Missilou out for 3 games

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

It's the Democratic Republic of Congo that are playing Morocco.

Missilou is from Congo, a completely different nation.

They are both referred to as Congo regardless. The Democratic Republic of Congo is the only Congo team playing, so it is obvious where he comes from. And it just shows him as coming from Congo

Wind yer neck in.

13 minutes ago, Mercater said:

They are both referred to as Congo regardless. The Democratic Republic of Congo is the only Congo team playing, so it is obvious where he comes from. And it just shows him as coming from Congo

Wind yer neck in.

Ah, the sweet voice of politeness. 

Obvious indeed in that Miss is not from the DRC but Congo ( for whom he has three caps) . 
Whilst my neck is apparently out, I refer you to several open information sources that will tell you this . 

Don’t feel too embarrassed- it’s an easy mistake to make although for someone with such a geographically linked name somewhat a strange one

14 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Ah, the sweet voice of politeness. 

Obvious indeed in that Miss is not from the DRC but Congo ( for whom he has three caps) . 
Whilst my neck is apparently out, I refer you to several open information sources that will tell you this . 

Don’t feel too embarrassed- it’s an easy mistake to make although for someone with such a geographically linked name somewhat a strange one

I tried to make a joke at first regarding Morrocco, Obviously you didn't get it

Its Congo DR my friend who are playing. Not the Republic of Congo. So Oldham Times (15th Jan)

"Missilou, a DR Congo international, will be available for selection for Saturday's scheduled game at Harrogate and has been assigned a new number (28)".

Your pedantry is admirable, although annoying

I don't feel embarrassed about anything, except  I call myself mercater and not mercator. Which would have made your joke funny

5 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Yes he can refuse to go, but Congo can then appeal to FIFA about him not playing, without being injured. In that situation FIFA have been known to ban the player from playing for his club during the international period. 

So him not going can still mean he doesn’t play and it would end his international career too. 

Spot on.  Really don't know why some people are finding your post so hard to understand.

It's not even Missilou's choice.  If he doesn't retire for good from internationals, he isn't playing for us those three games.

6 minutes ago, Mercater said:

I tried to make a joke at first regarding Morrocco, Obviously you didn't get it

Its Congo DR my friend who are playing. Not the Republic of Congo. So Oldham Times (15th Jan)

"Missilou, a DR Congo international, will be available for selection for Saturday's scheduled game at Harrogate and has been assigned a new number (28)".

Your pedantry is admirable, although annoying

I don't feel embarrassed about anything, except  I call myself mercater and not mercator. Which would have made your joke funny

I understand your error if you use solely the Oldham Times as your reference source. 

I suggest you take a look at the squad of the DRC for its match against Morocco. Not a Missilou amongst it. Although it’s possible that the FA of the DRC have got it wrong and the Oldham Times are spot on. 

Anyway Chris hasn’t chosen to play in a World Cup qualifier. Congo , his nation, are already out at an earlier group stage. 

Remember when someone bought a Congo flag to support Bahamboula, only for it to be the wrong Congo. Well Missilou and Bahamboula both play for the same Congo and that isn't the DR Congo.

DR Congo  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DR_Congo_national_football_team 

Congo https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congo_national_football_team

5 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

I understand your error if you use solely the Oldham Times as your reference source. 

I suggest you take a look at the squad of the DRC for its match against Morocco. Not a Missilou amongst it. Although it’s possible that the FA of the DRC have got it wrong and the Oldham Times are spot on. 

Anyway Chris hasn’t chosen to play in a World Cup qualifier. Congo , his nation, are already out at an earlier group stage. 

Exactly this. I was trying to find out who Congo were playing in the friendlies but struggling to get that info. But DR Congo World Cup match is a different team. Shez wouldn’t have been angry for Missilou to miss Oldham games to help his country reach the World Cup.

Am trying to find out if Bahamboula will miss games due to international call ups as well. Anyone know?

