Playing Squad - Summer 22

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I envisage Clarke being just as bog standard whether in the Conference, League Two or even League One. He's one of those strange players.

I'd assume he's one of the potential departures given the wage he's likely on.

Windass at right back?

Leutweiler or McGahey to go too?

Hopefully Norman has been signed as back up to a new keeper.

I'm intrigued to see how Hope does purely by virtue of him possibly being way more of an athlete compared to most of what he'll come up against.

Maynard looks like he's been signed to start in midfield.

Has Sheron been signed to start in defence or cover defence and midfield?  

Can Fondop be relied on to stay fit? Will he even be any good if he does?

Can Porter do 90 minutes regularly? 

Luamba could kick on. We'll need him to if we don't sign one or two forwards that are better than we've got. 

I can't seen Sutton and Couto being in his plans.

Same for Vaughan possibly.  Too lightweight?

But then Luke Burgess looks similarly lightweight... 

I get signing older heads who've done it in the league before to an extent but I really do hope we sign some better quality in the coming weeks.

I still think a whole spine could/should come in but, if not, we've got more of a spine for this league than we had for the league above last August.

Not my favourite pre-season post of yours...

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

With your wealth of knowledge that is greater than Sheridans?

Well, Sheridan only used them when he absolutely had to last season. As soon as McGahey was back fit, he dropped Sutton. I would be very surprised if Couto, Vaughan, Sutton and Luamba started many games for us next season...

42 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well, Sheridan only used them when he absolutely had to last season. As soon as McGahey was back fit, he dropped Sutton. I would be very surprised if Couto, Vaughan, Sutton and Luamba started many games for us next season...

Nah. Must have been ALMO calling the shots 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I tend to agree that they will, in the main, be used from he bench. Of the four, I believe that Vaughan has the best chance of starting a few.

17 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I envisage Clarke being just as bog standard whether in the Conference, League Two or even League One. He's one of those strange players.

I'd assume he's one of the potential departures given the wage he's likely on.

Windass at right back?

Leutweiler or McGahey to go too?

Hopefully Norman has been signed as back up to a new keeper.

I'm intrigued to see how Hope does purely by virtue of him possibly being way more of an athlete compared to most of what he'll come up against.

Maynard looks like he's been signed to start in midfield.

Has Sheron been signed to start in defence or cover defence and midfield?  

Can Fondop be relied on to stay fit? Will he even be any good if he does?

Can Porter do 90 minutes regularly? 

Luamba could kick on. We'll need him to if we don't sign one or two forwards that are better than we've got. 

I can't seen Sutton and Couto being in his plans.

Same for Vaughan possibly.  Too lightweight?

But then Luke Burgess looks similarly lightweight... 

I get signing older heads who've done it in the league before to an extent but I really do hope we sign some better quality in the coming weeks.

I still think a whole spine could/should come in but, if not, we've got more of a spine for this league than we had for the league above last August.

l had Maynard as CB and Sheron as CM (probs CDM in a 4231)

14 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I tend to agree that they will, in the main, be used from he bench. Of the four, I believe that Vaughan has the best chance of starting a few.

If Abdallah can get some money in  for Couto and Vaughan I think they will be the one’s most likely to leave!

44 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If Abdallah can get some money in  for Couto and Vaughan I think they will be the one’s most likely to leave!

Abdallah won't be selling any asset this late in the game unless it was already agreed.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Abdallah won't be selling any asset this late in the game unless it was already agreed.

Yep…cos I suppose the value of Couto and Vaughan were a condition of sale.

Tad bemused that we’ve not brought in some loan players ahead of tomorrow.  We 100% need some pace in the team up front and on flanks plus creativity in middle of park.

I assumed the takeover would inject a bit more investment on the field and JR/DR/JS would have already scouted & secured via their contacts once the ink was dried.

Might be greedy and expecting too much but perhaps we’re giving the current crop their chance in the first few games.

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Tad bemused that we’ve not brought in some loan players ahead of tomorrow.  We 100% need some pace in the team up front and on flanks plus creativity in middle of park.

I assumed the takeover would inject a bit more investment on the field and JR/DR/JS would have already scouted & secured via their contacts once the ink was dried.

Might be greedy and expecting too much but perhaps we’re giving the current crop their chance in the first few games.

Maybe the new lad or lads will be picked up on the way down to the game later on today. 

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Who says we haven't? I remember last season Shez was a bit annoyed at Fondop for posting his operation to Instagram, as Shez wanted to keep it a secret. I think Shez likes to surprise the opposition with late, previously unannounced signings, so he may be keeping some under wraps.

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Who says we haven't? I remember last season Shez was a bit annoyed at Fondop for posting his operation to Instagram, as Shez wanted to keep it a secret. I think Shez likes to surprise the opposition with late, previously unannounced signings, so he may be keeping some under wraps.

All players have to be registered by 12pm today and both clubs are aware of who is registered for their opposition, regardless of when it's announced...

Archived