Season Tickets?

31 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Clearly things are/have improved massively in a very short space of time, and I'm positive will continue to do so over the coming few weeks.

However if the club has a backlog of queries and is behind with a few things, then a simple automated email response stating this, and that they will try and respond asap over the next 7 days would be a good idea. Just sets the expectation for some of the moaners.

Nothing worse than a none response to an email that the sender sees as important in my humble opinion.

And BP1960... if your a Latics fan why are you recommending young players to other clubs? Surely a bit of patience on your side and another week isn't going to harm anyone and may actually help Oldham in the long term??

He’s recommending players to us in the conference and then offering to the premier league. I don’t think he’s being taken very seriously by anyone don’t worry.  

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

All I ask for is as you suggested is a  automated acknowledgement the emails have been seen.

If it is an automated response, what makes you think its been seen?

Don’t worry Jorge Mendes, Im sure Shez and Joe will be in touch soon

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

As I said, no excuse for not at least acknowledging emails, rank bad customer service and needs sorting out if Frank wants the business he's banging the drum for. 

Bloody hell, give em a chance. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

We have our club back, so be happy with that. I'm sure that in 12 months time the club will be unrecognizable from the total shambles that has been the club for far to long.

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He’s recommending players to us in the conference and then offering to the premier league. I don’t think he’s being taken very seriously by anyone don’t worry.  

Well a premiership scout watched one of  my recommendations last week, he's a teenage prospect and was so impressed he's going follow him up.

Good job Leicester didn't ignore Vardy.

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Well a premiership scout watched one of  my recommendations last week, he's a teenage prospect and was so impressed he's going follow him up.

Ffs. Are you taking credit for Vardy now ? I think the whole footballing world knew about his talents already. Do you even go to watch these ‘uncut gems’ yourself ? I suspect you don’t. 

35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

That's ridiculous. Leicester paid big money for Vardy when he was a prolific striker about to become a football league player. He effectively moved up two divisions and the whole of English football knew about him. Hardly an uncut non league diamond waiting to be discovered. 

7 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

That's ridiculous. Leicester paid big money for Vardy when he was a prolific striker about to become a football league player. He effectively moved up two divisions and the whole of English football knew about him. Hardly an uncut non league diamond waiting to be discovered. 

Watch out for this lad I’ve just recommended to Chelsea from Barca. Didn’t have the best of times in England before but he’s gonna tear it up this time. Can’t name names in case the deal is hijacked. 

10 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Watch out for this lad I’ve just recommended to Chelsea from Barca. Didn’t have the best of times in England before but he’s gonna tear it up this time. Can’t name names in case the deal is hijacked. 

I'm just taking issue with Vardy being used as an example. 

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think you lot need to show a little respect and stop taking the piss!

That's a two way street and BP having a go at the club over admin issues, when the new regime have been absolutely phenomenal, is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Me too. Just before your post. Now I’m just poking fun at how ridiculous it is. 

28 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Hardly an uncut non league diamond?

That’s exactly what he was at Halifax!!

We could have signed him from Halifax but chose not to as he was considered  no better than what we already had and too expensive at £30k!!

11 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

That's a two way street and BP having a go at the club over admin issues, when the new regime have been absolutely phenomenal, is ridiculous.

I agree with you but you don’t need to disrespect the guy….he may well be old school but I’m sure he can spot potential talent when he sees it.

Cut him some slack as he’s obviously been scouting players a fair bit down the years!!

Quoted from the Oldham Times

"In the week that season tickets went back on sale, 3,700 supporters took up the 'early bird' offer, on top of the 1,600 purchased under the old regime."

surely this is a misprint, be astonished if we've sold over 5k season tickets.

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We could have signed him from Halifax but chose not to as he was considered  no better than what we already had and too expensive at £30k!!

Is that not Lee Gregory...?

"In the week that season tickets went back on sale, 3,700 supporters took up the 'early bird' offer, on top of the 1,600 purchased under the old regime.

In addition, at the time of going to press the club had sold 2,298 matchday tickets for Saturday's televised visit of Dorking Wanderers, with the 5.20pm kick-off preceded by a procession outside of the ground, along Sheepfoot Lane."

Source:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20620723.oldham-athletic-chairman-reacts-season-ticket-sales/

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I agree with you but you don’t need to disrespect the guy….he may well be old school but I’m sure he can spot potential talent when he sees it.

Cut him some slack as he’s obviously been scouting players a fair bit down the years!!

Cameron Burgess...

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

BP referred to Leicester which is what I responded to. 

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Leicester didn’t sign him from Halifax. Anyhow recommending a striker scoring shitloads in the conference is hardly scouting is it ? @BP1960ill ask again, do you even go to watch these players ? Like actually yourself ? 

40 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Think the point is everybody and anybody could have signed him from Halifax.

32 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

"In the week that season tickets went back on sale, 3,700 supporters took up the 'early bird' offer, on top of the 1,600 purchased under the old regime.

In addition, at the time of going to press the club had sold 2,298 matchday tickets for Saturday's televised visit of Dorking Wanderers, with the 5.20pm kick-off preceded by a procession outside of the ground, along Sheepfoot Lane."

Source:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20620723.oldham-athletic-chairman-reacts-season-ticket-sales/

Those numbers look on the high side.

Archived