10 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I remember Sheff Utd away with Latics fans singing Jose Baxter's name to high heaven whilst giving Porter absolute pelters. He did the dirty on us, I for one don't want him back. Never mind any concerns over his age. 

His dirty doing also killed Corney in the transfer market and made him sell prem level players for one weeks wages.

sayin that tho, he did have a 1 in 3 goal involvement ratio at league one level last season...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I remember Sheff Utd away with Latics fans singing Jose Baxter's name to high heaven whilst giving Porter absolute pelters. He did the dirty on us, I for one don't want him back. Never mind any concerns over his age. 

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

His dirty doing also killed Corney in the transfer market and made him sell prem level players for one weeks wages.

sayin that tho, he did have a 1 in 3 goal involvement ratio at league one level last season...

Corney turned down bids for Porter.

Porter saw out his contract and moved to the best option for him at that time.  Left a sour taste in my mouth but it was hardly doing the dirty he was completely in his right.

Happens to me on footy manager all the time as I can't bring myself to sell my star striker (though I did snap West Hams hand off at £600,000 for Marc Klock)

My concerns are his age and his injury proneness but looking at his time with Crewe he still has goals in him 

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Porter saw out his contract and moved to the best option for him at that time.  Left a sour taste in my mouth but it was hardly doing the dirty he was completely in his right.

Happens to me on footy manager all the time as I can't bring myself to sell my star striker (though I did snap West Hams hand off at £600,000 for Marc Klock)

My concerns are his age and his injury proneness but looking at his time with Crewe he still has goals in him 

l know yeah. he out right lied said he would sign and Corney fell for it and the sting ensured he went too far in the oppsite direction.

26 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Played 36 games for Crewe in league 1 last season scoring 6 times. How often he was used from the bench here I don't know. If we are expecting him to play 90 minutes for 40+ games then I'd be worried but off the bench or as a player who say makes 15-20 starts with the rest from the bench then it could work.

But with Mike Fondop already here who has barely played over 20 games a season throughout his career then you have to worry about how many players we have who can last a 40 plus game season throw in the likes of Clarke McGahey and Hart who all struggled with injury plus Lumaba and Nicky Adams isn't getting any younger either then it could be a problem with a limited budget having too many players sat in physios room.

I'd also let what happened 15 years ago slide too it's not healthy holding a grudge 

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Played 36 games for Crewe in league 1 last season scoring 6 times. How often he was used from the bench here I don't know. If we are expecting him to play 90 minutes for 40+ games then I'd be worried but off the bench or as a player who say makes 15-20 starts with the rest from the bench then it could work. But with Mike Fondop already here who has barely played over 20 games a season then you have to worry about how many players we have who can last a 40 plus game season throw in the likes of Clarke McGahey and Hart who all struggled with injury plus Lumaba and Nicky Adams isn't getting any younger either then it could be a problem with a limited budget.

I'd also let what happened 15 years ago slide too it's not healthy holding a grudge 

I'd forgotten about Fondop

Dont think Porter would be a bad signing if Shez is allowed to build a squad. Porter will score goals and will be someone the younger kids playing up top may learn from.

If he does sign, along with Hogan, I dont think thats a bad start

13 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Dont think Porter would be a bad signing if Shez is allowed to build a squad. Porter will score goals and will be someone the younger kids playing up top may learn from.

If he does sign, along with Hogan, I dont think thats a bad start

I'd have too argee, the loop hole which ment we would receive no compensation because he signed for a Scottish club and not an English club at the time really hurt but football is football and agents are agents.

Should we get this deal over the line that would be a good bit of business, CP knows how we feel about him so hopefully he's ready to win us back over. 

14 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

This interview from Porter left a bit of a bad taste:

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/crewe-alex-oldham-give-lot-16735856.amp

It is worth noting, it was mentioned twice in that piece, that Oldham fans 'don't know the full story'.

Have a listen to the Jose Baxter interview were he mentioned he was lied to by Corney about a chunk of money he was promised. 

All stories have 2 sides.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You not happy with Porter then?

Looked ok at Crewe last time I saw him but hoping we also sign younger, fitter, faster players. We don't want a team full of ageing, injury prone players so need to get the right mix.

6 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Looked ok at Crewe last time I saw him but hoping we also sign younger, fitter, faster players. We don't want a team full of ageing, injury prone players so need to get the right mix.

Think Sheridan wants a team of experienced players...

7 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I don’t like he left for nowt but not holding that against him. Main point is, he’s a lot better than what we have right now. He’ll be an improvement so if we can get him then happy with that 

This 

I don’t get this constant analysis of our potential squad. Under our present ownership we cannot possibly move forward and have absolutely zero chance of competing for a playoff position. IMO the football is almost irrelevant!

Next season we just need to stay in the division and make sure we don’t drop any further……the top priority should be getting shut of the 🤡🤡’s.

Archived