• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He wasn't that fucking good, Piergianni has a very similar CV and it isn't going to improve much at Stevenage 

One has played over 100 football league games. One zero from what i can see. Let's not overblow this lad. 92 league clubs for 15/16 seasons have not fancied him.

Saying that i reckon he'll be in the top 2 signings we make this summer.

5 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

.. we say the same every season I’m sure. 

Yep quite correct - and people start to take their eye off the ball and get all gooey and positive. There should be one aim only - get the fuckers out of the club. NOTHING else matters. 

As for Chris Porter - jeez - he's 39 years old in 6 months' time!

53 minutes ago, Clifford said:

One has played over 100 football league games. One zero from what i can see. Let's not overblow this lad. 92 league clubs for 15/16 seasons have not fancied him.

I'm not overblowing anything I replied in response to someone who claimed Pidge should be taking legal action on anyone who thinks Hogan is an upgrade, my view is there wouldn't be much between them.

3 hours ago, Clifford said:

who cares? we arent in the Football league.

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

anyway, he mustve played in the league bc l wudnt have heard of him if he hadn't.

Played 20 matches for Fleetwood in the league, for what it's worth.

I think we have a better chance next season with players who've been a success in the National League than those who've failed in the EFL.  If we can get hold of them, that is.

5 hours ago, Clifford said:

We are a NL team now, Andy. I'm not sure if he's an upgrade on Piergianni or not (I hope he is cos Piergianni was absolutely crap) but signing the captain of the reigning champions has to be a positive...

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

😳

He has a point 

We have become so shit that absolutely shit footballers are somehow seen as good 

Gregan, Stam, Hazel, even Branston shit all over He Man

He was awful, just not as awful as the other non leaguers 

10 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He has a point 

We have become so shit that absolutely shit footballers are somehow seen as good 

Gregan, Stam, Hazel, even Branston shit all over He Man

He was awful, just not as awful as the other non leaguers 

It’s all about opinions I know - and I accept that opinions on Piergianni are split.

I just find it laughable sometimes the way that some dish out the ‘he was absolutely crap’ or ‘absolutely shit footballers’ comments about a player he was practically unbeatable in the air and was named, on several occasions, in various ‘team of the week’ polls.
A player who Nigel Clough tried to sign in January and who was very quickly picked up by Stevenage.

Yes he had his limitations and was not Captain material but he was playing in a very poor team and was, in my opinion, a decent centre back at the level we were playing.

Hogan has played against us for at least Fleetwood and Salford. Fleetwood was in League One.

So, when Clifford states 'one has played zero league games as far as l can see' what he actually means is 'lm a fuckin blind bastard who tells lies online.'

47 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think we are going to end up with Porter. I know another club spoke to him and they've apparently been told he's agreed to go to Oldham...

Didn't Shez struggle at Chesterfield after putting together a "Dad's Army" team?

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You not happy with Porter then?

I remember Sheff Utd away with Latics fans singing Jose Baxter's name to high heaven whilst giving Porter absolute pelters. He did the dirty on us, I for one don't want him back. Never mind any concerns over his age. 

Archived