MATCH: vs York City (A) 29/08/22

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GKing521 said:

Well if you can't be bothered turning up for a game like this in front of a packed away following then something is wrong. I can understand the boos. 

I don’t think it’s the players. . . . 

Loads on twitter saying the tactics and team set up is really negative- again. I’m listening, and I don’t think we’ve had a shot. 

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Why do we boo our players all the time ? Weird and needs to stop 

Because some of our fanbase are hysterical and over emotional and don't understand that we are in a process of transition.

This will mean a few more poor performances against sides that historically we should be beating. Expect more of this as the season goes on. Once we have time to put in place a strategy to turn the club around then over a period of time results will change for the better. In the short term expect many afternoons where the Urine rises in temperature. Personally I'm going to trust the process.

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Why do we boo our players all the time ? Weird and needs to stop 

You’re clearly not here then! Tactics and lack of drive is what we are not happy with. Players have had 45 mins of support from a large away following and dont seem to be able to get going! Perhaps 5 seconds of booing might just change shezs plans (if he has any plans!)

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because some of our fanbase are hysterical and over emotional and don't understand that we are in a process of transition.

This will mean a few more poor performances against sides that historically we should be doing beating. Expect more of this as the season goes on. Once we have time to put in place a strategy to turn the club around then over a period of time results will change for the better. In the short term expect many afternoons where the Urine rises in temperature. Personally I'm going to trust the process.

Some of our fanbase continue to conflate the running of the club with tactics, team selection and team shape all of which have no nothing to do with transition and everything to with a manager who is guiding piss poor performances. 

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Because some of our fanbase are hysterical and don't understand that we are in a process of transition.

This will mean a few more poor performances against sides that historically we should be doing beating. Expect more of this as the season goes on. Once we have time to put in place a strategy to turn the club around then over a period of time results will change for the better. In the short term expect many afternoons where the Urine rises in temperature. 

I agree largely, but there does seem to be real basics lacking on the pitch which if corrected could mean we're a club in recovery AND be successful this season.

I'm not there today, but it sounds a lot like Friday where we were unbelievably fortunate to beat a woeful Aldershot side.  It was such hard work because we played Fondop up front on his own, which just didn't work and we, yet again, so often fluffed simple passes and allowed the opposition space to play.  These players aren't world beaters, but I don't believe they're so bad that they can't do the most simple things.

Just now, JoeP said:

I agree largely, but there does seem to be real basics lacking on the pitch which if corrected could mean we're a club in recovery AND be successful this season.

I'm not there today, but it sounds a lot like Friday where we were unbelievably fortunate to beat a woeful Aldershot side.  It was such hard work because we played Fondop up front on his own, which just didn't work and we, yet again, so often fluffed simple passes and allowed the opposition space to play.  These players aren't world beaters, but I don't believe they're so bad that they can't do the most simple things.

Spot on Joe. 

Archived