Today's Shitstorm.

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

No worries that's why I put haha.

Hubby is off the road now Driver assessor and let's just say he has not forgotten when Birkett got in my face outside BP one match day

The ball n chain has a verryyyyyy long memory.

Like not latics fans

Is he selling tickets for when he meets Chuckle?

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Is he selling tickets for when he meets Chuckle?

I think there will be a very long line.

However if a mound appears in the centre circle at BP...I will buy him an alibi off ebay.

Tbh. I can handle myself. Broke up many a fight on campus and that was the staff...lol

4 hours ago, oldham8 said:

Let's say someone might be interested in bringing the club and the stadium together from the two current owners. Poss court case could be dropped.

Any idea of how much for club plus freehold of stadium.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

They are both asking for too much but let's say they settle at £5 million for the lot with the breakdown being £4,999,999 for the land and stadium and £1 for the actual club.

The land has somekind of actual value the club doesn't.

@oldham8In his PTB Q&A Blitz said that Brassbank bought the stadium and land in 2004 for £4.6m. (I presume that included the land behind the Chaddy and the land the Dialysis Unit on Sheepfoot Lane now sits on.) Blitz also added that Brassbank put in £3.8m to complete the North Stand.

As @GlossopLaticsays, the football club and badge is only worth £1, especially if you take on the £4m of liabilities, a £1m fall in revenue because of relegation, and a possible outstanding tax bill of over £800k.

If someone, or consortium, did offer AL £1.5m for the club - as @yarddog73has mentioned - I'd seriously question their business judgement. 

18 hours ago, redlion said:

Sorry Matt but no. I'm not that interested. Chaddy expressed an opinion and I passed a comment about it, that's all.

If you're not that interested why are you bothering? I'm interested.

11 hours ago, redlion said:

Are you still here ?

Why are you here? Or maybe, why are you here?

15 hours ago, oldham8 said:

Let's say someone might be interested in bringing the club and the stadium together from the two current owners. Poss court case could be dropped.

Any idea of how much for club plus freehold of stadium.

Thanks for the various answers. Looking at the sums mentioned, including the debts, it doesn't look a huge figure in the scheme of things. If someone shaped the numbers and suggested some pruning it might generate some funding interest. The challenge being building up a club almost from scratch. A club with history, the freehold of its stadium, a new north stand which could start living up to its potential, etc.

19 minutes ago, oldham8 said:

Thanks for the various answers. Looking at the sums mentioned, including the debts, it doesn't look a huge figure in the scheme of things. If someone shaped the numbers and suggested some pruning it might generate some funding interest. The challenge being building up a club almost from scratch. A club with history, the freehold of its stadium, a new north stand which could start living up to its potential, etc.

The devil is in the detail. Is BP viable?

FLG seem to think so as they are running business from the NS at least

It needs a clean sweep which we all know and bringing both club and stadium(asset) back together too

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

The devil is in the detail. Is BP viable?

FLG seem to think so as they are running business from the NS at least

It needs a clean sweep which we all know and bringing both club and stadium(asset) back together too

Think BP has to be viable, more expensive to start afresh with a new ground in Oldham and moving away to rent elsewhere stop gap at best.

Agree club and stadium need to be re-joined and someone with a vision could prob put together some numbers. Question is do they bide their time for now or come in straight away. Prob the former.

15 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Block me again if you like. I was just pointing out to Basil that it was dated which I don't think he had realised 

You aren't a moderator as far as I know so if posts seems irrelevant to you just ignore them, others might find them interesting.

46 minutes ago, oldham8 said:

Think BP has to be viable, more expensive to start afresh with a new ground in Oldham and moving away to rent elsewhere stop gap at best.

Agree club and stadium need to be re-joined and someone with a vision could prob put together some numbers. Question is do they bide their time for now or come in straight away. Prob the former.

Total best guess.

2 stands to replace, 1 stand/carpark to complete, poss 1 stand some remedial work. Factor in the purchase cost of stadium and car park only as well. A good £15mill?

Factor in loss of little Wembley to housing and potentially Plumpton clough (behind RRE) too.  Means a loss to expand at BP to get training facilities back on site minimum. Not unless you purchase them too. An extra £5 mill? So a good £20mill 

New build? Think Brentford was £22 mill. From top of my head Everton and tranmere currently looking at new builds. 

I will presume that no-one/entity will make a move until NS ownership is sorted. Timescale? A good 18 months to get to court...if it does.

Now to buy the club is another matter...given that it has bern sold for £1 before...

So a good 18 months for OASF/PTB to put themselves in a strong position with the support of the taskforce.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

You aren't a moderator as far as I know so if posts seems irrelevant to you just ignore them, others might find them interesting.

Not really sure why your knickers are twisted as I was responding to Basil. Let's put it down to hot weather. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

If you're not that interested why are you bothering? I'm interested.

Why are you here? Or maybe, why are you here?

Well I suppose I come on here to find out what's going on. Several people on here seem to be "in the know". Some people have interesting ideas. I just can't help myself sometimes. My Dad, a Yorkshireman, always used to say "hear all, see all, say nowt". I've never been able to keep to that.

FYI.

BbC manc radio today 4pm. Hour long show on downfall of latics.

Includes interviews with Joe Royle, Lee Johnson, Richie Wellens, Pete Wild. Also staff like Mark Moisely and I believe....Simon Blitz

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

£71 

I remember the then Southampton chairman stating it cost them £500 per seat to build st Mary's so think we would be looking at around £750 a seat now .so to build a stadium around 16k capacity ala Doncaster we would be looking at £12 million without purchase cost of new land etc.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

FYI.

BbC manc radio today 4pm. Hour long show on downfall of latics.

Includes interviews with Joe Royle, Lee Johnson, Richie Wellens, Pete Wild. Also staff like Mark Moisely and I believe....Simon Blitz

Sick of hearing Owen's voice...

18 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I bet he’s real fun to be out with🥱..and he’s got the kind of face you’d never get tired of slapping!!😡

funny how nobody out w their mates has ever bumped into 'Bazza out w his mates'

ever.

in like 60 years.

Has anybody been in touch with Talk Sport about our leader as to why he does not reply to people about wanting to buy the club or have they dropped us now we are not in the EFL......Just a thought as they have his number..

Archived