Unsworth Confirmed

37 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because most teams seem to find form when a new manager it's not just us it seems to happen throughout football.

The manager can make the right tactical decisions say the right things in the dressing room but it's upto the players to perform on the pitch.

It's the same in any walk of life, your manager can help you support you, but it's upto me/you to do our jobs properly if we don't we get reprimanded or worse.

While I agree with what you say to an extent, my point is that, if they can perform better as a team and win games then they have the capability. Whether that is “new manager bounce “ or whatever. 

if the whole team miss perform, that has to be on a manager. When you refer to a single player being responsible for his performance, that is different.

Even at work, a good manager will intervene if the performance remains poor, surely.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this moment we are more or less saddled with a squad of largely poor players. All we can hope for is that Unsworth & Co can get an extra 10/20% more effort out of each player and with improved coaching and tactical nous can get a motivated ‘team’ out on the pitch giving 7/8 out of 10 every game.

I’m sure there will be one or two player departures and maybe a couple incoming. Two or three wins will have us up and around the playoffs and there’s 80% of the season left so plenty of time. 
There is no reason to write the season off at this stage!!

Unsworth has already said the new training regime will involve morning and afternoon sessions. He added, some may find this a culture shock.  This suggests he wants a higher level of fitness with an increased awareness of what he wants the style to be. 

I hope he really meant that any player who doesn't buy into the style or doesn't want to be part of the club can leave. 

43 minutes ago, Lags said:

Unsworth has already said the new training regime will involve morning and afternoon sessions. He added, some may find this a culture shock.  This suggests he wants a higher level of fitness with an increased awareness of what he wants the style to be. 

I hope he really meant that any player who doesn't buy into the style or doesn't want to be part of the club can leave. 

be both l reckon. the younger lot should be used to it and it will be farrrr beneficial for them.

l'm proper buzzin w the B team bit and how enthused he is for the whole blank canvas.

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

That’s a fairer assessment. 

I think we will improve and he’ll have us 10th -12th in January, and the board will back him- 100% 

With a fair wind we could have a sniff, and even if we just missed out. I’d still accept a top ten finish- to push on next year. 

We'd have been around there with Shez. 

1 hour ago, Lags said:

it’s incredible how little these so called professional athletes do for their money

12 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

it’s incredible how little these so called professional athletes do for their money

agree. Not saying shez methods would t have delivered but surprised with performances so poor that double sessions weren’t in play already to try and push this lot to perform better collectively. Anyway time will tell if that is the best option for this lot 

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:
28 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Key questions are who do they play against and will it be competitive? 

Too late for this season, but ideal for next, some good clubs in it and non league Wrexham recently joined. They also run a cup competition.

We could also enter the Lancashire and Manchester Senior cups again.

Until then I'm sure some friendlies can be played. 

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/central-league/20222023/regular-season/r68936/tables/

Francis Jeffers confirmed as coach  anyone know what’s happening with ebbrell  thought he was coming as assistant manager.

I had to check the photo of unsworth and Jeffers together  on the training pitch  I kept thinking it was laurel and hardy 

6 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Francis Jeffers confirmed as coach  anyone know what’s happening with ebbrell  thought he was coming as assistant manager.

I had to check the photo of unsworth and Jeffers together  on the training pitch  I kept thinking it was laurel and hardy 

Everton want money for him apparently...

12 hours ago, Handsy said:

You gave it to him and he gave it to you.

You're all nuts.

Archived