MATCH: vs Wrexham (H) 01/10/22

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Strange comment  - catch them when they’re young and it will help.

It's the job of parents first and teachers second.  At a time when the police barely investigate crimes I'd be surprised if they have the resources to do this meaningfully.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

there has also been an increase in lads follwing dads down this path whether the dad likes it or not.

some people moaning should be a bit more grateful we can still muster up a resistance to such invasions. l certainly wouldnt want mobs like that strolling unopposed around the town.

also it would have kept quite a few of them who had a ticket away from the match (unless they bussed the whole lot up and put them in for free of course).

Oh please. 

Yeah I'm really grateful for a load of pathetic losers for having a scrap in a residential area infront of a load of women kids perhaps you should ask them how grateful they are for fighting for England. 

Well done for failing at life.

26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's the job of parents first and teachers second.  At a time when the police barely investigate crimes I'd be surprised if they have the resources to do this meaningfully.

They have officers who visit schools already to give talks 

16 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

if you are into violence get into Boxing or MMA or even Rugby it should quench your thirst for violence and not get a criminal record. Their is even White collar Boxing these days I don't know if anyone has tried that.

If you get involved in football violence you are either going to get twatted by another idiot, twatted by a copper, or twat someone and end up in a cell with a criminal record. Plus everyone thinks your an arsehole because now in the reverse fixture their is going to be a heavy police presence.  Those who just want to go have a drink in one of the local pubs will now find they will be herded around like cattle from the venue to the train station.

I'm also yet to meet a woman who's idea of fun on a Saturday night is spending time at the local police station spending her hard earned on bail for her fella because he somehow believed that a group from Oldham and a group from Wrexham believed they were somehow fighting for their respective countries. You weren't lads, someone throwing a wheely bin in Failsworth is not the glyndwr risings.

As someone who couldn’t fight his way of a wet paper bag, but also has an awareness of the consequences of getting hurt/hurting someone else I wouldn’t know for certain, but I think the violence aspect is only part of the appeal.

It’s a sport to a lot of people - “me and my mates vs him and his mates”. There’s probably a sense of belonging to being part of a group, which you just wouldn’t really get with MMA and Boxing, etc.

There was a documentary on a while ago about a hooligan who tried MMA, but he said it just didn’t give him the same buzz as football violence..

There’s some completely unqualified psychology for you!

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Norman should save the first for me. 

I can see why you'd say that from the main camera angle on the highlights  but I was sat  right behind the line of the shot in the JR stand and  thought he had no chance. It was a really good finish for a centre half.

Not that I'm praising Norman's  performance. Some of his kicking was terrible and nearly got us in trouble a couple of times.

35 minutes ago, bozman said:

I can see why you'd say that from the main camera angle on the highlights  but I was sat  right behind the line of the shot in the JR stand and  thought he had no chance. It was a really good finish for a centre half.

Not that I'm praising Norman's  performance. Some of his kicking was terrible and nearly got us in trouble a couple of times.

Barring the odd kick I thought he did well, seem to command his box more and claimed more crosses/long throws than usual

Norman probably needs replacing although I'd have him in front of Leutwiler any day of the week, how many would Wrexham of scored Saturday from Tozer' long throw which Norman on the whole dealt with quite well, Leutwiler doesn't come of his line to take the high ball at the best of times, for the money them two are on you'd get a very good keeper and be better sticking the youth lad on the bench.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Highlights, some poor far post defending.

Re watching the highlights, their player who hit the deck with no contact from Tollit trying to get him sent off should be banned for a game.

1 hour ago, stott182 said:

Re watching the highlights, their player who hit the deck with no contact from Tollit trying to get him sent off should be banned for a game.

Mullin. Must have had acting lessons from Ryan Reynolds. 

10 hours ago, Lags said:

I think some would be amazed by the number of people involved that hold down very important jobs through the week.

Indeed. I used to know a highly regarded accountant, who worked for one of the big firms (excuse the pun) who was a thoroughly decent, normal chap. Except when, about 6 times a year, he decided to "get off his face" on white powder and a few pints and have a right good scrap with opposing fans during organised fights.

I chatted to him regularly and he described it as his "escape valve" from the boring monotony of everyday life. I tried to get him interested in philately but he nearly punched my lights out thinking I was offering him oral!

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh please. 

Yeah I'm really grateful for a load of pathetic losers for having a scrap in a residential area infront of a load of women kids perhaps you should ask them how grateful they are for fighting for England. 

Well done for failing at life.

1. nice one karen

2. well done for failing at making assumptions and following it up by letting misplaced anger effect your ariculation of how (falsley) superior it made you feel 🤣

fuckit l'll play the assumption game

l'm currently lay here after returning from a month in Athens and Barçelona debating whether l need to work before febraryish, whereas you probably wont see this until you get up to wage slave to pay for your financed house car and life.

only one of us 'has failed at life' if l'm correct

don't tell me the answer bc l don't actually care. l don't need internet valudation that l'm a 'better person' than somebody else. l probably won't even read your 'response'. l only saw this rather predictable one by accident.

enjoy your 'likes'

🙄

ps, one part of it was right outide the house of some prominent MP types (parents of personal friends btw) so it will recieve the level of pushdown from above which will result in the police putting enough of the perps in the stocks to satiate us plebs and keep us looking the other way.

l'll voice my boys will be boys opinion round the table over Xmas as a conversation starter, they already don't like inviting me!!

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Norman probably needs replacing although I'd have him in front of Leutwiler any day of the week, how many would Wrexham of scored Saturday from Tozer' long throw which Norman on the whole dealt with quite well, Leutwiler doesn't come of his line to take the high ball at the best of times, for the money them two are on you'd get a very good keeper and be better sticking the youth lad on the bench.

yes its either this or buy a merge o matic and make them into one person

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Indeed. I used to know a highly regarded accountant, who worked for one of the big firms (excuse the pun) who was a thoroughly decent, normal chap. Except when, about 6 times a year, he decided to "get off his face" on white powder and a few pints and have a right good scrap with opposing fans during organised fights.

I chatted to him regularly and he described it as his "escape valve" from the boring monotony of everyday life. I tried to get him interested in philately but he nearly punched my lights out thinking I was offering him oral!

l know money is not an indication of success, well not to me anyway, but l don't get out of bed for less than £300 a day (plus VAT) and l think this accountant guy has it nailed down. if he supports a big club and sticks at sixish a season he will be running quite a low risk of getting caught aswell.

l'm not even going to bring up that the 'passion' some beige people so loved to hear thru their new big free covid TV durin the pandemic is so often provided by these danger kidults.

great feet for the equaliser

for the penalty our chap needs to go with his head like theirs does, for about a second before he wins it their man has already decided thats how he he is going to win either a penalty or concede a free kick for 'low head' (its a thing) his whole body shape is how your body can look when you force it into a stupid position your mind isnt enjoying all for the sake of a game 🤣🤣🤣

hands tucked in, neck hunched, knees coming up it looks like how l sometimes sleep tbf

• Matt locked this topic
  • Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived