MATCH: vs Chesterfield (H) 03/09/22

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Who we keeping then? For me;

Norman

Hogan

Sheron

Gardner

Hope

Rest of them have issues, I'm not averse for filling out the rest of the squad with loanees or kids and could make allowances for that but the rest are just not good enough, Roberts, Wellens and Okagbue have proved the point that those players brought in by Shez/Wright have been poor. How can a lad whose making his debut for us having only turned out in U23 football be one of our better players and improve us instantly, same goes for when Roberts made his debut.

They’re some solid players with character. 

Hogan

Sheron

Gardner 

Hope

Them four are a good spine. 

They’re some players who need an arm round the shoulder to get the best out of them. 

Tolitt

Vaughan

Burgess 

Clarke

Luamba 

Then add in Roberts and the centre half yesterday and Maynard and Porter to come back from Injury and you can put a side out that should be more than capable of competing with the right guidance. The trouble we have at the minute is that the arm round the shoulder types are the first to shrink under pressure. This was clearly evident yesterday when the only ones showing for the ball or organising were Sheron, Hope and Gardner. The rest looked frightened/went into their shells. That’s because they’re getting no guidance or bollocking. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm unsure why so many are so surprised at this dreadful start. I said at the start of the season that this squad is nowhere NEAR good enough to even try and breach the top half of this truly dreadful league.

Relegation is well and truly on the cards and I'm finding it hard to be bothered about it.

9 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

I'm unsure why so many are so surprised at this dreadful start. I said at the start of the season that this squad is nowhere NEAR good enough to even try and breach the top half of this truly dreadful league.

Relegation is well and truly on the cards and I'm finding it hard to be bothered about it.

And thats what bothered me about yesterday i walked out of the ground at full time and it just didnt hurt was more just meh ! 

23 hours ago, kowenicki said:

You been drinking?  It could and should have been 5 or 6. They were light years ahead of us, tactically, physically and mentally. 

You’ve got to remember he’s had BO in his ear downplaying everything for a long time. He now sees things as ‘ a little negativity is a dangerous thing’

28 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Can't mention BO. Doesn't like it

Zero to do with BO. You crossed the line, that will never change. Let's leave it at this, only you made a mistake, the likes of the clown you've just replied to amuses me.

39 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You’ve got to remember he’s had BO in his ear downplaying everything for a long time. He now sees things as ‘ a little negativity is a dangerous thing’

38 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Can't mention BO. Doesn't like it

Sometimes it's good to let bygones be bygones, Lags has rejoined the forum lately and given fairly reasoned opinions 

Let's not bash him constantly with Barry hey? 

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Sometimes it's good to let bygones be bygones, Lags has rejoined the forum lately and given fairly reasoned opinions 

Exactly, some people need to move on. 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I appreciate the sentiments, it's water off a ducks back, I'll stand by what I've always said (remember it was 3 plus years ago, so what transpired in the meantime is mute). 

The fact the few posters constantly mention BO is purely they've nothing to contribute other than their own hates hoping to garner support. It's weak and poor as piss.

Now, debate the issues, agree or disagree that's fine with me.

29 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Tollit at fault more than anyone for that second goal after watching those highlights. Stood watching a man run past him into the box and slot it home unchallenged 

I thought that. It was absolutely pathetic from him. And Norman should be fined two weeks wages...

33 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Tollit at fault more than anyone for that second goal after watching those highlights. Stood watching a man run past him into the box and slot it home unchallenged 

Luxury player in my view who will always score the odd worldy but won't put the work in off the ball.

14 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Feel sorry for Norman. He has ten players in front of him taking worse touches ten times a game ha

It's a bit ironic that our outfield players adopt a safety first approach when passing the ball yet our goalie gets caught out trying to play football*.

* It was really just a crap first touch.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived