not going can still mean he doesn’t play and it would end his international career too. 

Exactly.  He's not going to jeopardise his international career for a club he's more than likely won't be at in 3 months.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

He's got a contract that lasts about another two months and probably won't be renewed.  Can't see any reason at all why he wouldn't prioritise his international career..

Except to help his club who are paying his wages to fight relegation.

if he doesn't want to do that he shouldn't be here under any circumstances next season in my eyes.

Perhaps he and many others know that hence they don't really care.

I've just checked and this Friday and next Tuesday Congo play Morocco in a 2 legged World Cup playoff!

I think if any of us were in the position of chosing to have a chance of playing in the WC Finals in December or probably the National League, we'd choose the later.

At the end of the day Shez should have started him on Saturday period and not doing so was probably a mistake.

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I've just checked and this Friday and next Tuesday Congo play Morocco in a 2 legged World Cup playoff!

I think if any of us were in the position of chosing to have a chance of playing in the WC Finals in December or probably the National League, we'd choose the later.

At the end of the day Shez should have started him on Saturday period and not doing so was probably a mistake.

For me it wasn't about Missilou being put in a position to choose or blaming him directly for going, more the club having discussions with Congo about it.  However, the games being WC play offs as opposed to a friendly changes things a bit! I wouldn't expect him to miss those.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

if he doesn't want to do that he shouldn't be here under any circumstances next season in my eyes.

It does feel a bit naive to me and in any event., as someone else has pointed out, he could well be banned anyway if he's a no show without good reason.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The highest accolade in any sport is to represent your country, good luck to him. 

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Couldn't Missilou have flown out after tomorrow's match and therefore only miss 2 games?

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Morocco eh? Is he being sent to throw the game for AL and Mo? Haha

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

It's the Democratic Republic of Congo that are playing Morocco.

Missilou is from Congo, a completely different nation.

Archived