MATCH: vs Chesterfield (H) 03/09/22

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no after timer so will put it out there now, if we haven't got a couple of new signing lined up for tomorrow and I mean players better than we have then they'll rip us a new arse hole, we'll be hopelessly exposed at the back by Tshimanga and Banks will have the freedom of BP, only silver lining is they don't have Tommy Lee still on the books but saying that they'd probably get away with playing Tommy Cannon given our strike force. 

Be piss boil central on here tomorrow night when we realise just how far off we are from being competitive, we've been outplayed since pre season and this is the first proper team we've faced, I predict 3 or 4 nil away win.

So much going on tomorrow - Sheridan having managed both clubs, Banks out for revenge and hopefully a big away following. I think Chesterfield's experience and comparatively settled squad should edge this one but, it's football and our team may just show up.

Latics start to the season has been a bit underwhelming but results have been ok. 

Not really gelled as yet but encouraging signs from two loanees in last two games and Hope hitting target. 

Think Chesterfield have only won once in the league at Latics and in the Johnson's Paint trophy so no history of success at the home of British football for the Spireites

2-1 Latics - good things come to those who wait 

hi , chesterfield fan in peace here.  i live in new moston (for my sins) and work in oldham so have followed the latics results over the years.  Our paths have been quite similiar lateley,  both dropping to non league with awful owners. We seem to be on the up lately so hope oldham can do the same although this league is a nightmare to get out of!   Hope for a good game tomorrow, we have a couple of injuries upfront and thishmanga may not start after the antics with his proposed transfer to birmingham breaking down last night.  i predict a 1-1 draw or narrow victory for us .  good luck for rest of season (apart from tomorrow obviously!)

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Another one of those dinosaur managers who doesn't do his homework properly?!

He’s hardly going to turn around and say “Oldham are shit and it’ll be an easy 3 points for us” is he? It’s a typical media response which 99% of managers spout week in week out. 

8 minutes ago, daniel said:

He’s hardly going to turn around and say “Oldham are shit and it’ll be an easy 3 points for us” is he? It’s a typical media response which 99% of managers spout week in week out. 

Was just a joke based on the stuff going round about Shez not doing homework on opposition etc.

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You mean the ones from players who've played under him?

You've increasingly become anti Shez to the point you seem to post about little else. Can I ask at what point in time did you not want him at our club?

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

You've increasingly become anti Shez to the point you seem to post about little else. Can I ask at what point in time did you not want him at our club?

I'm not anti Shez but I'll take what ex players are saying about him to reaffirm my thought that he's not the man to take us forward, not sure I'm in the Shez out corner he can stay as long as he likes.

But if we want to look for reasons why we look tactically inept and this stuff comes to light then I can understand why some within the club and fanbase want someone who can take the club forward.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How long were you pro Barry when you posted about little else?

I can't stand you...I really can't. So let's start off the right foot. I've no idea who you are, but I know the type you are. 

One post penned by you tells me all I need to know. 

Archived