Signing & Player Rumours

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I have a friend whose ITK at Everton and apparently we have Lewis Dobbin and Tyler Onyango lined up to come in January, not sure why we have to wait till then but that is what I'm being told, both well thought of at Everton, anybody else heard this?

Lewis Dobbin thats on loan at Derby, seems strange for him to then drop down two leagues...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Anyone seen Nuttall play- what type of striker is he?  (I’ll take anything given our options over the last couple of years) 

Think I've only ever seen him play once and that was against us in Feb when his whole team were abysmal. But I'm pretty confident he is better than Luamba and Fondop.

As a side note, we tried to sign him a few years back on loan and were to we couldn't afford him and ended up signing Urko Vera a day or two later...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

I could be way off here.. but I’m getting an inkling you would like us to sign Houghton? 

Too similar to Rooney, so don't think it will happen.

Edited by BP1960

23 hours ago, BP1960 said:

How did Ryan Colclough do?

He was tidy enough, Conn Clark was the standout for me with his movement and use of ball.

Nuttall didn’t stand out for me but Scunthorpe play very similar to Sheridan team with lots of sideways passing and then launch it forward, maybe Unsworth will have a different approach, but Bromley game would have shown Unsworth that midfield is key and players that that are comfortable on the ball which is something we lack especially when Gardner isn’t in the team

10 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Joe Nuttall's career stats before this season doesn't look that good. Not many games and not many goals. 5 in 10 this season is pretty good, I do admit. Surely there's better out there though?

sometimes its more about the future than the past

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

A bit of a gamble then, but let's hope he adapts well and nets a few. 

A lot of his appearances were at higher level so there is hope there. He's at a good age and well thought of. I saw a few comments on the Blackpool board when he came on to net the winner vs Ipswich in L1, talk of him coming in for Madine at the time who I always thought was handy at that level and is still playing for them in the Championship now. Fingers crossed.

Edited by chickenbaltipie

3 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Joe Nuttall's career stats before this season doesn't look that good. Not many games and not many goals. 5 in 10 this season is pretty good, I do admit. Surely there's better out there though?

Vast majority of his appearances before Scunthorpe were off the bench.