• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be a couple at Halifax you'd be happy with Waters and Warburton who I always liked when he played at Nash, Warburton still lives local and would be an upgrade on most of our midfield from last season although I remember him as a No 10, Slew would probably do a job as well although you'd hardly describe him as prolific.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, GlossopLatic said:

But the deal was done a few weeks ago apparently.....

:toilet:

I suppose with the North Stabd shut meaning Boundary Park is now completly safe from terrorist attack we can now bring in a better quality of player.

Thanks Barry

On 5/30/2022 at 12:17 PM, Clifford said:

No prem money, barely any parachute payments due to EFL loan and record low ST sales. A million down on income? Do people really expect us to be front of the line for signings.

Wait until the friendlies start and Barrow, Wrexham and Stockport have rejected their trialists. We might then get a chance of signing a few of them.

And yet here we are on the 6th June with the captain of the reigning champions and a proven goalscorer from the EFL...

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

And yet here we are on the 6th June with the captain of the reigning champions and a proven goalscorer from the EFL...

Blows a few myths out of the water for sure, if Stobbs and Adams sign that's 15 by my reckoning and a team under Shez which should be challenging, couple more decent additions and we will be right in the mix with a bit of luck.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Blows a few myths out of the water for sure, if Stobbs and Adams sign that's 15 by my reckoning and a team under Shez which should be challenging, couple more decent additions and we will be right in the mix with a bit of luck.

Keeping Stobbs and Adams will drain any bit of optimism I have...

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Keeping Stobbs and Adams will drain any bit of optimism I have...

Personally think they'll be okay in the League we've dropped in to, couple of decent midfielders and you would have to be optimistic.

Think the midfield additions will be the most important ones both defensively and attacking midfielders. If shez gets them right think we got a  chance of finishing in the upper reaches of a league  for a change . 

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Personally think they'll be okay in the League we've dropped in to, couple of decent midfielders and you would have to be optimistic.

People have been saying that there are reasons to be optimistic around this time of year for a couple of decades now. Struggling to see them myself 

Can’t believe what I’m reading here. 

We’ve signed two players, (albeit better than I thought) and one or two are saying we’ll be challenging. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

Who can name 9 other players under contact that will give us a 7/8 out of ten the vast majority of weeks? Because that’s what you need to challenge in any division.

The players from last season couldn’t compete- why? Because they’re not good enough. Even if you can name 9, that gives us an ok starting 11. What about the inevitable injuries and suspensions? 

We are miles off competing IMO, and need at least another 6 or 7 or the calibre that have just come in before we have a sniff. Then add in the mere presence of the stench and Mo, oh and the boycott. . . you get the picture. 

Promotions don’t happen with largely shit players at toxic clubs. I’d snap your hand off right now to just stay in the division. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Can’t believe what I’m reading here. 

We’ve signed two players, (albeit better than I thought) and one or two are saying we’ll be challenging. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

Who can name 9 other players under contact that will give us a 7/8 out of ten the vast majority of weeks? Because that’s what you need to challenge in any division.

The players from last season couldn’t compete- why? Because they’re not good enough. Even if you can name 9, that gives us an ok starting 11. What about the inevitable injuries and suspensions? 

We are miles off competing IMO, and need at least another 6 or 7 or the calibre that have just come in before we have a sniff. Then add in the mere presence of the stench and Mo, oh and the boycott. . . you get the picture. 

Promotions don’t happen with largely shit players at toxic clubs. I’d snap your hand off right now to just stay in the division. 

Don't forget Shez did say there would be good use of loanees this season.

Archived