15 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Exactly this. I was trying to find out who Congo were playing in the friendlies but struggling to get that info. But DR Congo World Cup match is a different team. Shez wouldn’t have been angry for Missilou to miss Oldham games to help his country reach the World Cup.

Am trying to find out if Bahamboula will miss games due to international call ups as well. Anyone know?

Sudan (H) on 24/03/2022

Sierra Leone (H) on 29/03/2022.

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Sudan (H) on 24/03/2022

Sierra Leone (H) on 29/03/2022.

Well found. Yes, just translated this from their official site. Thankfully, no Bahambula listed in their squad. Interestingly, they list Missilou as a defender in the squad, wonder what position he plays as I wondered if he could slot in as CB cover…

https://fecofoot.cg/2022/03/17/stage-antalya-turquie/

National coach Paul Put has announced his list for the Antalya camp in Turkey.

For this first internship of the year 2022, of the Red Devils who are preparing the campaign for the playoffs of the CAN 2023 of Côte - d'Ivoire, Paul PUT has finally retained 24 players, instead of 27 as previously announced. The national coach will have to do without for this very important internship three of the major pawns of the Red Devils, in particular, Fernand MAYEMBO, Ravy TSOUKA and Nolan MBEMBA, all injured.

However, we note the return of three former captains of the 2014 campaign, namely, Chansel MASSA, Baudry MARVIN and Thievy BIFOUMA.

Two young dual nationals are entering the Diables – Rouges house, Ryan BIDOUNGA and Mons BASSOUAMINA.

In Antalya, the Red Devils will play two friendly matches on March 24 against Zambia and March 29 against Sierra Leone.

Wow - opened a  box of frogs here didnt I!

So he's not playing in a WCQ it would appear and thanks for clarifying, however he still should have played 90 mins on Saturday regardless of whichever Congo he is representing!! No resaon for dropping him in our position.

20 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Except to help his club who are paying his wages to fight relegation.

if he doesn't want to do that he shouldn't be here under any circumstances next season in my eyes.

Perhaps he and many others know that hence they don't really care.

Come on BP, you're better than that. Firstly, Missilou has worked his socks off for us since he came back. Secondly, as disjointed says, playing for your country - whether friendly or WC qualifier - is the highest honour.

I get fed up with managers - including Shez if the cap fits - who sign internationally-eligible players and then complain when they go off to join their national squads. You just have to deal with it.

10 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Come on BP, you're better than that. Firstly, Missilou has worked his socks off for us since he came back. Secondly, as disjointed says, playing for your country - whether friendly or WC qualifier - is the highest honour.

I get fed up with managers - including Shez if the cap fits - who sign internationally-eligible players and then complain when they go off to join their national squads. You just have to deal with it.

It seems like supporters feel that players should feel the same way that they do about the club.  They don't , and why should they?

14 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

No, my belief is if the club who are paying your wages are in dire straights you shouldn't be missing 3 important matches to play in an overseas friendly.

I agree though in our situation about signing players who are likely to miss matches through being called up for internationals.

We have seen it with Leutwiler, Hope and Bahamboula already this season, now Missilou.

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No, my belief is if the club who are paying your wages are in dire straights you shouldn't be missing 3 important matches to play in an overseas friendly.

But that simply isn't how it works as has been pointed out in this thread numerous times

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But that simply isn't how it works as has been pointed out in this thread numerous times

Usually I would agree but given our position Missilou should be taking some responsibility over himself and saying no I need to be here. They can refuse calls up and plenty have over the years for various reasons. 

No surprise shez left him out if he isn’t committed to be here for the fight. 

It’s only a friendly, and under normal circumstances I think he should be choosing club before country considering our desperate situation.

However, if he hasn’t been been promised a contract here for next season which is is almost certain then I’d probably do the same!

3 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Usually I would agree but given our position Missilou should be taking some responsibility over himself and saying no I need to be here. They can refuse calls up and plenty have over the years for various reasons. 

No surprise shez left him out if he isn’t committed to be here for the fight. 

Does that mean Shez won't play him when he returns?

Archived