Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Leutwiler, J. Clarke, McGahey, Maynard, Francis-Angol, Windass (out on loan), Stobbs, Burgess, Porter, Hope, Luamba, Da Silva

How many of this lot will be with us come August?

I'll stick my neck out and say..none. 

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Leutwiler, J. Clarke, McGahey, Maynard, Francis-Angol, Windass (out on loan), Stobbs, Burgess, Porter, Hope, Luamba, Da Silva

Agree, but I'd add Gardner because of his injuries. 

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I think Unsy intimated that MaGahey had another year, (probably due to his contract error/dispute) so he’ll be a hefty pay off. 

Burgess and Gardner are on two year contracts so they'll be on the books next season unless they move on, or they're paid up.

It was a Suzanne Geldard article, possibly an interview with Unsworth, that strongly suggested McGahey was under contract for 23/24. If that's the case with him might also be the case with Leutwiler and Jordan Clarke, although not necessarily.

22 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Burgess and Gardner are on two year contracts so they'll be on the books next season unless they move on, or they're paid up.

It was a Suzanne Geldard article, possibly an interview with Unsworth, that strongly suggested McGahey was under contract for 23/24. If that's the case with him might also be the case with Leutwiler and Jordan Clarke, although not necessarily.

IIRC the only two we had registration issues with were Leutwiler and McGahey.

And while we’re all in the mood for giving a bit more credit to Unsworth and his staff - even with the signing of Green, he did his homework and had him on trail for a few weeks and watched him in a friendly. Checking out his character and fitness before risking even a short term contract.  I thought it was odd signing a seemingly average player from the league below but Rhino did things properly and currently looks like a good addition to the squad.

I’ve been impressed with him so far. Similarly with Yarney, both of whom I thought were strange signings at the time.

On the flip side I’ve not seen much in Nuttall given we chased him for a while and paid good money for him. Same with Shelton, who I was expecting a lot more from given how highly regarded he was at Hartlepool. Hopefully there’s a lot more to come from those two though.

Archived