4 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Luamba and Fondop as our attacking options doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. No names mentioned on Social Media this week regarding who we are linked with. I can't see a striker coming in before Saturday. Lets hope. 

Do we have any centre-halves we could play up front.... :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Luamba and Fondop as our attacking options doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. No names mentioned on Social Media this week regarding who we are linked with. I can't see a striker coming in before Saturday. Lets hope. 

Porter will play on Saturday...

9 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Porter?

As two of the interested clubs can't sign Haughton until January and no transfer window at our level we could snap him up right away. I'd even throw in ex Fylde player Tollitt and a bit of money to secure his services.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As two of the interested clubs can't sign Haughton until January and no transfer window at our level we could snap him up right away. I'd even throw in ex Fylde player Tollitt and a bit of money to secure his services.

Why not spend some of the hundreds of thousands in the clubs current account?

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Tollitt has had a similar career path to Haughton and stats are also similar especially with Fylde.(I do agree that Haughton would do better in the position Tollitt is playing though!).

9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Have you seen the ST sales, pay on the day sales, sponsorship sign ups and kits sales since we became debt free? Hundreds and hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

Perhaps just putting us on an even keel then ?

We've gone from not paying anyone and hopping from supplier to supplier to (hopefully) running a business in a correct and proper manner.

16 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Have you seen the ST sales, pay on the day sales, sponsorship sign ups and kits sales since we became debt free? Hundreds and hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

Heres a crazy thought! Perhaps that money has gone back into the business side of the club because it was needed there, more than going into the playing budget

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Perhaps just putting us on an even keel then ?

We've gone from not paying anyone and hopping from supplier to supplier to (hopefully) running a business in a correct and proper manner.

Its not really good busines though if you have shoddy goods on show.

16 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Heres a crazy thought! Perhaps that money has gone back into the business side of the club because it was needed there, more than going into the playing budget

On what? What has happened that would need say £300k? We've drawn in more than that but let's say £300k

We were debt free so owed nowt.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Re POTD sales. I don't think they've been as big as people might believe. A lot of free tickets were chucked out for the Warriors, Wealdstone and Aldershit matches...

29 minutes ago, Clifford said:

On what? What has happened that would need say £300k? We've drawn in more than that but let's say £300k

We were debt free so owed nowt.

You are the classic example for the old saying - empty vessels make the most noise.

You know absolutely nothing about the state of the club's finances yet you come on here with your inane and antagonistic posts again and again.

Almost makes one nostalgic for Magister.

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Re POTD sales. I don't think they've been as big as people might believe. A lot of free tickets were chucked out for the Warriors, Wealdstone and Aldershit matches...

Believe the POTD is higher substantially than it has been for years and years.

10 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You are the classic example for the old saying - empty vessels make the most noise.

You know absolutely nothing about the state of the club's finances yet you come on here with your inane and antagonistic posts again and again.

Almost makes one nostalgic for Magister.

Hold on old bean. Big Franko stated we were debt free a few weeks ago so we have that knowledge. No tax debts, nothing to the EFL, other clubs, suppliers etc.

The club has since then seen extraordinary sales of season tickets, kits and potd etc. There has been no substantial outlay on the playing side, nothing substantial building wise, we dont own it yet. I think it's fair to say we have relatively for a non league club a decent cash amount currently. 

To think we aren't currently cash healthy is slightly odd. If we aren't now then we really will be fucked when crowds reduce next season.

17 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Hold on old bean. Big Franko stated we were debt free a few weeks ago so we have that knowledge. No tax debts, nothing to the EFL, other clubs, suppliers etc.

The club has since then seen extraordinary sales of season tickets, kits and potd etc. There has been no substantial outlay on the playing side, nothing substantial building wise, we dont own it yet. I think it's fair to say we have relatively for a non league club a decent cash amount currently. 

To think we aren't currently cash healthy is slightly odd. If we aren't now then we really will be fucked when crowds reduce next season.

#RevenueDeniers

Archived