Signing & Player Rumours

On 4/27/2023 at 5:29 PM, Littlemoor Lad said:

He's been scoring for fun,

Some league 1 or 2 club will no doubts already be thinking about prising him away

He destroyed us in a pre season friendly so we should have signed him after that or as soon as Frank took over.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:41 PM, b0ndl1ne said:

We’ll have a chance of League 1 benchwarmers, hence the Jonny Smith suggestion. 

You’d expect him to end up in League 2 next season so if that’s the case why not us, especially if Notts County go up in the playoffs and players realise they can get well paid and play for a big club. 

Probably on 2.5k per week plus

19 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Green has certainly done enough in the last 3-4 months (however long he's been here) to earn a contract. Bas seems to be improving I'm ok with that forward quartet of Reid Nuttall Fondop and Sambou" Chapman I'm so so on but he's shown a few bright moments chipped in with a couple of goals plus he at an age to get better I wouldn't expect him to be a starter though so I'm ok with him being a squad player.

That leaves us 5 players if atleast 4 are definite starters obviously centre mid and Right back are 2 priorities then that should be enough for a genuine promotion assault. 

That apart from Chapman .95% agree in the recent poll.

Edited by Flemboy

lm fine with Chapman as a squad player based on his debut, a couple of assists l saw live but cant remember where or when, his work rate since l  started literally mentally evaluating individual performance under a team dynamic after notts county away and left footed. plus at least two goals (he may have more but its part of our 'bottoming out' and its already ancient history).

squad player on a lowish but respectful deal? yep, get him in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Probably on 2.5k per week plus

Plenty of ours on similar (the 2k ish mark) few rumoured to be on more. Be surprised if we’re not offering 2-4k a week for the apparent quality players we want this summer (based on the clubs comments and not including Green Chapman and Sambou). 

18 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Plenty of ours on similar (the 2k ish mark) few rumoured to be on more. Be surprised if we’re not offering 2-4k a week for the apparent quality players we want this summer (based on the clubs comments and not including Green Chapman and Sambou). 

lm expecting it as a given for every signing we make this summer that hasnt already appeared for us under Rhino.

1 hour ago, redlion said:

I was in the pub last night and heard a whisper that we've landed Messi. Turns out the deal clincher was the "all you can eat" tapas deal at La Salsa in Heyside/Royton.

Then he read the rules of eating in that place and pulled out of the deal...

Regan Booty’s name has been linked with us regularly over the last few weeks…..I’d never heard of him until recently, what position does he play and can all the excitement regarding the possibility of him signing justified?

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Regan Booty’s name has been linked with us regularly over the last few weeks…..I’d never heard of him until recently, what position does he play and can all the excitement regarding the possibility of him signing justified?

Midfielder who played in the England C v Wales match that Nuttall played in.

6 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If you haven't found it by now I'd give up looking if I were you !  😉

Naaa, you are getting confused with the button/the imaginary zone/ the scarlet pimple/ the bright elusive sh-ad-ho or false number 9 as it is now known

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 1:48 PM, oafc1955 said:

He was up watching his mates play at Delph Cricket Club last weekend. I've made enquiries to let us know if/when he signs. 😉

• Thanks 1

Recommended we check out a young goalkeeper called Zac Jones of Haverford West, my first impressions are he has very quick reflexes and assured on crosses.

Worth following up IMO.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Recommended we check out a young goalkeeper called Zac Jones of Haverford West, my first impressions are he has very quick reflexes and assured on crosses.

Worth following up IMO.

Do we need a keeper?