Where is the squad at?

We’re all good at saying who we don’t want/rate. But our squad is large, so we can’t get rid of them all.

Who shouldn’t play again? 

Who is nailed on to start? 

Who needs an arm around the shoulder? 

IMO there is enough to make a decent ish starting 11, but beyond that we’re obviously struggling. 

I would be perfectly happy if we changed the entire damn squad…maybe keep Vaughan but on the other hand he might be the only player that we can get a fee for so take the money.

The rest are utter garbage, every single one of them and without massive changes we could well be in a relegation scrap and this lot will not win a fight.

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We’re all good at saying who we don’t want/rate. But our squad is large, so we can’t get rid of them all.

Who shouldn’t play again? 

Who is nailed on to start? 

Who needs an arm around the shoulder? 

IMO there is enough to make a decent ish starting 11, but beyond that we’re obviously struggling. 

Our squad is large but not many of them were available today.

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Our squad is large but not many of them were available today.

I think that is irrelevant. You’d be struggling to pick a competitive side even from a fully fit squad…Absolutely any combination of 11 players from this squad = Shite!!

31 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think that is irrelevant. You’d be struggling to pick a competitive side even from a fully fit squad…Absolutely any combination of 11 players from this squad = Shite!!

I disagree with you, I think with a full squad available, Unsworth is more than capable of putting together a team that would compete.

Vaughan would be a definite, along with Hogan, Hope and Porter.

We have so many players out and unavailable, it is a complete fucking mess.

We've had no midfield from day one, only player on the books who can look after the football hasn't made the bench for the majority of the season, that midfield three today in behind Luamba of Stobbs, Tollitt and Burgess is as weak as piss and all three should be fringe players at best, our best player today was the least experienced on the pitch, of the players who are ours I'd keep Hogan, Sheron, Gardner and maybe Hope, take money for Vaughan, Couto, Luamba and Sutton if anyone wants to take them and start again, we literally are at rock bottom, hopefully we've enough to stay up if some of the so called professionals we've got on the books can be arsed to start putting a shift in for their money, it's the fans who suffer again watching an absolute shit show and paying hundreds for the privilege, pains me to say it but we could get embarrassed next Saturday if this lot can't even be arsed to work off the ball and put in the graft, what a sorry state it when we are getting dicked 3-0 here there and everywhere in this piss poor league.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We've had no midfield from day one, only player on the books who can look after the football hasn't made the bench for the majority of the season, that midfield three today in behind Luamba of Stobbs, Tollitt and Burgess is as weak as piss and all three should be fringe players at best, our best player today was the least experienced on the pitch, of the players who are ours I'd keep Hogan, Sheron, Gardner and maybe Hope, take money for Vaughan, Couto, Luamba and Sutton if anyone wants to take them and start again, we literally are at rock bottom, hopefully we've enough to stay up if some of the so called professionals we've got on the books can be arsed to start putting a shift in for their money, it's the fans who suffer again watching an absolute shit show and paying hundreds for the privilege, pains me to say it but we could get embarrassed next Saturday if this lot can't even be arsed to work off the ball and put in the graft, what a sorry state it when we are getting dicked 3-0 here there and everywhere in this piss poor league.

Keep…

Contracted:

Hogan

Sheron,

Sutton,

Couto,

Tollit,

Gardner,

Vaughan,

Hope

Loanees:

Wellens,

Carragher,

We are stuck with the vast majority for the season  too many crocks signed that won’t play the required number of games to give us a settled side.chopping and changing all the time will see a side in the bottom half of the league all we can do is hopefully pay a couple off and return the short term loans  and replace with better. I am resigned to another crap season we are at our lowest point hopefully and  next season  should start our journey to better times 

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The injured and unavailable players become much better players the more they don't play.

I'm probably guilty of it too with Leutwiler, but for me it's more a case of Norman getting worse every time he's on the pitch as opposed to Leutwiler becoming better...

After Eastleighs first last week and all 3 yesterday where he seems to have lost the ability to dive, I'd drop Norman and put a sack of cement in goal 

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The injured and unavailable players become much better players the more they don't play.

I'm probably guilty of it too with Leutwiler, but for me it's more a case of Norman getting worse every time he's on the pitch as opposed to Leutwiler becoming better...

Another strange comment from Unsworth saying that Norman was steady. He dropped the fucking ball and they should have scored a tap in but they put it over the bar. Kicked it out of play numerous times and should have come to claim the ball for the 3rd goal. Maybe even the 1st. Weird. 

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yes, someone called Steve Collis and its been said Lee Camp has been helping too 

Collis made 99 appearances over a 19 year playing career.
Wiki has Camp on a short-term contract at Wrexham from March 2022, having played over 500 times in his career.

There is a case at the moment to get rid of most of the squad as I think we are weak in all areas. The recruitment was poor this summer their were some mitigating circumstances and probably the pick of those signings and the player that carries the most influence Hogan is out injured.

I think the manager needs to first decide how he wants to play and who is then capable to atleast improve the results from here. 

The players themselves need to take some responsibility for this. Yesterday was them supposedly trying to make an impression on Unsworth. He will have learned something about them yesterday you would hope and expected he would let them know about it.

39 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Another strange comment from Unsworth saying that Norman was steady. He dropped the fucking ball and they should have scored a tap in but they put it over the bar. Kicked it out of play numerous times and should have come to claim the ball for the 3rd goal. Maybe even the 1st. Weird. 

Ye, he should definitely have come out and said he's a bag of shit for a confidence boost...

42 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Saw Ex Latics youth Chris Renshaw put on a superb goalkeeping display for Curzon Ashton yesterday, we could do worse than bring him back.

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ye, he should definitely have come out and said he's a bag of shit for a confidence boost...

I agree with that, however you can say some things best by saying nothing at all.

I don't agree with managers publicly slating their teams and Unsworth has already said he won't.

Having said that the day Kewell started his post match interview after one of the worst performances since football started (forget who it was against) with

"First of all the performance was excellent"

I nearly threw my laptop through the window 

Archived