Signing & Player Rumours

Pay Yarney what he's due, he's been immense for us and deserves every penny, no injuries, no ego, just does his job superbly....get Green signed up as well, always a threat.....as for any new players, there's a huge pool out there and we're a decent prospect for any aspiring hungry player, the future's bright 🔵⚪👍

• Like 3

I am far less concerned about 'who' we sign than I was last season. Of the two stand out players for this season (Yarney/Kitching) one I had never heard of in Yarney and the comments on here were really negative and here we are tryinf to extend his contractpast the end of next season already. When Green came in some were almost laughing but he has looked good enough to me to challenge next year. Two or three of players I had never heard of before wont worry me in the slightest  if they have seen the same appitite those two had. Its no coincidence that the upturn in form coincides with Yarneys arrival and green has chipped in with goals whilst also giving us width. Add a name to that to sell a few more season tickets and we have a team that will hopefully play for each other. This reminds me of 87-88 ......... we know what happened then, maybe its our turn now!

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

I am far less concerned about 'who' we sign than I was last season. Of the two stand out players for this season (Yarney/Kitching) one I had never heard of in Yarney and the comments on here were really negative and here we are tryinf to extend his contractpast the end of next season already. When Green came in some were almost laughing but he has looked good enough to me to challenge next year. Two or three of players I had never heard of before wont worry me in the slightest  if they have seen the same appitite those two had. Its no coincidence that the upturn in form coincides with Yarneys arrival and green has chipped in with goals whilst also giving us width. Add a name to that to sell a few more season tickets and we have a team that will hopefully play for each other. This reminds me of 87-88 ......... we know what happened then, maybe its our turn now!

l hadnt previously heard of pretty much every player we have signed since Jose Baxter!!!!

the last few seasons maybe ld heard of about 1 in 10 so ignoring our vocal online fans every time we sign a player has become standard.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l hadnt previously heard of pretty much every player we have signed since Jose Baxter!!!!

the last few seasons maybe ld heard of about 1 in 10 so ignoring our vocal online fans every time we sign a player has become standard.

Those most vocally denigrating new signings they've never heard of are usually the ones who claim they are more knowledgeable than the pros, with little or no evidence.

It's probably better to watch a player for at least 5 minutes before binning them !!  😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

This reminds me of 87-88 ......... we know what happened then, maybe its our turn now!

Hope we don’t have to suffer finishes of 10th, 16th and 8th before we see some success!

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Those most vocally denigrating new signings they've never heard of are usually the ones who claim they are more knowledgeable than the pros, with little or no evidence.

It's probably better to watch a player for at least 5 minutes before binning them !!  😉

Correct Bob, it's amazing how many rule a player out just because of his current club without ever seeing him play.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 4:58 PM, daniel said:

How can you suspect that we’ll be aiming lower on the back of us ruling out signing 3 players who have never played at a higher level than where we are now? 

Exactly. 

These 3 are banded about and essentially they're excellent at semi pro level. Perhaps we are aiming at this stage for players who can excel at league 2 level minimum. 

Plenty better out there than these 3, whether we can get them is another question. 

Jamie Sterry who can play as a conventional rightback or in a wing back role is moving on from Hartlepool, be well worth a look, was one of Hartlepools stand outs when they went up out of the NL and at 27 you'd think approaching his peak.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Jamie Sterry who can play as a conventional rightback or in a wing back role is moving on from Hartlepool, be well worth a look, was one of Hartlepools stand outs when they went up out of the NL and at 27 you'd think approaching his peak.

Unlikely, as according to local paper he doesn’t want to play in NL. 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Why is he moving on? Staying at Hartlepool or coming here would be a move down wouldn’t it?

Pools fans seem to rate him highly however he looks to have played pretty much all his career in the North East and a move here would involve him moving house so we’d have to offer him at least a 2 year deal I would think.

47 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

coming here would be a move down wouldn’t it?

not really. they only finished about ten places above us, theyve got a tiny ground with shit fans and their trophy chances next season are minimal.

it probably feels warmer here too and it doesnt stink of fish almost everywhere.

41 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

not really. they only finished about ten places above us, theyve got a tiny ground with shit fans and their trophy chances next season are minimal.

it probably feels warmer here too and it doesnt stink of fish almost everywhere.

You’ve convinced me Monty…it’s obviously a done deal!!😂😂

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

You make a compelling argument to be fair 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

VNL Insider on twitter reporting we're interested in Sean Scannell, released by Grimsby. Not an obvious target, 32yo, hasn't played much in the last five years.

As weird signings go that would be right up there.

On 5/13/2023 at 9:37 PM, yarddog73 said:

Matty Lund not getting in to the Salford team would be the type of midfielder we need.

Don't see this happening, is he that out of their plans?? You not remember the abuse he gave our fans during the last time we played them away? He's very much Dale he won't be joining us imo.

3 minutes ago, oafcforever said:

Don't see this happening, is he that out of their plans?? You not remember the abuse he gave our fans during the last time we played them away? He's very much Dale he won't be joining us imo.

Footballers, same as fans are both very fickle. 

Conor Grant might be one we are interested in, dont know how affordable he would be. I would love James Sterry, he would do a similar job to Kitchen was a threat last time we played Hartlepool at home in League 2. Matty Lund also a good shout , Wilson released by Port Vale too.