19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not off one signing. This on paper is a very good signing and one I'd be happy for us to make if we were going for promotion but we will either not follow it up with enough quality in the squad or we will do something twatish like make him go and train with the youth team, it's just what we do.

Looks like the embargo has gone as this is a 2 year contract.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Looks like the embargo has gone as this is a 2 year contract.

……..Subject to FA and League approval. After Curle’s revelations about nobody reading the conditions of the EFL loan, I’ll wait before allowing optimism to pop its head out of the trench.

3 promotions in five seasons all as captain is pretty impressive, he captained the team that came out of the division we are heading into and on that basis I think he is a decent signing, defence looks pretty solid already it will be the centre of the park and upfront where we see where the clubs intentions are for the next season. Puts a few myths to bed though and it is positive news.

11 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Piergianni should take legal action against anyone who thinks this is an upgrade 

He wasn't that fucking good, Piergianni has a very similar CV and it isn't going to improve much at Stevenage 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You're not going to get much more NL pedigree than the guy who captained the champions four weeks ago. More proof that players will always sign for this club despite the farce going on upstairs. Chris Porter next please...

Good shout as goes Porter

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You're not going to get much more NL pedigree than the guy who captained the champions four weeks ago. More proof that players will always sign for this club despite the farce going on upstairs. Chris Porter next please...

25 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Good shout as goes Porter

At the risk of doing a Peter Clarke

He's 38?

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

At the risk of doing a Peter Clarke

He's 38?

Hes also a striker who tend not to go on aslong as centre backs, and who also has a history of injury problems.

But the deal was done a few weeks ago apparently.....

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hes also a striker who tend not to go on aslong as centre backs, and who also has a history of injury problems.

But the deal was done a few weeks ago apparently.....

Thanks Barry 

(For signing Porter, I know you're Neil)

I was listening to a podcast with Warren Feeney the other day and he said a piece of advice he got from Sheridan was to sign players who have recently had promotions as they have a winning mentality. Fits the bill with Hogan. Porter was promoted 2020 with Crewe...

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was listening to a podcast with Warren Feeney the other day and he said a piece of advice he got from Sheridan was to sign players who have recently had promotions as they have a winning mentality. Fits the bill with Hogan. Porter was promoted 2020 with Crewe...

Not sign Clarke, Hart, and McGahey all relegated in the same season alongside a centre back who passes with his head. 
Still annoyed we have kept Hart. 

58 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Not sign Clarke, Hart, and McGahey all relegated in the same season alongside a centre back who passes with his head. 

Has that been confirmed?

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I thought Sam "been relegated 2 years straight" Hart thought he still belonged in the league 

Archived