Unsworth Confirmed

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Couldn't be simpler. Irony isn't lost on me that you defended a manager who lost most weeks last season...

Short and forgetful memory. . 

As per, you re-write history to suit your narrative. Just as you did the other day, when you couldn’t differentiate between the ownership of ALMO and Corney; and I had to correct you then as well. 

I’ll talk you through it. 

On Curle’s appointment I said, he was only the manager AL has appointed with any pedigree of winning promotion from league two. - Which he was. You didn’t like him from the start. (Which was bizarre given your warped assumption we should walk any league we’re in) Curle assured us when he took the job they wouldn’t interfere. He initially did ok, without being amazing. (We had plenty of back of forth at the time, about his wins and losses) Then he held back on the renewal of his contract, and it looked like he was using that to get further assurances on players.  He signed his deal, ALMO reverted to type, and we didn’t sign a single striker - from then on I lost any lingering interest in judging a manger under them. 

Managers employed to win football matches.

Couldn’t be simpler- Under good ownership.

Not worth debating- Under the worst owners in our history.  

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

As per, you re-write history to suit your narrative. Just as you did the other day, when you couldn’t differentiate between the ownership of ALMO and Corney; and I had to correct you then as well. 

On Curle’s appointment I said, he was only the manager AL has appointed with any pedigree of winning promotion from league two. - Which he was. You didn’t like him from the start. (Which was bizarre given your warped assumption we should walk any league we’re in) Curle assured us when he took the job they wouldn’t interfere. He initially did ok, without being amazing. (We had plenty of back of forth at the time, about his wins and losses) Then he held back on the renewal of his contract, and it looked like he was using that to get further assurances on players.  He signed his deal, ALMO reverted to type, and we didn’t sign a single striker - from then on I lost any lingering interest in judging a manger under them. 

A difficult concept to grasp for some of the football experts that lurk the internet.

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

I see you conveniently missed that we signed Jacob Blyth...

38 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I see what you did there. The question is, who will be our star man? We’re already under pressure.

I think we may need changes and revert to a midfield diamond, dogs of War style, as we are  absolute beginners in this league.

We need some new heroes if we are to get back to our golden years .

38 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Very pleased to hear on BBC Radio Manc he has outlined his intentions of getting promoted THIS season. He's also told the squad this.

Consolidation lads might have something to say about that though you'd imagine...

So you think this squad is good enough now? I'm confused.....

34 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

I'm just happy to see some sort of intention to get promoted. Board need to back him up now to make it doable.

So you don't think that was Shez' intention then and what every Oldham fan wants?.

I'm just shocked that some think we are suddenly going to be able to give the front runners a 10 point start and still go up, unless Unsworth is allowed to bring in half a dozen and ship the same out I can't see where the new found optimism is coming from.

When he loses a couple you'll be wanting rid anyway. 

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So you don't think that was Shez' intention then and what every Oldham fan wants?.

I'm just shocked that some think we are suddenly going to be able to give the front runners a 10 point start and still go up, unless Unsworth is allowed to bring in half a dozen and ship the same out I can't see where the new found optimism is coming from.

We won’t be anywhere near front runners.

However with the right formation, and some tactical awareness, there’s enough in the current squad to be top half. Once one or two loans end, he’ll then have a bit of scope to add a couple. If he’s good at his job and gets us going, a late push for layoffs isn’t beyond the realms of possibility. 

52 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

This squad can make the playoffs, Si. We aren't great by a long stretch but this division is absolutely abysmal and there's no reason at all why we can't sneak into the top 7 with the right organisation from the coaching staff.

They've got rid of Sheridan with enough time left to salvage this season...

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

This squad can make the playoffs, Si. We aren't great by a long stretch but this division is absolutely abysmal and there's no reason at all why we can't sneak into the top 7 with the right organisation from the coaching staff.

They've got rid of Sheridan with enough time left to salvage this season...

5 pts off Bromley in the Playoffs....3 points off Halifax in the relegation zone.....just the 37 games to go :)

Archived