Unsworth Confirmed

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to contact David Unsworth about a very exciting young player I've seen in non league, who I understand was once a youth at Everton. If anyone has details of how to contact  him please send me a direct message.

15 minutes ago, PeteG said:

And you said I know nothing and talk complete bollox. Nice to see they were discussing Shez's job openly while the man was still it situ!

image.png

Are you saying it’s a bad thing that the club board had a plan incase Shez didn’t work out? Everyone I knew said he wouldn’t last, having to build his own team something he’s never managed to do here before. And I assume the board also had there doubts and he wasn’t their man anyway as he was only brought back because your mate thought it would sell tickets. Oh and because he offered to work for nowt. 

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I need to contact David Unsworth about a very exciting young player I've seen in non league, who I understand was once a youth at Everton. If anyone has details of how to contact  him please send me a direct message.

🙄

25 minutes ago, nava said:

Are you saying it’s a bad thing that the club board had a plan incase Shez didn’t work out? Everyone I knew said he wouldn’t last, having to build his own team something he’s never managed to do here before. And I assume the board also had there doubts and he wasn’t their man anyway as he was only brought back because your mate thought it would sell tickets. Oh and because he offered to work for nowt. 

No it's just the hypocrisy dished out over the weekend when everyone knew they were discussing his position from day 1. You telling me those rumours didn't make their way to the dressing room and affect morale and results? If they wanted their own man from Day 1 they should have done it straight away.

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why the sarcastic emoji?

If managers spent all their time following up recommendations from fans who've spotted " a gem" they'd do nothing else except waste time watching everyone's "little darlings" in some amateur game somewhere. Leave the managers to manage - that's what they are paid for. I think that's what the emoji was probably about BP - just be a supporter and let the club get on with things for a while without any interference on the playing front - no matter how well intended.

45 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

We need to give him time. These aren't his players and he has a bit of a mess to sort out. Yeah, we won at the weekend. However, we can all see that this team is rather weak and vulnerable. Welcome to the club David. 👏🏻💙🦉

Everyone will agree to this now. Give it ten games and if there's not much or no improvement in results and performances then it'll be a different story.

If he's been given a three year deal then he should get three years. The absolute bare minimum he should get is the rest of this season and ALL of next.

We'll see what happens.

23 minutes ago, PeteG said:

No it's just the hypocrisy dished out over the weekend when everyone knew they were discussing his position from day 1. You telling me those rumours didn't make their way to the dressing room and affect morale and results? If they wanted their own man from Day 1 they should have done it straight away.

Gonna put my tin hat on but Mike has a point...

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

If managers spent all their time following up recommendations from fans who've spotted " a gem" they'd do nothing else except waste time watching everyone's "little darlings" in some amateur game somewhere. Leave the managers to manage - that's what they are paid for. I think that's what the emoji was probably about BP - just be a supporter and let the club get on with things for a while without any interference on the playing front - no matter how well intended.

Disagree. BP has professional credentials in this field. I think its fantastic that you @BP1960 are willing to take the time to make contact.

Just now, trickyrickyholden said:

Disagree. BP has professional credentials in this field. I think its fantastic that you @BP1960 are willing to take the time to make contact.

No objections to discerning ex-scouts/supporters contacting the club regarding potential talent, just do it but don't tell everyone on here.

Surely an "old fashioned" letter or note addressed to the manager would get to him eventually, especially if your credentials are good.

14 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Everyone will agree to this now. Give it ten games and if there's not much or no improvement in results and performances then it'll be a different story.

If he's been given a three year deal then he should get three years. The absolute bare minimum he should get is the rest of this season and ALL of next.

We'll see what happens.

Time has to be earned surely. If Uno loses 8/9/10 games on the spin then he'll be under pressure and rightly so.

4 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

"Every detail, every stone must be left unturned and you must go into every game with the detail that is required"

Should be a welcome change

It's almost as if you want to be in a position to say you were right no matter what happens:

image.png

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Time has to be earned surely. If Uno loses 8/9/10 games on the spin then he'll be under pressure and rightly so.

The problem is that too many seem to think that if a club are on a bad run, then that run will continue until the manager is sacked. Nobody gets the chance to turn things round. Just because a club is, say 18th after X games, it doesn't mean that they'll finish 18th or worse. The season is 46 games long and the only table that matters is the one at the end of it.

5 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

The problem is that too many seem to think that if a club are on a bad run, then that run will continue until the manager is sacked. Nobody gets the chance to turn things round. Just because a club is, say 18th after X games, it doesn't mean that they'll finish 18th or worse. The season is 46 games long and the only table that matters is the one at the end of it.

Just the modern way. With many players on short contracts in the lower levels and a plethora of available coaches and managers you don't need to give them time. A three year contract gives the impression of stability though I guess.

Archived