Season Tickets?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Farkas89 said:

hopefully they realise a statement rather than letting us go down to the ticket office only to be advised that there are still no plastic cards.

They emailed me a couple of months ago when mine was ready so either they'll do that or put something on the website.

They've been pretty much on the ball with everything so far so I wouldn't panic too much.  👍

12 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

They emailed me a couple of months ago when mine was ready so either they'll do that or put something on the website.

They've been pretty much on the ball with everything so far so I wouldn't panic too much.  👍

I'm not to bothered, the season card would fit nicely in my wallet rather than carrying a paper ticket around with me, especially after a couple of beers in the fan bar!

So we are saying we shifted 2500 extra season tickets in the last week. That must be in and around £500k of extra revenue. Now that's got to last us the whole year obviously but you would hope that's going to mean an extra couple of players coming our way in the next month. 

I'd like to think we take a measured long term approach to transfers and don't spunk it all on a "present" but you would think that we should have abit more room to manouvre now.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So we are saying we shifted 2500 extra season tickets in the last week. That must be in and around £500k of extra revenue. Now that's got to last us the whole year obviously but you would hope that's going to mean an extra couple of players coming our way in the next month. 

I'd like to think we take a measured long term approach to transfers and don't spunk it all on a "present" but you would think that we should have abit more room to manouvre now.

Squad looks quite bloated, you wonder if one or two (Leutwiler, McGahey spring to mind) might need to be moved out first.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

They’d have a lot more if they actually responded to anyone’s emails about hospitality and sponsorship

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm guessing they have quite abit of a backlog of emails to get through right now.

No excuse for not acknowledging emails, particularly when there's potential revenue involved.

Had the same problem with player recommendations, no reply which is ignorant IMO.

I've now recommended them to league clubs, who responded immediately.

One of them showing interest is in the Premiership who are following him up after impressing last week.

A priority I'm sure Frank will sort out, after all he made his business through marketing and goodwill.

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Give them a break. Not going from a skeleton staff to a slick operation in less than a fortnight 

As I said, no excuse for not at least acknowledging emails, rank bad customer service and needs sorting out if Frank wants the business he's banging the drum for. 

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As I said, no excuse for not at least acknowledging emails, rank bad customer service and needs sorting out if Frank wants the business he's banging the drum for. 

For pity's sake. Four years of our club being ground into the dirt and thirteen days into the new world we've got a thread of moaning. Sometimes we deserve what we get. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

So one man in a ticket office open 10 till 4 with a phone to man a and the best part of 4000 season tickets to process and counting should be replying to all emails immediately? How is that physically possible, generally I defend you on here but you're coming across as a bit of a dick here I'm afraid, I am pretty sure the staff who are there are doing all they can and more, at times out of hours, I suspect it's not nice to read the bollocks that you and others on other platforms are posting about them but I hope they don't take the opinions of a few self absorbed fans to heart.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So one man in a ticket office open 10 till 4 with a phone to man a and the best part of 4000 season tickets to process and counting should be replying to all emails immediately? How is that physically possible

I understand there is a general expectation for prompt replies to emails @BP1960 particularly if we are guided to email as the primary channel.

On Monday I sent a mail, asking for help moving my seats.

Didn't hear back by Wednesday morning ,so I phoned, it rang out then went to the message saying office is closed Monday & Wednesday ..... phoned again, suspecting there would be somebody in.

Correct, think it was Adam who answered, he had seen my emails, was already looking at it plus loads of other queries.

Took care of my request immediately, great service. I heard another voice in the background, could be extra staff there now.

I imagine there will be big strides made with supporter engagement, with the staff also needing the right tools and resources, which won't be lost on the new management team.

Great progress already made.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

No excuse for not acknowledging emails, particularly when there's potential revenue involved.

Had the same problem with player recommendations, no reply which is ignorant IMO.

One of them showing interest is in the Premiership who are following him up after impressing last week.

A priority I'm sure Frank will sort out, after all he made his business through marketing and goodwill.

Seriously, or is this one of your ‘tongue in cheek’ attempts?

Their is a story about Napoleon not opening his mail for 3 weeks because after that most of the problems in those mails just went away in that period.

I don't respond to half the emails that get sent to me. As I try to prioritise my day. I bet they have had all kinds of people ringing them/ emailing them offering players and trying to sell them all kinds of other stuff while they get everyones season tickets sorted and prepare the opening game o  Saturday.

Can we atleast let Frank get his flat cap off before we start judging his actions.

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Some people have too much time on their hands … but at least you’re getting responses to your posts on here so you must be chuffed eh ? 

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Are you Pep by any chance?

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their is a story about Napoleon not opening his mail for 3 weeks because after that most of the problems in those mails just went away in that period.

I don't respond to half the emails that get sent to me. As I try to prioritise my day. I bet they have had all kinds of people ringing them/ emailing them offering players and trying to sell them all kinds of other stuff while they get everyones season tickets sorted and prepare the opening game o  Saturday.

Can we atleast let Frank get his flat cap off before we start judging his actions.

Clearly things are/have improved massively in a very short space of time, and I'm positive will continue to do so over the coming few weeks.

However if the club has a backlog of queries and is behind with a few things, then a simple automated email response stating this, and that they will try and respond asap over the next 7 days would be a good idea. Just sets the expectation for some of the moaners.

Nothing worse than a none response to an email that the sender sees as important in my humble opinion.

And BP1960... if your a Latics fan why are you recommending young players to other clubs? Surely a bit of patience on your side and another week isn't going to harm anyone and may actually help Oldham in the long term??

33 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Clearly things are/have improved massively in a very short space of time, and I'm positive will continue to do so over the coming few weeks.

However if the club has a backlog of queries and is behind with a few things, then a simple automated email response stating this, and that they will try and respond asap over the next 7 days would be a good idea. Just sets the expectation for some of the moaners.

Nothing worse than a none response to an email that the sender sees as important in my humble opinion.

And BP1960... if your a Latics fan why are you recommending young players to other clubs? Surely a bit of patience on your side and another week isn't going to harm anyone and may actually help Oldham in the long term??

I have already said if the club doesnt respond I have many contacts in the game, some are previous managers who have signed my recommendations in the past who have gone on to play in the top flight.

All I ask for is as you suggested is a  automated acknowledgement the emails have been seen.

Archived