9 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I have the feeling that the two shits are genuinely disinterested and largely disengaged, and have been for a fair few months (more so AL). They're handing over control because they really don't give a shit anymore. Damage limitation. I hope so.

That said, did anyone watch that Welsh programme on foreign investors coming and ruining clubs like Bangor City? Overseas players brought in and moved on quickly. Dodgy betting rings and willing players behind a lot of it. So much had echoes of our last four years (I stress ECHOES).

Relegation from League 1 still smells to this day the way some went about their business the end of that season.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I have the feeling that the two shits are genuinely disinterested and largely disengaged, and have been for a fair few months (more so AL). They're handing over control because they really don't give a shit anymore. Damage limitation. I hope so.

I hope your right, which plays in to my expectation of a budget that won't see us fighting for promotion if that eventually means we can bring in a new owner it's one we will have to take on the chin just hope it doesn't drag on and on.

What sort of an idiot goes ott by claiming we're going to make two stellar signings? Steller in division five as defined by who, I wonder? I really hope I'm wrong, and we do indeed make two stellar signings, but if you have an ounce of common sense you'd not spout out what will probably be ridiculous hyperbole. We have zero expectations as it is, so it would be moronic to over promise, under deliver and reinforce all of the angry and negative thoughts and feelings we have about the person making these claims. He doesn't have a clue.......what's that? Ronaldo? Really? Yes....then we sign the fat one who was at Saturday's final, and he's only here to test the balti pies.

13 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

What sort of an idiot goes ott by claiming we're going to make two stellar signings? Steller in division five as defined by who, I wonder? I really hope I'm wrong, and we do indeed make two stellar signings, but if you have an ounce of common sense you'd not spout out what will probably be ridiculous hyperbole. We have zero expectations as it is, so it would be moronic to over promise, under deliver and reinforce all of the angry and negative thoughts and feelings we have about the person making these claims. He doesn't have a clue.......what's that? Ronaldo? Really? Yes....then we sign the fat one who was at Saturday's final, and he's only here to test the balti pies.

Sadio Mane is likely to leave Liverpool 

17 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Someone who is probably desperate for season ticket sales.

What with Barry being a copper he thinks everyone is a criminal like a man with a hammer who only sees Nails. Hence why he's tackling the desent on the terraces the way he is. That might work if you are trying to stop the criminals taking over strangeways prison or miners picketing a coal pit those people don't have a choice. People like us do have a choice if we turn up to Boundary Park on a Saturday. Whether he likes it or not he needs the fans onside for Oldham Athletic to work and he simply doesn't have that.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Sadio Mane is likely to leave Liverpool 

Bayern Munich done deal although shitpeas let Birkett know we'd made an offer, unfortunately for us Mane chose Bayern despite Shitpeas personally going to meet him.

21 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I find this article a strange one because it goes against the grain with regards to the transfer business the club normally carries out and indeed what Owen himself advocates, he is that short sighted getting the business done early will not happen because it might cost a few hundred, everybody knows it is false economy and you are forever playing catch up but I suspect many of our signing will be last minute affairs, crocks, rejects and players with issues, I'd be surprised if there is a stellar signing amongst them as i think we'll be scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I find this article a strange one because it goes against the grain with regards to the transfer business the club normally carries out and indeed what Owen himself advocates, he is that short sighted getting the business done early will not happen because it might cost a few hundred, everybody knows it is false economy and you are forever playing catch up but I suspect many of our signing will be last minute affairs, crocks, rejects and players with issues, I'd be surprised if there is a stellar signing amongst them as i think we'll be scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel. 

100% agree.

As Wrexham have proven, "stellar" signings at this level are likely to cost at least £4k a week.  Like hell are we going to be able to pay that.

Barry just doesn't know what he's talking about (quelle surprise).

A couple of ‘stellar signings’ would no doubt have prevented our relegations from League 1 & 2….but here we are in the National League!!

The man is an absolute buffoon of the highest order!!!

56 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

100% agree.

As Wrexham have proven, "stellar" signings at this level are likely to cost at least £4k a week.  Like hell are we going to be able to pay that.

Barry just doesn't know what he's talking about (quelle surprise).

Mullin and Palmer are on £10k a week.

15 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

What sort of an idiot goes ott by claiming we're going to make two stellar signings? Steller in division five as defined by who, I wonder? I really hope I'm wrong, and we do indeed make two stellar signings, but if you have an ounce of common sense you'd not spout out what will probably be ridiculous hyperbole. We have zero expectations as it is, so it would be idiotic to over promise, under deliver and reinforce all of the angry and negative thoughts and feelings we have about the person making these claims. He doesn't have a clue.......what's that? Ronaldo? Really? Yes....then we sign the fat one who was at Saturday's final, and he's only here to test the balti pies.

ftfy

Archived