Playing Squad - Summer 22

27 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Get the feeling someone has done the maths and thought shit, yeah we can afford these “Stellar” signing… back to bargain basement shite 

We've got the captain of last year's champions and a proven striker.  I reckon those are the stellar signings

Is Porter a proven striker? You'd have to go back a while to count 10 league goals. If Fondop and Junior are there at the beginning of the season i doubt porter starts. 

On Windass, his dads a very well known ex footballer, his brother a talented footballer in his own right. If at this stage he's only ever reached part time despite the obvious advantages he's got he must be garbage.

More Stella than stellar. 

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Is Porter a proven striker? You'd have to go back a while to count 10 league goals. If Fondop and Junior are there at the beginning of the season i doubt porter starts. 

On Windass, his dads a very well known ex footballer, his brother a talented footballer in his own right. If at this stage he's only ever reached part time despite the obvious advantages he's got he must be garbage.

Dean Windass and Josh both started in non league. Josh was 22 before getting a pro deal. 

No guarantee Jordan will match their exploits but he knows what is required - and so does Shez.

Benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise.

Don't forget Mark Ward and David Eyres also late starters.  We shall see.

21 minutes ago, Clifford said:

totally agree but he still may be better than Dylan Fage! Imagine if he’s worse ahh 

34 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Dean Windass and Josh both started in non league. Josh was 22 before getting a pro deal. 

No guarantee Jordan will match their exploits but he knows what is required - and so does Shez.

Benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise.

Don't forget Mark Ward and David Eyres also late starters.  We shall see.

Josh made his professional debut for Accrington aged 19

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I am pleased with this and (I’m putting it out there now) I think he is going to have a banging season…

Can't quite tell if you're taking the piss or not here but personally other than giving the ball away in key areas which we were punished from on several occasions I thought he improved as the season went on particularly when Shez came in, like a few he lost his confidence but was best playing direct and running at defences, another squad player we still need the quality in to be up there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Josh made his professional debut for Accrington aged 19

Good spot. I was just testing!

Point is Accy picked him up from non league, not through an academy set-up.

Granted Jordan is older as he joins the pro ranks but I think it unfair to dismiss him out of hand. Let's see what he ca do.

Just now, Boyyou said:

Good spot. I was just testing!

Point is Accy picked him up from non league, not through an academy set-up.

Granted Jordan is older as he joins the pro ranks but I think it unfair to dismiss him out of hand. Let's see what he ca do.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't quite tell if you're taking the piss or not here but personally other than giving the ball away in key areas which we were punished from on several occasions I thought he improved as the season went on particularly when Shez came in, like a few he lost his confidence but was best playing direct and running at defences, another squad player we still need the quality in to be up there.

Best crosser of the ball in the squad last season, not much competition. If we bother playing with a striker he may provide a fair chances.