Latics Youth updates

42 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Hopefully not, it's about time another player came through the ranks and I wonder if Unsworth is monitoring him.

I must admit he doesn’t look like a footballer. When I watched the BPA friendly I thought he was coming in at centre back, was surprised he went upfront. He’s a built lad that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'm with @BP1960 on this. The Youth team wear the shirt, just like the full time professionals, and deserve to be reported on.

You miss the point. Nobody is saying don’t report on them , just that it might not be practicable to do so at the click of one person’s fingers. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

You miss the point. Nobody is saying don’t report on them , just that it might not be practicable to do so at the click of one person’s fingers. 

Didn't Twatter usually have a kind of 'live feed' on the youth team matches? I imagine youth team match reports will take just as long as a first team report to reach the official site. I'm not one for keeping up with their games but I miss the old reserve team games at a cold, sparsely populated BP. :D 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Didn't Twatter usually have a kind of 'live feed' on the youth team matches? I imagine youth team match reports will take just as long as a first team report to reach the official site. I'm not one for keeping up with their games but I miss the old reserve team games at a cold, sparsely populated BP. :D 

One criticism I do have of the club is they now prioritise Twitter and sometimes don’t post to the website at all - the recent pitch inspection being an example

not everyone is on that toxic platform 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Forshaw looks a handful at this level.

Hopefully we'll be in a position to allow him to have a first team try-out later this season.

Looks just the sort of young centre forward we've failed to produce recently, if at all.

Been told that Aaron Atkinson is a top prospect so again would be good to try out if we can.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Forshaw looks a handful at this level.

Hopefully we'll be in a position to allow him to have a first team try-out later this season.

Looks just the sort of young centre forward we've failed to produce recently, if at all.

Avro took him on loan and said he wasn't ready for senior football yet, think he only played two games for them. Interesting to see how he develops...

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Fair enough, but if I'm not mistaken I think @BP1960also made the point that the fixture wasn't published on the official website in advance.

Yes that's also fair comment as I might watch the odd youth game(or the B team). Hopefully comms on things like this also improve alongside results 🤞.