MATCH: vs Mansfield Town (H) 26/03/22

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mansfield have one or two tall players in their team - both first choice central strikers:

Oates 6’1

Hawkins 6’6

plus Bowery 6’1 from the bench.

At the back they have:

O’Toole 6’2 

Hewitt 6’3

And keeper Bishop 6’1.

They are a blend of youth and experience and the manager, Nigel Clough, has used the loan market well. Matty Longstaff joining on loan from Newcastle is a good example.

They do seem to have stumbled slightly of late but did win at Rochdale last time out. 

Expect a tough game. Expect another defeat. 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Mansfield have one or two tall players in their team - both first choice central strikers:

Oates 6’1

Hawkins 6’6

plus Bowery 6’1 from the bench.

At the back they have:

O’Toole 6’2 

Hewitt 6’3

And keeper Bishop 6’1.

They are a blend of youth and experience and the manager, Nigel Clough, has used the loan market well. Matty Longstaff joining on loan from Newcastle is a good example.

They do seem to have stumbled slightly of late but did win at Rochdale last time out. 

Expect a tough game. Expect another defeat. 

Sutton had a couple of big lads up front and we struggled.  :(

Tuesday's perfomance doesn't bode well. We need the injuries and suspensions to clear so we can put out our strongest 11. 

It's a must win again. Not because we are safe if we do win but it eases the pressure and puts us potentially level with the team above and breathes some confidence back into the team and the fan base. Another defeat and it's beginning to spiral out of control a bit. 

IMO we need 4 points minimum from our next two home games and then something ( preferably a win ) from the Stevenage fixture…….The returning players will need to make an immediate impact or we are gone!!

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

In truth, it's been unravelling since DKD had his penalty saved.

True, I think a heavy defeat which is going to come at some point soon unless performances dramatically improve will be the tipping point though.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

True, I think a heavy defeat which is going to come at some point soon unless performances dramatically improve will be the tipping point though.

With Owen sniffing around and Mo showing his face again, it looks ripe for Shez walking. It might be reading too much into things though. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

With Owen sniffing around and Mo showing his face again, it looks ripe for Shez walking. It might be reading too much into things though. 

Don't think anybody would blame him if he did, the man truly is a Lord if he can turn this around again now.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Don't think anybody would blame him if he did, the man truly is a Lord if he can turn this around again now.

Already has the status, I for one wouldn't blame him if he upped sticks again. Give the job to Mo so he can hang himself. 

16 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Could you elaborate please, I wasn't aware shitpeas was trying to worm his way back in and surely Mo isn't that fucking stupid?

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Could you elaborate please, I wasn't aware shitpeas was trying to worm his way back in and surely Mo isn't that fucking stupid?

Someone on here posted a picture of Owen and Mo meeting recently. If I can remember where it was I will re qoute it or whatever. 

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If you believe Twitter Owen is indeed the real Owen then amongst other things he says he has been working day and night to source a replacement for Fondop.

42 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I don't want to believe this has any basis in the truth but I can't help being drawn into the 'coincidence' of the brother showing his face again and the downturn in results and probable return to a toxic atmosphere, despite Shez being around. Owen? Well, the less said, the better.

Life after Bradford…

Left BP that day in such a good mood - Oldham out of the relegation zone and I was super confident we could pull away and not get dragged back in.

AND…If someone had said in the next five games, the below list will happen (without giving away the results!!) I’d have been hugely optimistic…

Hope will bag a couple more goals

DKD wins L2 Player of the Month

Vaughan, Hunt & Couto all involved more.

Carlisle, Stevenage & Barrow all sack their managers.

Colchester (a) - Oldham to take the lead

Crawley (a) - Oldham to take the lead

Carlisle (h) - Oldham to take the lead & also win a first penalty of the season

Swindon (a) - McKirdy suspended and Oldham keep a clean sheet after 90 mins

Walsall (a) - Oldham to take the lead

Exeter (h) - Oldham win a second penalty of the season and Exeter have a man sent off

Sutton (h) - Will Sutton has been recalled from loan, plays fairly well and scores v the team bearing his surname.

Strange old game 😡

17 hours ago, Wardie said:

I don't want to believe this has any basis in the truth but I can't help being drawn into the 'coincidence' of the brother showing his face again and the downturn in results and probable return to a toxic atmosphere, despite Shez being around. Owen? Well, the less said, the better.

I don't think the downturn in results is down to the reappearence of Mo and Barry Owen, Sheridan would walk immediately if either was trying to twist his arm.

What I do know is that keeping Barry Owen on after the takeover was a catastrophic mistake for the Lemsagams and by taking his advice on what could be a very long and ultimately very costly legal fight which they will likely lose will be another damaging mistake. A legal case which is fuelled by nothing other than Mr Owens on personal vendetta against former directors and his own desperate need for personal power above what is right for the football club. 

Archived