Latics Youth updates

saw a tiny bit of green swirling just after 0230 thats the first lve ever seen in my 29 years. l can understand why people thought they were spirits. was a bit like Devarn Green stood near the halfway line when he sniffs a chance at the back post. 

anyway now local people think lm even weirder bc l have night time bbq's drinkin tea n bovril, but it was worth it!

too tired for Latics tho, is anybody goin?

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Maybe BP can go and let us know first hand what he thinks of a few...

Sadly, I will 

be making funeral

arrangements for my brother, but as you say it would  have been a good opportunity. 

Just arrived home, good 4-3 win from a decent Latics team.

Best player on the pitch by a mile was our 8 (Aaron Atkinson ?).

Slightly built midfielder but not shirking a tackle and constantly looked to move the ball forwards, looks a real prospect, especially when he fills out. Earned and scored the winning penalty.

Forshaw is massive and had a decent game, leading the line well. Although big he is quite mobile and turned his marker a few times and looked a constant threat. 

Both wingers looked pacey, Isaac Modi played down the left and found space but like a few others lacked a finish when cutting inside.

Captain played OK ( Frazer Cookson?) at centre half and was vocal giving a couple of bollickings when teammates loitered on the ball.

Walsall looked second best most of the game and were kept in it by our lads' poor finishing and defensive errors. Their 9 was a big lad who led their line well and they kept plugging away even after a red card. 

Overall it was a good performance and a decent end to end match and certainly a couple of players worth keeping an eye on. Jake Forshaw has the build and not inconsiderable skill to make up into a blockbusting handful of a centre forward and Aaron Atkinson* possesses all the attributes, at this stage in his career, to make a good living in league football.   

* Apologies if I've got the wrong player but it was definitely our number 8.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Slightly built midfielder but not shirking a tackle and constantly looked to move the ball forwards, looks a real prospect, especially when he fills out. Earned and scored the winning penalty.

Forshaw is massive and had a decent game, leading the line well. Although big he is quite mobile and turned his marker a few times and looked a constant threat. 

Both wingers looked pacey, Isaac Modi played down the left and found space but like a few others lacked a finish when cutting inside.

Captain played OK ( Frazer Cookson?) at centre half and was vocal giving a couple of bollickings when teammates loitered on the ball.

Walsall looked second best most of the game and were kept in it by our lads' poor finishing and defensive errors. Their 9 was a big lad who led their line well and they kept plugging away even after a red card. 

Overall it was a good performance and a decent end to end match and certainly a couple of players worth keeping an eye on. Jake Forshaw has the build and not inconsiderable skill to make up into a blockbusting handful of a centre forward and Aaron Atkinson* possesses all the attributes, at this stage in his career, to make a good living in league football.   

Thanks for the write up. Aaron Atkinson and Kofi Moore are the two youth players offered three year contracts so good to hear that Atkinson had a good game. However, I haven't read anywhere that they have signed up yet, does anyone know?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Sadly, I will 

be making funeral

arrangements for my brother, but as you say it would  have been a good opportunity. 

Sorry for your loss, BP. At times like this football can seem pretty trivial. I hope in due course good, not sad memories of your brother will remain, and that next season brings better times.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

saw a tiny bit of green swirling just after 0230 thats the first lve ever seen in my 29 years. l can understand why people thought they were spirits. was a bit like Devarn Green stood near the halfway line when he sniffs a chance at the back post. 

anyway now local people think lm even weirder bc l have night time bbq's drinkin tea n bovril, but it was worth it!

too tired for Latics tho, is anybody goin?

I may be biased, but Latics fans are quality. Not only have we supported our club through thin and thinner over more years than I care to remember, some even get up in the wee small hours to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights.

Outstanding dedication. You deserve a lie in !

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Think he used to be at United but was released possibly due to his size. Know someone whose lad played in same team and said he stood out in terms of talent.

58 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Think he used to be at United but was released possibly due to his size. Know someone whose lad played in same team and said he stood out in terms of talent.

I watched the lad playing for Chaddy park a good few years back and he always stood out even at a younger age, he was always the smallest on the pitch,but was picked up by city around the age of 10,I believe he has been offered a contract but a lot of over teams are very interested in him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I may be biased, but Latics fans are quality. Not only have we supported our club through thin and thinner over more years than I care to remember, some even get up in the wee small hours to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights.

Outstanding dedication. You deserve a lie in !

was tellin my lad about it and he goes 'Dad, dont forget l spent ten days in lceland.'

oh yeah. fuckinshowoff. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...