MATCH: vs Chesterfield (H) 03/09/22

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not anti Shez but I'll take what ex players are saying about him to reaffirm my thought that he's not the man to take us forward, not sure I'm in the Shez out corner he can stay as long as he likes.

But if we want to look for reasons why we look tactically inept and this stuff comes to light then I can understand why some within the club and fanbase want someone who can take the club forward.

I'd be interested if you could point me to this stuff where ex players have stated this. I've not seen it.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Lags said:

You've increasingly become anti Shez to the point you seem to post about little else. Can I ask at what point in time did you not want him at our club?

You can think that Sheridan isn't the right manager for us whilst still having a lot of love for him. See Joe Royle in 2009. He should never have have been kept on at the end of last season...

17 minutes ago, Lags said:

I'd be interested if you could point me to this stuff where ex players have stated this. I've not seen it.

It's out there if you listen to podcasts, let's not forget this all came about when Shez described himself as a dinosaur, I'm just agreeing with his self assessment. 

24 minutes ago, Lags said:

The Latics phone in this week. (The links are on Twitter) This week they had a guy on from chesterfield who has a pod that interviews ex chesterfield players. Quite a few have played under Shez and were less than complimentary. 

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's out there if you listen to podcasts, let's not forget this all came about when Shez described himself as a dinosaur, I'm just agreeing with his self assessment. 

I'm 77yo, but believe in assessing the opposition, tactical awareness and players being thoroughly prepared for matches.

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm 77yo, but believe in assessing the opposition, tactical awareness and players being thoroughly prepared for matches.

Always like your posts BP, tomorrow is a massive game. I have this overwhelming feeling that we will get beat…

54 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The Latics phone in this week. (The links are on Twitter) This week they had a guy on from chesterfield who has a pod that interviews ex chesterfield players. Quite a few have played under Shez and were less than complimentary. 

I don't think it would have been much better under Evatt and Cook is a fiery character as well 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

From memory on Undr The Cosh, we have had Crossley, Windass, Carl Dickinson and Anthony Gerrard who all said he does no work on opposition...

Chesterfield will win tomorrow. There is no doubt about that. We struggled to get over the line against a side that are already relegated in Aldershot and the players couldn't be arsed to turn up in York for 60 minutes. The question is, how many goals will they score? Only conceding two would be a positive in my eyes. You can sense Shez feels this way as well as he's just signed our 78th defender.

Fuck sake.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not anti Shez but I'll take what ex players are saying about him to reaffirm my thought that he's not the man to take us forward, not sure I'm in the Shez out corner he can stay as long as he likes.

But if we want to look for reasons why we look tactically inept and this stuff comes to light then I can understand why some within the club and fanbase want someone who can take the club forward.

This is probably the most fair and balanced post about Shez on here in recent times.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

One or two ex players I’ve also heard many on pod casts praise him. 

For all it went tits up, can you remember the instant change in style of play when Wellens took over?

We’re currently playing the way we are because of Shez’s tactics or lack of them.

The general consensus would be that Wealdstones players aren’t as good as ours man for man, so the fact their young management team can get them playing in the manner they are along with the initial example shows that things can change quickly when the guillotine is finally dropped.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Do you think we’re playing well? 

Sheridan said they looked "lethargic" so maybe they are tired of his tactics. Seriously, if a team is not invested in the way a manager is asking them to play, they will not play to their self- perceived strengths. Could a lack of belief equal a lack of commitment?

17 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Sheridan said they looked "lethargic" so maybe they are tired of his tactics. Seriously, if a team is not invested in the way a manager is asking them to play, they will not play to their self- perceived strengths. Could a lack of belief equal a lack of commitment?

There's still a decent number who came down with us last season. No player will think it's their fault they've got relegated. Obviously it's easy to blame the off-field issues. But there will probably also be a belief that with a better manager we'd have stayed up. There was a serious collapse at the end of last season (in terms of effort and commitment) and every time results go against us now, those doubts in the players minds will continue to grow.

43 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

For all it went tits up, can you remember the instant change in style of play when Wellens took over?

We’re currently playing the way we are because of Shez’s tactics or lack of them.

The general consensus would be that Wealdstones players aren’t as good as ours man for man, so the fact their young management team can get them playing in the manner they are along with the initial example shows that things can change quickly when the guillotine is finally dropped.

He got them “playing” after shez brought in Doyle, Bryan and Byrne. Results were on the up and then we lost heavily can’t remember who against and he was gone. It picked up and then wellens signed a load of dross and we went backwards.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Do you think we’re playing well? 

I think we’re improving and the squad is still evolving. We will start to kick on in a few games. In fact I may as go as far to say, tomorrow will be the launch pad. I think we will win tomorrow.

51 minutes ago, Wardie said:

100% 

Said the same myself. 

Archived