MATCH: vs Mansfield Town (H) 26/03/22

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They just can’t get the job done. They should have been a couple up but can’t say Mansfield didn’t deserve anything. Another bad second half from us. Only saving grace is Stevenage lost and if we win Tues we could be out of bottom 2. It’s unlikely  though 

A striker in the squad and we win that. 

Learn some shithousery and we win that. That was a push on Sutton, any opposition player throws themselves to the floor, wins the free kick and it’s game over. We never do it. 

8 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Shez needs to hold his hands up today shocking feckin subs, in fact absolutely disgusting. 

The big mistake was Couto after his poor display in the last match. Very panicky and defensivley naive.

Competitive performance in the first half. Worth the halftime lead but it could have been more - Piergianni and Bahamboula missing good chances.

Once again we came out for the second forty five a much poorer side and, for much of the half, were simply overrun. They got an equaliser and if it wasn’t for Rogers could have scored two or three. 

We did have chances DKD with a tame effort and Clarke lacking belief when the ball came across goal late on.

Then with 30 seconds to go we switch off at the back from their throw and we lose our sixth game on the bounce.

Defeats for Scunthorpe, Stevenage and Barrow mean it stays the same at the bottom. We will have Hart back for the Orient game on Tuesday. Let’s hope that we continue the spirit that most showed for large parts of the game today. 

As someone said, I not sure I can take much more of this 😱

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Everything broke down with Hope.

Pulls out a tackles and no goal threat.

He’s not alone in that respect as we have a team littered with half hearted and clueless footballers but he is definitely a massive part of our problems and so pathetically weak.

Does he ever complete any sort of forward motion?

He’s not a striker and he’s not a midfielder, in fact, I don’t know what he is, perhaps he should retire?

One thing is certain……I do not want him anywhere near this team next season even if we are in the National League!!!

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s not alone in that respect as we have a team littered with half hearted and clueless footballers but he is definitely a massive part of our problems and so pathetically weak.

Does he ever complete any sort of forward motion?

He’s not a striker and he’s not a midfielder, in fact, I don’t know what he is, perhaps he should retire?

One thing is certain……I do not want him anywhere near this team next season even if we are in the National League!!!

To be honest most of them can do one , an absolute joke to call some of them professional footballers. 

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Should have won that. Enough clear chances. Gutting.

Should have won it by half time. Performance was better, making chances.

Blatant foul on Sutton in the build up, not switched on enough from the throw in and they score with rebound.

Adams should stay on, take Dylan off, he doesn't work hard enough, a passenger.

These late winners are gut wrenching but we can still do it I believe.

Keep the Faith

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Oh and that Rogers booking when Fage should've taken the free-kick goes straight on the never-ending bloopers of the season..

I was weeding nettles rather than watch that. Is it a bookable offence now for the wrong player taking a free kick?? 😂 

Unfortunately these players are just weak, to go 6 unbeaten should of given them some belief but they just don't have the belly for a fight and fail with the absolute basics at times, we've been in winning position or at least claiming a point so many times this season only for this rabble to bottle it, it's not even about ability when you are in injury time or the dying minutes of a game. They need to switch on and step up but we have a team devoid of any character, Adams one of the few who offers this made way and if he wasn't injured that is a criminal substitution, didn't expect anything but the fact we've thrown it away again doesn't bode well going in to next week.

Archived