6 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Don't get me wrong I hope he's a roaring success but it's bloody underwhelming.

Pretty poor scoring record as a youth team striker, no experience, and will probably keep Junior out of the side.

Our own youth policy is going backwards week on week.

How do you know if our lads are good enough without giving them a chance.

Good luck to him but baffling strategy ..

From what I have seen of Junior this season he deserves to be out of the side.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

From what I have seen of Junior this season he deserves to be out of the side.

If he was shown a bit of encouragement and brought on for more than 10 minutes he might show some progress.

We are invariably losing whenever he enters the field of play, what sort of baptism is that for a young player learning his trade?

I would give him at least 1/2 a dozen games and tell him that beforehand!!

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

More to point the ST money raised needs to stretch out over the course of the season so we can't just spend it in the first month. The pay on the day cash we get from 2-3 home games a month won't cover the wages and the maintenance each month.

Sorry, can't take your word for it over that scab. I'm sure his knowledge and understanding is greater than yours

14 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Don't get me wrong I hope he's a roaring success but it's bloody underwhelming.

Pretty poor scoring record as a youth team striker, no experience

Burnley fan here who follows the U21s closely.

Joe's goalscoring record isn't great because he's always played in a front 2 and is the type of striker who does all the hard work and thankless tasks that allows his partner to flourish. He gets stuck in, wins flick ons, holds up the ball to bring others in. He can score goals but is more often part of the buildup for us.

Given the opportunity to be the main man I'm sure he'll want to impress and he certainly has ability.  Physically he is ready to cope with National League football too.

On 9/9/2022 at 8:17 AM, ClaretMatt87 said:

Joe's goalscoring record isn't great because he's always played in a front 2 and is the type of striker who does all the hard work and thankless tasks that allows his partner to flourish. He gets stuck in, wins flick ons, holds up the ball to bring others in. He can score goals but is more often part of the buildup for us.

Given the opportunity to be the main man I'm sure he'll want to impress and he certainly has ability.  Physically he is ready to cope with National League football too.

Thanks, we will probably play him wide with the ball hoofed to 1 up front.

On 9/9/2022 at 8:17 AM, ClaretMatt87 said:

Thanks ClaretMatt. We really need a goalscorer and a general increase in our quality and technical ability, so I hope he can do wjat you say and really have a impact 

Suggests we have more injuries in defence. McGahey looked way off the pace on his midweek return.

DR and JR will know Carragher from Wigan and he was, reportedly, a target for Everton under 23s, managed by a Mr Unsworth. Coincidence?

14 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Suggests we have more injuries in defence. McGahey looked way off the pace on his midweek return.

DR and JR will know Carragher from Wigan and he was, reportedly, a target for Everton under 23s, managed by a Mr Unsworth. Coincidence?

McGahey limped into training and Threlkeld limped out of training!

Archived