Playing Squad - Summer 22

24 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is it only me that’s really not that arsed if Adams signs or not ? If he does, meh if he doesn’t, meh also. 

Same, prob on decent money as well. Rather spend it on 2 than 1 old guy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Adams has a good cross on him, dangerous from set plays and I think he could play CM for us. 

I must have been in a daze for the majority of last season cos I could swear most of his crosses went straight into the keepers' hands...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I must have been in a daze for the majority of last season cos I could swear most of his crosses went straight into the keepers' hands...

I think a lot did. But our only hope of scoring was from him crossing the ball. From either out wide or dead balls. I think Porter, Fondop and Hope have a better chance of scoring from a cross than any other passage of play. On that alone id keep him. 

He can also play right wing, right back, centre mid and left wing if needed. 

Edited by LightDN123
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep, thus evading the phalanx of highly accomplished strikers we put out every week

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

The worry for me is we now have 3 “strikers” hope, porter and fondop. Hope didn’t score many last season, porter may get 10if we are lucky, same fondop. We need a bit of pace up there, the classic small man to feed off them. Can’t see us having 4 strikers.

Edited by yarddog73

The worry for me is we now have 3 “strikers” hope, porter and fondop. Hope didn’t score many last season, porter may get 10if we are lucky, same fondop. We need a bit of pace up there, the classic small man to feed off them. Can’t see us having 4 strikers.

Edited by yarddog73

Luamba has shown pace and physicality he could well kick on with a good pre season.

34 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Luamba has shown pace and physicality he could well kick on with a good pre season.

Luamba looks promising. Should have scored a couple against Salford. If he can’t stay fit he won’t be a footballer much longer. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Luamba looks promising. Should have scored a couple against Salford. If he can’t stay fit he won’t be a footballer much longer.

Wow that's some assessment, young lad has all the attributes just starting out in the game, scored in the football league already, improved every time I've seen him and you think he won't be a footballer 🤣

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Wow that's some assessment, young lad has all the attributes just starting out in the game, scored in the football league already, improved every time I've seen him and you think he won't be a footballer 🤣

tbf he did say “if he can’t stay fit he won’t be a footballer much longer”.

You can’t really disagree with that …

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

tbf he did say “if he can’t stay fit he won’t be a footballer much longer”.

You can’t really disagree with that …

Of course he will the lad is still developing physically, he visibly filled out after his spell on the sidelines last season and came back stronger so on that basis I think I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, he can make a career for himself BUT with all young players it depends how he applies himself, I reckon there would be one or two clubs looking at him already and in my opinion if he fulfills his potential he could get a real nice move. Let's face it he wouldn't be the first young player written off on here to go on and have a decent career up the pyramid. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course he will the lad is still developing physically, he visibly filled out after his spell on the sidelines last season and came back stronger so on that basis I think I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, he can make a career for himself BUT with all young players it depends how he applies himself, I reckon there would be one or two clubs looking at him already and in my opinion if he fulfills his potential he could get a real nice move. Let's face it he wouldn't be the first young player written off on here to go on and have a decent career up the pyramid. 

He came back slower not stronger for me. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Every time I've seen him it amazes me that he is a professional footballer. Think I've seen 60 good minutes from him all season and that was at home to Bristol. Opinions eh, SF...

16 hours ago, Flemboy said:

But where is the money coming from especially  when many wont buy a ST.

Id love us to sign 6 more players .

Quite. 

Which is why expectations need to be tempered. I can see us signing a couple first teamers and then just  loans. 

It will be the same as last year- threadbare. Relying on the same 3 or 4 to pull us out of the shit. 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Think you have misunderstood. I think he could be a good player, he’s just always injured. If he has a season like last year, always injured, he will slip down. 
Not written him off at all. 

29 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Nicky Adams quietly deleted from the squad page

First Team - Oldham Athletic

The only part of that squad which has anything approaching experience is the defence - the same defence that was the second worst in L2 last season, and we've lost the first choice keeper.  By common agreement our strike force was dire to non-existent but there were five sides that scored fewer than we managed