Latics Youth updates

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

But how many of that team at QPR have made the breakthrough to the first team squad?

Simms the star of that game was unfortunately let go by the bungling Mo and  signed for Hull City.

Winning is fine, but if players are just running around without developing  skills they will struggle to make the grade.

More time needs to be spent on coaching technical ability as you see from practically any other European nation.

If they have the work ethic to go with this they could go a long way in the game IMO.

As you know BP these are under 18s and not many make first team squads at any level, never mind in the Championship. Physicality is the main reason for this imo.

Trust me I've been present at many academy training sessions over the past 12 months and from what I've seen players spend 75% of their time working on technical ability and team shape.

It's the coaches that drive the work ethic and winning mentality so hopefully our new youth coach Louis Dean will enstill this into us. Clearly the old set up was poor.

My guess is we saw who we were playing, took the game too easily, got a man sent off, and struggled from there.

And btw ...they don't just run around 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Have you watched him @BP1960? Heard before he's a proper centre forward so in the absence of Fondop (or Nuttall etc)would he fit next to Reid?

this has been our problem in the past, we need to leave him alone in the age group set up for a while unless he starts hitting silly numbers.

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Give em a break for goodness’ sake. Or put in an official……

I tell it as it is, poor communication from the club something AL was accused of. You are another who jumps on my posts, give it a rest Mr troll.

This forum unfortunately has a few like you who like to pick out well meaning posters.

If you don't like my posts just bypass them.

Edited by BP1960

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I tell it as it is, poor communication from the club something AL was accused of. You are another who jumps on my posts, give it a rest Mr troll.

This forum unfortunately has a few like you who like to pick out well meaning posters.

If you don't like my posts just bypass them.

If you've got an issue. Message the club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Give em a break for goodness’ sake. Or put in an official……

58 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If you've got an issue. Message the club

they’ve not signed his players so he has a go at everything from light bulbs to pointless youth fixtures

hes always done it 

• Like 2