Signing & Player Rumours

21 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We just let Southerington go and if Leutwiler is binned off then yes!

Norman and Hudson and a youth keeper as 3rd choice is surely enough?

2 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Conner Ripley, fans player of the year at Morecombe just been released.Must be on a huge wage.I suspect.

It’s Morecambe mate. They don’t pay in gold bullion there. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

21 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Rumoured to be on his way to Bolton, think they had a City loanee in goal this season. I sincerely doubt the talented Mr. Ripley is NL bound.

AND, we have a couple of problems but keeper ain't one.

As Jay-Z once said

On a twitter Q&A with Suzanne Geldard just now, Unsworth said that none of Booty, Haughton or Willoughby will be signing for Oldham.

Confirmed that it could be as many as 8/9 new signings, some of whom might be on loan but concentrating on permanent. Hopeful of getting some business done soon but more important to make quality signings than quick signings. New signings can't be registered until 1 July. Said Yarney and Green have been offered good contracts and hopeful both will re-sign 

26 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

So we are not going for that quality then are we aiming higher or as I suspect lower only time will tell..

How can you suspect that we’ll be aiming lower on the back of us ruling out signing 3 players who have never played at a higher level than where we are now? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

On a twitter Q&A with Suzanne Geldard just now, Unsworth said that none of Booty, Haughton or Willoughby will be signing for Oldham.

Confirmed that it could be as many as 8/9 new signings, some of whom might be on loan but concentrating on permanent. Hopeful of getting some business done soon but more important to make quality signings than quick signings. New signings can't be registered until 1 July. Said Yarney and Green have been offered good contracts and hopeful both will re-sign 

Personally, I think he was deflecting. I know two of those were are looking at and one of them we put in a bid last season which was turned down.

I'll be amazed if at least one of those isn't an Oldham player next season.

15 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

My concern overall is that the management may think we finished so well that we don’t need much more to go up…..I think most of us who watched enough games think otherwise!

based on him saying we will sign up to nine quality players?

hmm interesting..

1 hour ago, daniel said:

How can you suspect that we’ll be aiming lower on the back of us ruling out signing 3 players who have never played at a higher level than where we are now? 

Come on we know these are good players as many have said I guess they will be going to higher than us now.

10 minutes ago, johnboy said:

it ws clear when yarney extended from non-conract to a egular contract to the season end.i theres an archive on the club website.

lno yeah but every time somebody asks a simple question they get a convoluted answer. add this to the clubs legacy reputation of getting things wrong PLUS leaving him off the 'retained list' is enough uncertainty to ask a simple question (and get a convoluted answer!!)

also pretty funny that your post telling us that something is clear, but using a less than clear way to do it!!

well, it was to me anyway 😞

thats that cleared up.

I think the fan base is conditioned to negativity. Everything seems to get taken as an indicator of impending disappointment. 

Time to have a different mindset - Frank’s in charge, things are looking up!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, johnboy said:

it ws clear when yarney extended from non-conract to a egular contract to the season end.i theres an archive on the club website.

I read it that we are trying to extend for more than 18 months 😃

• Like 1

Sounds like there is some form of escape clause or loophole in Yarney's extended deal.

It's not been a straight answer from who ever has been asked about it. The cryptic answers suggest we've offered him more money to honour the agreement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

my reading is he is here next season, but he signed for peanuts and it would be insulting to keep him at that amount.

What amount of peanuts did he sign for -and has he eaten them all?

not even a bag a week! l would imagine the option was mutual and l would hope we didnt even try and trigger it. hopefully nobody turns his head whilst he is on holiday and he was made to feel the love at Live, Loud n Beefy.

If Yarney doesn't want to stay I say let him go. I only want players that want to play for us. I include Nuttall and Rooney in that as well, although it did seem in the last month of the season Nuttall was enjoying himself a bit more.