• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think we'll have to match up with Chesterfield and play a back four. Be more interesting to see if Vaughan is bumped out of the squad...

Be typical to put them both on the bench.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The only logical explanation for this one has to be an injury to either Sheron or McGahey surely...

I think this makes common sense. We've only got two CBs. Added to the fact that Clarke has been poor this season, and I can fully understand why he's brought these two in. Wellens and Mitchell could prove a very useful couple of full-backs.  

We still need pace and goals upfront. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

The wellens signing really sticks in my throat when Vaughan is sat there. 

If Wellens is rated by United he's gonna be decent.

Also less physical as a wingback than central midfield so more suited than Vaughan.  

I'm happy to give him a go and see how he does. I'd also we happy to give Harry a start, but not tomorrow.

Still wish we had signed a forward though 

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

If Wellens is rated by United he's gonna be decent.

Also less physical as a wingback than central midfield so more suited than Vaughan.  

I'm happy to give him a go and see how he does. I'd also we happy to give Harry a start, but not tomorrow.

Still wish we had signed a forward though 

He wouldn’t be coming to us London if he was highly rated by United. 

I want our young players to be given preference over loan youngsters. We can make money from our players, we can’t from loans. To me, any manager of a lower league/national league side is duty bound to give them a go (even if it’s regular minutes, rather than starting every week) if they’re good enough. Sadly to many managers (including Shez) don’t see the bigger picture, or are willing to put academy lads over their own signings. 

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I want our young players to be given preference over loan youngsters….Sadly to many managers (including Shez) don’t see the bigger picture, or are willing to put academy lads over their own signings. 

It is possible that Sheridan is bringing Vaughan along slowly because he believes it is the right approach for the lad.

And maybe the two in charge of the Academy (Youth Team Manager, Louis Dean and Head of Coaching, Craig Large) are not pushing any of the youth as they don’t believe that they are ready?

What I would like to know is if Sheridan and Wright do go and look at the Academy lads for themselves.

I remember when Latics used to only sign midfielders.
Next season, it may be only strikers.

There has to be some rationale for the signing of more defenders, I just wish there was more transparency regarding our own youth set-up and assessments. I understand the desire not to give too much away before the game tomorrow if these two are to cover injuries.

Wellens could be a good recruit, I've never heard of Okagbue.

32 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It is possible that Sheridan is bringing Vaughan along slowly because he believes it is the right approach for the lad.

Come on BD, he’s hardly had a sniff. If Shez had given him the odd start or a half then I’d agree he’s brining him through slowly. (Which is what you want) But that isn’t the case. 

The only reason I can think of, is that he doesn’t want to bring him into a struggling side- which puts a lot of pressure on him to perform. But A, If you’re good enough you’re old enough, And B, I think I’m being massively generous to Shez by suggesting that. I just think Shez wants experience.

Archived