• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Lee Johnson is the only manager whose done anything for us in more than a decade.

True, maybe because he was so organised and well prepared for every game. Everything was almost formulaic, but maybe modern players need to know exactly what they are doing. Reduces their stress.

You think of Oztumer and Hoolahan and there’s no doubt Vaughans size should not be an issue.

He’s the only player who can play on the half turn and should be played in the hole but you need a style of play to suit with defenders and midfielders actively looking to feed him the ball.

You also need strikers to thrive off through balls. Essentially we’re not setup to get the best out of Vaughan and I doubt we ever will be which is criminal

36 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

You think of Oztumer and Hoolahan and there’s no doubt Vaughans size should not be an issue.

He’s the only player who can play on the half turn and should be played in the hole but you need a style of play to suit with defenders and midfielders actively looking to feed him the ball.

You also need strikers to thrive off through balls. Essentially we’re not setup to get the best out of Vaughan and I doubt we ever will be which is criminal

Does a new man come in a build a team strategy around Vaughan? 

15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Maybe we should actually try and buy someone.....strange these days I know....

How dare you suggest Frank part with club funds boosted massively by fans. He bid 12 mill for the club and is well within his rights to use our money to pay for it. Have some respect. 

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Why!

Because he's a million times better than what we have got and Shez saw that when he took us apart in the friendly. If the new board want success they have to invest in better players or lose thousands of newly gained supporters and more than he'd cost in revenue.

Archived