MATCH: vs Chesterfield (H) 03/09/22

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't blame the two new lads, they must wonder what the fuck they've let themselves in for, to be fair the unit playing centre half looks decent enough and Wellens provides some quality but the likes of Clarke and Tollitt are fucking dreadful. Keeper at fault for the first as well, didn't even see it but not what was needed.

Apart from 20 minutes we were very poor. Another team much better than us. I’m coming around to thinking we’re going to struggle this season again looking over our shoulders at the relegation places

i know it sounds doom and gloom but in Chesterfield I am seeing yet another team full of better quality players than our own. 

Ollie Banks has had a lovely afternoon stroking the ball around the centre of Boundary Park without anyone getting near him.

I've watched 2.5 games now and I feel that we are an easy team to play against we don't seem to put teams under pressure when in possession we don't sprint to the ball and we don't press as a unit. I wonder how much running we do compared to other teams I doubt we out run anyone. 

They're is alot wrong with this team but a starting point is how hard we work when not in possession because that should be a given as its a fundamental and we don't do it.

27 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Gardner off injured, what a feckin shit show we are once again

Like that makes a difference… he’s been awful. Wandering around aimlessly giving Banks the freedom of the pitch.  Obligatory injury that comes along a few times a season. 

Feels like another Wealdstone start.

Played better after but now always chasing the game and a quick counter could make ot 3.Need a goal soon in the second half otherwise we are lost.

Yet another team with ideas and skill and good passing.

Oh well if not then hope I see better at Boreham Wood.

4 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Apart from 20 minutes we were very poor. Another team much better than us. I’m coming around to thinking we’re going to struggle this season again looking over our shoulders at the relegation places

i know it sounds doom and gloom but in Chesterfield I am seeing yet another team full of better quality players than our own. 

…and a plan, tactics. 

2 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Feels like another Wealdstone start.

Played better after but now always chasing the game and a quick counter could make ot 3.Need a goal soon in the second half otherwise we are lost.

Yet another team with ideas and skill and good passing.

Oh well if not then hope I see better at Boreham Wood.

I love your optimism. It may happen if Sheridan is gone and the players do their own research, tactics and line-up. :D 

4 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Against Wealdstone it was crying out for the manager to make changes in the first half shez was like a rabbit in the headlights, question is would a progressive manager get a different tune out of these players?

Yes, if he could organise us into basic formations.

6 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Against Wealdstone it was crying out for the manager to make changes in the first half shez was like a rabbit in the headlights, question is would a progressive manager get a different tune out of these players?

I would say if a team knows what they are coming up against, organised into a structure and get support from the touchline, then yes.

They were organised and knew what they were doing. We didn't have a clue what we were doing, AGAIN. . Why does everything we do look so unorthodox? Why is nobody talking? Why is nobody motivating players around them? Chesterfield, like other teams, pinged it around, had little interchanges in centre midfield, played one two's, and created chances. We honestly look mesmerised when the other team are pinging it around. Like rabbits caught in headlights. Work rate not good enough. Dreadful. 

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Anyone care to explain or defend the substitution of Wellens. 

Moronic decision. 

I honestly have no idea what Shez sees at matches. He was the only bit of quality we had in midfield today. Was getting into good positions on the wing, a few decent balls into the box and Chesterfield were clearly cautious of him. So our supreme leader takes him off! Why? 

22 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

I honestly have no idea what Shez sees at matches. He was the only bit of quality we had in midfield today. Was getting into good positions on the wing, a few decent balls into the box and Chesterfield were clearly cautious of him. So our supreme leader takes him off! Why? 

Totally agree —the two newest lads did well.

How are those 2 mistakes for the goals anything to do with Sheridan?

Chesterfield are top of the league but not light years ahead of us. Prior to the take over no one I heard said the side assembled would get promoted. I thought the 2 lads that came in both did well and after the goals we were the better side. Yet, the nub is, no cigar.

1 minute ago, Lags said:

How are those 2 mistakes for the goals anything to do with Sheridan?

Chesterfield are top of the league but not light years ahead of us. Prior to the take over no one I heard said the side assembled would get promoted. I thought the 2 lads that came in both did well and after the goals we were the better side. Yet, the nub is, no cigar.

You been drinking?  It could and should have been 5 or 6. They were light years ahead of us, tactically, physically and mentally. 

Archived