5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Can’t believe what I’m reading here. 

We’ve signed two players, (albeit better than I thought) and one or two are saying we’ll be challenging. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

Who can name 9 other players under contact that will give us a 7/8 out of ten the vast majority of weeks? Because that’s what you need to challenge in any division.

The players from last season couldn’t compete- why? Because they’re not good enough. Even if you can name 9, that gives us an ok starting 11. What about the inevitable injuries and suspensions? 

We are miles off competing IMO, and need at least another 6 or 7 or the calibre that have just come in before we have a sniff. Then add in the mere presence of the stench and Mo, oh and the boycott. . . you get the picture. 

Promotions don’t happen with largely shit players at toxic clubs. I’d snap your hand off right now to just stay in the division. 

With no transfer window you don’t need to have the pieces in place from game 1. We were competitive for the most part last season, not like we were cast adrift like Scunthorpe. Boycott is irrelevant if every away game is a sellout.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

With no transfer window you don’t need to have the pieces in place from game 1. We were competitive for the most part last season, not like we were cast adrift like Scunthorpe. Boycott is irrelevant if every away game is a sellout.

Good grief 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eh? 

So very low home crowds and no atmosphere won’t affect the players? 

We aren't renowned for having high home gates so can't see it making much difference, there shouldn't be any toxicity given everyone of that mindset won't be there.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Can’t believe what I’m reading here. 

We’ve signed two players, (albeit better than I thought) and one or two are saying we’ll be challenging. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

Who can name 9 other players under contact that will give us a 7/8 out of ten the vast majority of weeks? Because that’s what you need to challenge in any division.

The players from last season couldn’t compete- why? Because they’re not good enough. Even if you can name 9, that gives us an ok starting 11. What about the inevitable injuries and suspensions? 

We are miles off competing IMO, and need at least another 6 or 7 or the calibre that have just come in before we have a sniff. Then add in the mere presence of the stench and Mo, oh and the boycott. . . you get the picture. 

Promotions don’t happen with largely shit players at toxic clubs. I’d snap your hand off right now to just stay in the division. 

Stop talking shite, same players went 6 or 7 unbeaten under Shez and we didn't get battered off anyone, if you think we need 9 players on that I reckon you are trolling, four or five decent signing and in my opinion we already have two will see us play offs at least, anyway I'm prepared to let Shez have a go, he knows what we need and is obviously calling the shots at present and getting on with the job which won't be celebrated but is a fact.

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We aren't renowned for having high home gates so can't see it making much difference, there shouldn't be any toxicity given everyone of that mindset won't be there.

I agree it won’t be toxic, but the people that aren’t going to home games are also the same people who create the atmosphere. Playing to largely silent low crowds can’t help. And if it doesn’t matter then it makes your away crowd point moot. You can’t have it both ways. 

I’d wager we’ll pick up more points away than at home. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I agree it won’t be toxic, but the people that aren’t going to home games are also the same people who create the atmosphere. Playing to largely silent low crowds can’t help. And if it doesn’t matter then it makes your away crowd point moot. You can’t have it both ways. 

I’d wager we’ll pick up more points away than at home. 

I think far too much is made of atmospheres in general but there wouldn't have been much in the opening weeks/months of the season anyway given the stature of the opposition we will be playing.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Stop talking shite, same players went 6 or 7 unbeaten under Shez and we didn't get battered off anyone, if you think we need 9 players on that I reckon you are trolling, four or five decent signing and in my opinion we already have two will see us play offs at least, anyway I'm prepared to let Shez have a go, he knows what we need and is obviously calling the shots at present and getting on with the job which won't be celebrated but is a fact.

I forgot the season was 6 or 7 games long Yardy. 😂😂

Let’s just forget about all the games he lost then, oh and getting relegated.
And you think IM trolling. . Christ.

We lost those games because they couldn’t maintain playing above themselves to get results. . they couldn’t do that because they weren’t ultimately weren’t good enough. Something you yourself said many times over towards the end of the season. What’s changed about them players? Two signings, with a couple more to come? Give over. 

There’s clutching. 

There’s over positive delusion. 

Then there’s believing the last lot are suddenly good enough to challenge. 

The two signings are decent for that level- there are also 33 and 39. . . so let’s not get giddy about them playing every week. In addition to them we need at least two other strikers, another centre half, two full backs, two midfielders, there’s another 7 off the top of my head. And I’m sure Shez will add that many if he can.

If we can get a largely new side together, with the old lot coming in sporadically. If Mo and the stench stay away and if the players can get used to playing in no atmosphere at home then we may do ok-  by which I mean mid table/top half. 

But that’s a lot of if’s- which means it highly unlikely. 

I do agree Shez looks in control, which a tiny crum of comfort. 

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think far too much is made of atmospheres in general but there wouldn't have been much in the opening weeks/months of the season anyway given the stature of the opposition we will be playing.

Yeah, that’s fair. 

It is hard to actually measure it in terms of a result. I just think human nature says you tend to play better with the fans vocal and behind you, rather than quiet and no backing.  But who knows. 

When Hogan was named as un-retained from Stockport I had a quick look at his wiki and quizzed a few of my County supporting mates and come to the conclusion if we was going to make a go of it next season he's the sort of player you want, I didn't think we'd sign him but we have and it's a very good signing. 

As for Porter yes he's not the Striker he once was,the amount of game might be a test for him but when we last played Crewe he still had it, he was playing in League 1 last season, he should be able to cause defenders problems next season and he's better than what we've currently got.

First 2 bits of business and I'm impressed, Maher is being offered league football so we might not get him but if we do that will be another good signing, were also being linked to Gime Toure who looked decent for Carlise and has decent pedigree in the National League.

I hate the fact we're in this League, I despise those responsible for our downfall but the signings we've made and the players that we are sniffing around makes me optimistic for next season.

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I forgot the season was 6 or 7 games long Yardy. 😂😂

Let’s just forget about all the games he lost then, oh and getting relegated.
And you think IM trolling. . Christ.

We lost those games because they couldn’t maintain playing above themselves to get results. . they couldn’t do that because they weren’t ultimately weren’t good enough. Something you yourself said many times over towards the end of the season. What’s changed about them players? Two signings, with a couple more to come? Give over. 

There’s clutching. 

There’s over positive delusion. 

Then there’s believing the last lot are suddenly good enough to challenge. 

The two signings are decent for that level- there are also 33 and 39. . . so let’s not get giddy about them playing every week. In addition to them we need at least two other strikers, another centre half, two full backs, two midfielders, there’s another 7 off the top of my head. And I’m sure Shez will add that many if he can.

If we can get a largely new side together, with the old lot coming in sporadically. If Mo and the stench stay away and if the players can get used to playing in no atmosphere at home then we may do ok-  by which I mean mid table/top half. 

But that’s a lot of if’s- which means it highly unlikely. 

I do agree Shez looks in control, which a tiny crum of comfort. 

What I said at the back end of last season hasn't changed you can have a read through it, we were mentally weak had no leaders and four or five players short and that sentiment still remains, we need a couple of decent players in the centre of the park and we won't be too far away, I'm hearing one or two other names being banded about and if we get them I'll be more than happy. 

47 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And after that 7 match unbeaten run those same players lost 11 of our last 14 games taking 7 points from a possible 42 when they had every incentive possible to win those games.

You can tell we haven't seen a promotion chasing team in a long long time because this squad currently is atleast 9 players who are starters in not just our team but most others in the division and a few players who are good enough to come of the bench to make a difference too. 4-5 players will see us avoid relegation it will not have us challenging. I've said on another thread the players we have kept on Clarke Hart McGahey Luamba Fondop all struggled with injuries last season Luamba is still developing physically but the others have histories of injuries prior to them coming here. We need some serious additions before we will challenge.

The first 2 additions are positives and are clearly Sheridan signings 1 is clearly a leader and a proven winner at this level the other will probably be more useful from the bench and will add experience in the dressing room but we are going to need alot more where that came from. Certainly if we are going to compete with the likes of Wrexham.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

And after that 7 match unbeaten run those same players lost 11 of our last 14 games taking 7 points from a possible 42 when they had every incentive possible to win those games.

You can tell we haven't seen a promotion chasing team in a long long time because this squad currently is atleast 9 players who are starters in not just our team but most others in the division and a few players who are good enough to come of the bench to make a difference too. 4-5 players will see us avoid relegation it will not have us challenging. I've said on another thread the players we have kept on Clarke Hart McGahey Luamba Fondop all struggled with injuries last season Luamba is still developing physically but the others have histories of injuries prior to them coming here. We need some serious additions before we will challenge.

The first 2 additions are positives and are clearly Sheridan signings 1 is clearly a leader and a proven winner at this level the other will probably be more useful from the bench and will add experience in the dressing room but we are going to need alot more where that came from. Certainly if we are going to compete with the likes of Wrexham.

Spot on. 

2 hours ago, Handsy said:

Think the midfield additions will be the most important ones both defensively and attacking midfielders. If shez gets them right think we got a  chance of finishing in the upper reaches of a league  for a change . 

They won't be Callum Whelan and that gives me more hope than ever before...

Didnt Shezz say his would be his busiest season ever player turnover wise . First two in fit the bill . Rumours of other players who we are interested in also look decent . Maybe there will be cause for optimism as bad as that sounds lol.

39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

And after that 7 match unbeaten run those same players lost 11 of our last 14 games taking 7 points from a possible 42 when they had every incentive possible to win those games...

On that point, I still believe the return of the flat-capped twat was a huge factor in what happened with the team, it's morale and the subsequent results. To me, that is the sole reason form dipped and then relegation. Nothing anyone can say will make me change my mind on that and how poisonous he has been to our club. It's absolutely shocking what that man has been allowed to do and probably intends to carry on doing. 

In which case, I hope Shez puts his fucking lights out. :D 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, that’s fair. 

It is hard to actually measure it in terms of a result. I just think human nature says you tend to play better with the fans vocal and behind you, rather than quiet and no backing.  But who knows. 

Well, they survived the league during lock-down and no fans.

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

On that point, I still believe the return of the flat-capped twat was a huge factor in what happened with the team, it's morale and the subsequent results. To me, that is the sole reason form dipped and then relegation. Nothing anyone can say will make me change my mind on that and how poisonous he has been to our club. It's absolutely shocking what that man has been allowed to do and probably intends to carry on doing. 

Mohamed was there throughout the 7 game unbeaten run...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Really? I thought he was not attending the games at BP or in and around the club. There was plenty of comments on social media about his apparent return to BP.

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

This is the other thing aswell as 9 quality signing we have to hope we have a shitstorm free season without the off field distractions. The season finished less than a month ago and look how many we've already had. 

I'm sure ALMOBO will think of plenty of ways to shag things up over a full season in ways we didn't think we're possible.

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Except he wasn't at the games. When we played Newport he was at Old Trafford. I think he was also at Old Trafford when we played Colchester too.

Just now, rudemedic said:

Except he wasn't at the games. When we played Newport he was at Old Trafford. I think he was also at Old Trafford when we played Colchester too.

Nope but he was around the club. I saw him myself the Monday after the Rochdale game, which also happened to be deadline day...

Archived