4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Lots of people on this very board have said he’s not good enough. 

This lightweight thing is a myth based of enough people making lazy assumptions on a player that hasn’t had enough minutes to really decipher that. He didn’t look lightweight when he went past four Sunderland players and scored a cracking goal last season- do you remember that? 

Secondly- who on earth plays Vaughan to tackle and put himself about?? It’s nonsense. You play him to run at people, get us up the pitch and draw fouls in the opposition half.  You play him for his pace and his ability to pick a pass.

People are constantly saying what he can’t do- why don’t we concentrate on what he can do. He should be playing more. A, to improve us. And B, to increase his value. 

Anyone know Harry Vaughan’s height and weight?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he doesn't play, or hardly plays at all, we'll never know how good he is or could be. And I don't call bringing him on with 5/10/20 minutes to go "playing" him.

I find the argument over his size/weight baffling. Surely we have/can find other players to do the tackling/heavy stuff. We're not exactly blessed with skilful and pacy players. Horses for courses.

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

From the Lancashire Telegraph.

11:05am

"Have heard that Rovers are keeping an eye on Oldham Athletic youngster Harry Vaughan.

The attacking midfielder has already courted interested, with Burnley having previously had a £200,000 bid rejected last summer. Hull City and Ipswich Town are others thought to be monitoring him.

Republic of Ireland Under-19 international Vaughan held in high regard by the Latics, and tied down to a contract through to 2024, so one that would require some negotiation, and not necessarily for this window."

Burnley were never interested in Harry Vaughan that was a stunt put out  by the Lemsagams to try to create interest in him.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

When was he bullied off the ball anymore than Tollitt or Burgess then?. or given it away as much as Gardner does in a game, never seen him lose the ball in a key area or get himself sent off but you keep picking holes in the young lad who hasn't had the chances of the three I've mentioned yet is still be looked at by Championship and League 1 clubs.

This lightweight myth is just bollocks he doesn't need to be any bigger to be a better player it appears we have fans just like a manager who can't see the wood for the trees.

Ive never seen anyone bullied off the ball more than Tollitt

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

Ive never seen anyone bullied off the ball more than Tollitt

That's what I've been saying, he gets dispossessed often leaving the defence wide open. However, when his runs come off it can result in spectacular goals. Depends which way you want to look at it.

Leeds want something for McCalmont apparently and there is (was) interest elsewhere.

I think our only hope is that the deadline comes and goes and they decide to do him a favour and release him (they have resorted to playing him left back for their u21's FFS) . Even then he'll have interest from the EFL.

12 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Leeds want something for McCalmont apparently and there is (was) interest elsewhere.

I think our only hope is that the deadline comes and goes and they decide to do him a favour and release him (they have resorted to playing him left back for their u21's FFS) . Even then he'll have interest from the EFL.

Zak Emmerson has signed for Blackpool, do we get a sell on fee, if so that would come on handy?

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

We had a chance as he didn't turn up last Friday for nothing, he was here with his agent and Mrs who isn't local she's from Harrogate, he's contracted with Leeds till 2024 so I reckon a loan isn't out of the question but as a weeks gone by I'm not so confident now.

Archived