Playing Squad - Summer 22

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd be quite content with Leutwiler being number 1 in the conference. Problem is the WC. If he gets selected then he'll miss a chunk of games...

If we sign another keeper and he  becomes a non league clubs 3rd choice it would be something if he actually starts a World Cup match.

does he start for canada? cant imagine he does. on the surface it sounds impressive being an international world cup keeper but when you look further l think theres only about four canadians who identify as goalkeepers on the planet, so it kinda loses its edge

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

does he start for canada? cant imagine he does. on the surface it sounds impressive being an international world cup keeper but when you look further l think theres only about four canadians who identify as goalkeepers on the planet, so it kinda loses its edge

3 caps in total, made his debut 2016 - played for lots of Switzerland national youth teams

How can anyone predict  where we will finish  the team building hasn’t finished . Although I think some of the signings are positive. I’m sure not all of them will work out  we would be very lucky if they did, id like to see a bit of pace added in forward areas  and another midfielder that can dictate  the game  don’t think we got that in any of our signings  but as things go  so far so good  room for a few more  incomings  for sure . 

My position hadn't changed from a couple of weeks ago I think we will be up there, much depends on the final couple of signings as well as the loans as to whether we can have a real go at automatic, with the signings we've made plus those who are here for another season I'd be staggered if we don't finish top half.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

My position hadn't changed from a couple of weeks ago I think we will be up there, much depends on the final couple of signings as well as the loans as to whether we can have a real go at automatic, with the signings we've made plus those who are here for another season I'd be staggered if we don't finish top half.

He should be relieved of his duties if we aren't top 7 by November...

54 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

It was tongue-in-cheek... I don't think I'll be proven wrong. I'd be surprised if we finish above mid-table.

l need more of this! l'm gona end up w the wrong attitude by the start of the season at this rate.

mind you, by the time it come to a match day l ALWAYS think we can win, no matter who we are playing against, who plays for us or any other variable.

Quite impressed with our transfers so far, seem to of picked up a few players with proven track record in the national league including a few players who know all about getting out of the national league, I often get over confident but I'm feeling like the play offs is a reasonable target next season 

8 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Quite impressed with our transfers so far, seem to of picked up a few players with proven track record in the national league including a few players who know all about getting out of the national league, I often get over confident but I'm feeling like the play offs is a reasonable target next season 

As someone on Twitter said: “We’re a National League club signing National League players” 👀

20 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

As someone on Twitter said: “We’re a National League club signing National League players” 👀

As opposed to a League 1/League 2 team signing French Sunday League players, how refreshing.

44 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

As someone on Twitter said: “We’re a National League club signing National League players

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

As opposed to a League 1/League 2 team signing French Sunday League players, how refreshing.

Refreshing? Possibly. We are now signing players for the level we find ourselves at.

Let’s not get too carried away by this just yet is the message. 

None of us really have much idea how good or bad these players are or how we will do. It's a pleasant surprise that we have signed a decent number of players with some decent relevant experience this early in the summer and can only assume that the pending ownership change is a factor. 

Archived