1 hour ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Heres a crazy thought! Perhaps that money has gone back into the business side of the club because it was needed there, more than going into the playing budget

More to point the ST money raised needs to stretch out over the course of the season so we can't just spend it in the first month. The pay on the day cash we get from 2-3 home games a month won't cover the wages and the maintenance each month.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Also the 12 mill to buy a business isn't usually a gift. Your club accounts are on -12 million and you want to eventually level that out and turn it into a profit.

Trying to turn a profit after 2 weeks is taking the piss a bit though...

Could be a bit of financial prudence, until recent utterances from Liz Truss, no one has known how high the cap on energy bills could go. That would have a knock on with every other bill the club has bar wages.

To keep some extra cash in the bank seems a safe move.

Plus with people calling for Shez's head if he does get the sack, we would have to pay him off.

20 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Also the 12 mill to buy a business isn't usually a gift. Your club accounts are on -12 million and you want to eventually level that out and turn it into a profit.

Franko's buying the ground using club funds / debt? The 12 mill will be a club liability? Jesus, has anyone told Barry?

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That's how it works at this level. Get used to it. 

We are winging it here aren't we, I'm not sure it's the norm down here at this level and I'm also worried what impact these lads are going to have given our last two signings have come in on three and four week loans respectively, you couldn't get any more short termism in my opinion, we'd be as well fielding our own youth and adding value to that. 

Honestly if Abdallah was here he'd be getting absolutely crucified and rightly so it's shit and depressing and that's from someone whose going to attend regardless, this season is a write off already and we are 7 games in.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We are winging it here aren't we, I'm not sure it's the norm down here at this level and I'm also worried what impact these lads are going to have given our last two signings have come in on three and four week loans respectively, you couldn't get any more short termism in my opinion, we'd be as well fielding our own youth and adding value to that. 

Honestly if Abdallah was here he'd be getting absolutely crucified and rightly so it's shit and depressing and that's from someone whose going to attend regardless, this season is a write off already and we are 7 games in.

I'm afraid 1 month loans are the normal in the Vauxhall Conference. Longest we can get them for is 3 months but it's usually a 1 monther and then extend if its going well...

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

EFL rules re loans are very different. 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

A stroke of genius if they are rubbish and will be extended if they are good.

Possibly a stop gap in length to see what happens with Hope's recovery as to whether we need him for longer

12 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

4 week loan. Excellent. 

One/two month loans were a very common tool used in the days of yore, before the transfer window was introduced.

Makes sense that they've made a return now we aren't subject to the same regulations.

Don't get me wrong I hope he's a roaring success but it's bloody underwhelming.

Pretty poor scoring record as a youth team striker, no experience, and will probably keep Junior out of the side.

Our own youth policy is going backwards week on week.

How do you know if our lads are good enough without giving them a chance.

Good luck to him but baffling strategy ..

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Don't get me wrong I hope he's a roaring success but it's bloody underwhelming.

Pretty poor scoring record as a youth team striker, no experience, and will probably keep Junior out of the side.

Our own youth policy is going backwards week on week.

How do you know if our lads are good enough without giving them a chance.

Good luck to him but baffling strategy ..

And someone we've been looking at for a while....bullshit.

If he wasn't good enough a week ago why is he now?

Archived