Missilou out for 3 games

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s playing a friendly, he’s a bottle job. 

Pretty stupid comment that.

It doesn't matter if its a friendly or not he can go and play for his country like it or not. Its his career not yours. The only thing he owes us is to give is all when he does play for the club. Something I believe he does.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It doesn't matter if its a friendly or not he can go and play for his country like it or not. Its his career not yours. The only thing he owes us is to give is all when he does play for the club. Something I believe he does.

He's not giving his all for his club for 3 games when it's in dire straights is he?

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's not giving his all for his club for 3 games when it's in dire straights is he?

It's pretty simple really. If you don't want to risk players being away on international duty - particularly for clubs at our level - don't recruit them.

Good luck to Missilou, playing for your country - friendly or qualifier, it's irrelevant - is the highest honour a footballer can achieve. I'm sure when he returns he'll continue to give his all for the club. If Shez were to leave him on the bench as a "punishment" it would be remarkably short-sighted - the words shoot, in, foot would spring to mind.

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Agree to disagree then. If I was in his position playing for another club (to take the emotion out of it) I would have stayed behind to help the club, knowing full well I’ll get to play for my country again. It’s not my debut and it won’t be my last time being called up. 
Everyone can have an opinion, not stupid, cheers. 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Agree to disagree then. If I was in his position playing for another club (to take the emotion out of it) I would have stayed behind to help the club, knowing full well I’ll get to play for my country again. It’s not my debut and it won’t be my last time being called up. 
Everyone can have an opinion, not stupid, cheers. 

I think describing him as "a bottle job" or a "rat" as someonelse has described him, I think is ridiculously unfair in this instance your more general opinion I will again respectfully disagree with you no problem with that.

I think if he doesn't see himself having a future in the UK leagues, apart from NL, he may be trying to showcase himself and saying you have played a few internationals (albeit not good ones) is an option. Insulting the guy won't help, but it is what it is.

Get him back and throw him out on the pitch and hopefully he will do a job.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think describing him as "a bottle job" or a "rat" as someonelse has described him, I think is ridiculously unfair in this instance your more general opinion I will again respectfully disagree with you no problem with that.

Actually said he was a nice guy, doesn’t stop him from being a bottle job about a particularly event. It’s not an insult, he’s a bottle job in this instance in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Mercater said:

I think if he doesn't see himself having a future in the UK leagues, apart from NL, he may be trying to showcase himself and saying you have played a few internationals (albeit not good ones) is an option. Insulting the guy won't help, but it is what it is.

Get him back and throw him out on the pitch and hopefully he will do a job.

I don’t think he’s showcasing himself by playing a friendly for Congo. Would do more by staying here and playing a vital role in us (hopefully) staying up.  

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

People expect players to show loyalty.  God knows why.

Exactly.

How many times have England squad players who don’t turn up for a friendly get called rotten for not playing for England. 

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I wonder how many making negative comments about Missilou put their employer before their career. 

While it’s a fair comment, I’m not sure too many employers who pay an employee a wage would be too happy if the employee fucked off to do another job for a bit because it’s good for their career when their business is understaffed and going down the pan…

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

While it’s a fair comment, I’m not sure too many employers who pay an employee a wage would be too happy if the employee fucked off to do another job for a bit because it’s good for their career when their business is understaffed and going down the pan…

I'm not sure too many employers would be happy about us using work time arguing the Toss about Christopher Missilou unavailability for the next 3 games yet here we all are 😀

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

They should of known this was going to be the case when they signed him.

48 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

They should of known this was going to be the case when they signed him.

Hmm…there seems to be an insinuation that he had the choice to stay or go. While we wish him well on his international games, I can understand the resentment, especially if it turns out to be a factor in us staying in the football league and not..

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If only he could play. . . I’d have so much more confidence. 

He’s done ok, but he alone isn’t the difference. The other ten players are largely very shit. 

It’s a big issue when we don’t have another player of his type. 

Archived