44 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Is anyone else struggling to get excited about the recent signings and/or speculation? It just feels like  signing Terry from down the pub, because he ‘used to play a bit’ or ‘he had trials once.’ 

Sign of the times I know, but my God it’s depressing. 

The Captian of the team who just won the league we've been relegated in too and potentially a striker with over 175 league goals under his belt.. there two decent signings IMHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, League one forever said:

Is anyone else struggling to get excited about the recent signings and/or speculation? It just feels like  signing Terry from down the pub, because he ‘used to play a bit’ or ‘he had trials once.’ 

It’s hard to take in just what these absolute 🤡🤡’s have done to this football club……..depressing is an understatement!

We’ve signed a player who Stockport County didn’t want and are reportedly  interested in signing a striker who at the start of the season will be almost 39!

What a time to be alive!!!!!!

57 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s hard to take in just what these absolute 🤡🤡’s have done to this football club……..depressing is an understatement!

We’ve signed a player who Stockport County didn’t want and are reportedly  interested in signing a striker who at the start of the season will be almost 39!

Or you could flip it and say we have signed the captain of the reigning champions of our division and are interested in a player who has a proven track record of scoring goals in the EFL...

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Who are you actually expecting us to sign then? I'm sorry to disappoint you but we are unlikely to be in for James Wilson from Vale or Matt Smith from Salford as they are on 10k a week each, some of our fans need to wake up a bit particularly as some of the ones criticising that we are not bringing in Harry Kane are not even supporting the team, given our budget is heavily restricted we are probably doing well to get a team out on to the pitch next season.

I'm hoping that we can somehow progress next season because if we don't we will probably continue to fall once the parachute payments dry up in a season or two, I still hope Shez can turn it around and somehow give us a shot at regaining our EFL status.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Who are you actually expecting us to sign then?

Read my first paragraph!

I’m just highlighting a realisation of how far we have fallen under these

🤡🤡’s and where we are in the football pyramid.

I actually couldn’t give a shite who we sign as I won’t be back in BP until the owners have fucked off!!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Read my first paragraph!

I’m just highlighting a realisation of how far we have fallen under these

🤡🤡’s and where we are in the football pyramid.

I actually couldn’t give a shite who we sign as I won’t be back in BP until the owners have fucked off!!

How can you not give a shite who we sign ? I’m not setting foot in BP till they’ve gone either. I’ll still be hoping we win tho. I’ll still be going to away matches so I want the best we can get. 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve signed a leader of that division who has also won the league twice. He has experience and is local just as shez wants.

Porter will also be an excellent signing in this division despite his age, he will still bring experience to the players around him in the dressing room. I don’t understand what more you want with our budget in this division? Get Porter over the line and we have an experienced base and a decent start to getting a squad that will fight to get back up.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

James Wilson from Vale or Matt Smith from Salford as they are on 10k a week each

Genuine question @yarddog73

How do you know that these guys are being paid this amount? I find it hard to believe that anyone in League 2 is being paid circa £520k a year 😳

* I found a website, salary sport, that shows by club what salaries their players receive - James Wilson is listed as £2,100 per week.

Matt Smith is not showing in the Salford list but his salary at Millwall is listed as £8,900 per week! 😎

The web site figures may be for last season…

On 6/3/2022 at 4:59 PM, oafc1955 said:

I don’t get this constant analysis of our potential squad. Under our present ownership we cannot possibly move forward and have absolutely zero chance of competing for a playoff position. IMO the football is almost irrelevant!

Next season we just need to stay in the division and make sure we don’t drop any further……the top priority should be getting shut of the 🤡🤡’s.

it is. but l can handle more subject than one in my head 🙄

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

wait???? what????

haven't you just had a go at us for discussing the squad?

On 6/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, League one forever said:

Yeah because our recruitment has been amazing for th last few years. To be honest this feels slightly

different and positive 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Sounds Bahamboulaesque

17 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Linked with Gime Toure, winger/striker at Carlisle. 

He's French so Mo might have a say in it?🤔

This one has originally come from a Twitter account that looks like it's ran by a teenager from their bedroom.

Some nonsense rumours on there. Claiming Vadaine Oliver, who has left Gillingham presumably to stay in League One, is on his way to Woking.

Why people feel the need to seek some sort of credibility or validation on these 'ITK' accounts is beyond me.

19 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Linked with Gime Toure, winger/striker at Carlisle. 

Archived