Today's Shitstorm.

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

Please could you point some out, offer a decent sample size so we can get a good look at your claim. Cheers.

Sorry Matt but no. I'm not that interested. Chaddy expressed an opinion and I passed a comment about it, that's all.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, redlion said:

Sorry Matt but no. I'm not that interested. Chaddy expressed an opinion and I passed a comment about it, that's all.

I must say I've never seen anyone duck back below the parapet as quickly as you just have.

If you want to promote and encourage debate - then you have to be prepared to actually take part in one and offer a rationale for your views. 

3 hours ago, redlion said:

Well you would struggle because like one or two on here, you don't seem to appreciate, much less tolerate views which oppose your own. Maybe one day you will learn to accept views opposed to your own as a persons rite and not just throw insults their way.

We are talking about the same thing here? 

I’m referring to The realistic group. 

I’m not calling them idiots for holding a different or opposing view, because no one has actually heard a single rationale argument from them. I’m calling them idiots because they prefer to talk each other in a closed Facebook group and post highly personal and disgusting comments about people they disagree with. They don’t have the backbone or intellect to back up their view, or respectfully challenge so they just denigrate others. They have no hold official rile, are not elected or are not recognised in any official capacity, yet seek credence and parity in meeting Andy Burnham- I think because they have a title?? It’s beyond laughable. 

I agree with you- everyone should be listened to. But for that to happen, you need balance, respect, and a ability to see a different view. They have none of this, and therefore are irrelevant. 

I did enjoy the irony in you saying everyone should be entitled to view without insults, and your opening line was- Well, you would struggle. . 😂😂

46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

it's two years or so old and she lasted about five minutes after it - not hugely relevant

There you go again with your put downs.

I thought it was relevant in the context of a what was said at time and didn't happen.

IMO you really come across as pompous.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I thought it was relevant in the context of a what was said at time and didn't happen.

I don't think he was BP in all honesty, think he was just informing someone who wasn't around 2 years ago that it's an old article 

Let's say someone might be interested in bringing the club and the stadium together from the two current owners. Poss court case could be dropped.

Any idea of how much for club plus freehold of stadium.

3 minutes ago, oldham8 said:

Let's say someone might be interested in bringing the club and the stadium together from the two current owners. Poss court case could be dropped.

Both parties reportedly value their bits at 6 million each 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Block me again if you like. I was just pointing out to Basil that it was dated which I don't think he had realised 

1 hour ago, oldham8 said:

They are both asking for too much but let's say they settle at £5 million for the lot with the breakdown being £4,999,999 for the land and stadium and £1 for the actual club.

The land has somekind of actual value the club doesn't.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They are both asking for too much but let's say they settle at £5 million for the lot with the breakdown being £4,999,999 for the land and stadium and £1 for the actual club.

The land has somekind of actual value the club doesn't.

Which is irrelevant really when it is never going to be given away, I'd suggest if someone offered him what had been turned down previously he'd probably take it now which I think was 1.5m.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Which is irrelevant really when it is never going to be given away, I'd suggest if someone offered him what had been turned down previously he'd probably take it now which I think was 1.5m.

Well he could keep hold of the club until someone meets his asking price if he likes it will be costing him money every day to do so. So effectively he'd be punching himself in the face. Which by the looks of it he likes doing so the slide down the leagues will continue.

6 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

I must say I've never seen anyone duck back below the parapet as quickly as you just have.

If you want to promote and encourage debate - then you have to be prepared to actually take part in one and offer a rationale for your views. 

Are you still here ?

7 hours ago, redlion said:

Now you're just being daft and exaggerating. I'm not referring to this "group" in particular. I don't know of this "group". I am referring to your demeanour in general. Quick to insult if peoples opinions go against your own. You won't ever see it but I'm sure others do.

You know nothing about me or my demeanour. . The way you have ducked behind the parapet says a lot though 

I'm a flawed individual and I certainly react sometimes to my detriment but I also get on with a few here 

11 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Hahaha. Sorry. Only had one person in mind...

No worries that's why I put haha.

Hubby is off the road now Driver assessor and let's just say he has not forgotten when Birkett got in my face outside BP one match day

The ball n chain has a verryyyyyy long memory.

Like most latics fans

Archived