Signing & Player Rumours

1 minute ago, basilrobbie said:

Nuttall had a bad time with us and the crowd got on his back, which didn't help. But I always thought he could do well in the right system. He's been scoring goals at a team that looks as thought it is sliding straight through. In fact, if they are letting him go it makes you wonder whether they are already throwing in the towel.

Reading comments from their fans on this, they seem fairly confident that they are the next Bury, sadly 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I think you may be confusing 'scout report' with highlights reel.  You'd know better than me but surely the value in scouting is spotting the not so obvious - what the player does when he's not on the ball - movement, finding space etc?

Just now, Dave_Og said:

I think you may be confusing 'scout report' with highlights reel.  You'd know better than me but surely the value in scouting is spotting the not so obvious - what the player does when he's not on the ball - movement, finding space etc?

I don't think he named the video :D 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

fair point

I wish highlights reels had been around in my days in the Crystal Palace & District Sunday League Division Four - somebody would have snapped me up 

I sent in my written report to Watford, they signed John Barnes instead.

Edited by BP1960

33 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Nuttall had a bad time with us and the crowd got on his back, which didn't help. But I always thought he could do well in the right system. He's been scoring goals at a team that looks as thought it is sliding straight through. In fact, if they are letting him go it makes you wonder whether they are already throwing in the towel.

Was at Altrincham v Scunthorpe and Nuttall scored a penalty but didn’t stand out, though he’s a big unit, Alty’s Conn Clark looked a good player though 

19 minutes ago, Brisbaneblue said:

Was at Altrincham v Scunthorpe and Nuttall scored a penalty but didn’t stand out, though he’s a big unit, Alty’s Conn Clark looked a good player though 

How did Ryan Colclough do?

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How did Ryan Colclough do?

Seems an interesting character this lad. Been up in court for assaulting a bouncer (two seperate occasions) and also one on a police officer.

From what I've heard, he's not the sharpest tool in the box even aside from those misdemeanors.

This Nuttall lad, He hasn't played much has he? I'm just looking at his stats now. By looking at this, I wouldn't say it's a "great" signing. 7 in 24 in a poor Scunthorpe side is alright, to be fair. We'll have to see how he gets on. Hope and Nuttall up front doesn't sound too bad.

2015–2017 Aberdeen 2 (0)
2016–2017  Stranraer (loan) 9 (2)
2017  Dumbarton (loan) 2 (0)
2017–2019 Blackburn Rovers 28 (4)
2019–2022 Blackpool 27 (2)
2020–2021  Northampton Town (loan) 1 (0)
2022– Scunthorpe United 24 (7)

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm just worried that we are strengthening the squad to improve results on the pitch when winning games isn't even in the top 20 priorities for the season...

Not what I said and well you know it.  Of course we need to win games

57 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

This Nuttall lad, He hasn't played much has he? I'm just looking at his stats now. By looking at this, I wouldn't say it's a "great" signing. 7 in 24 in a poor Scunthorpe side is alright, to be fair. We'll have to see how he gets on. Hope and Nuttall up front doesn't sound too bad.

2015–2017 Aberdeen 2 (0)
2016–2017  Stranraer (loan) 9 (2)
2017  Dumbarton (loan) 2 (0)
2017–2019 Blackburn Rovers 28 (4)
2019–2022 Blackpool 27 (2)
2020–2021  Northampton Town (loan) 1 (0)
2022– Scunthorpe United 24 (7)

With Rooney playing just off them both. Once Hope is back (which sounds like it could be a while tbf) he's prepared to do plenty of graft, so I'm happy to have someone who can just get themselves in the 18 yard box 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

UPDATE: Chief operating officer Lee Turnbull has told me that @SUFCOfficial have received an offer from Oldham Athletic for Joe Nuttall but the striker wants to stay at the club. Turnbull says they want to keep hold of their best players. #Iron #UTI #BBCFootball @HumbersideSport

He obviously wants to play for them in the Northern Premier League rather than for us…in the Norther Premier League…

• Like 2